Game Music Forum Archive

So . . . Sly Cooper OST?

By Idolores (Jan 13, 2006)

I just bought the first two games in the series and am absolutely loving them. The music in particular fits the whole "Cartoon/film noir" feel the game sets for itself, and is good listening.

Was there ever an official OST release for this series? I read on Wikipedia that there was a really nice intro song for the Japanese version of Thievius Racoonus that we NA gamers didn't get to hear. Of course, having all the Sly tunes on CD would be great, too, but I really want to hear that Japanese exsclusive song!

As usual, Google yielded nothing for me. I find it odd, because the series is pretty popular worldwide, you'd think some company out there would've released it . . .

By Zane (Jan 13, 2006)

Of course not.

I posted about this a while ago. Just the rips, I guess....

By shdwrlm3 (Jan 13, 2006)

Blackjack found!

I've been a huge Sly fan for years now, and I had never heard of the Japanese theme song. I did a search and it is available, on a CD single, no less:

http://www.cdjapan.jp/detailview.html?KEY=CTCR-40163

Samples at their Japanese site:
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=CTCR-40163

Personally, I'm loving it; it's got a nice, jazzy, big band quality that actually would've fit perfectly with Sly 2's theme. Time to order ^_^ It'll have to be in my March order, though [January and February are already way too full].

Anyway, glad to see another Sly convert. I'm finishing up Sly 2 as we speak, and am eager to take on Sly 3 the second it becomes GH [as X-Play would put it, I'm a cheap bastard]. The series tends to not get the same recognition that Jak or Ratchet get, unfortunately, perhaps because they've yet to GTA-ize it or "darken" it for no good reason.

Other reasons to love Sly:
-Sly's adversary, Carmelita Fox, shares the same first name as my mother.
-Sly is a rare mascot that doesn't wear shades or is "dark" in some way, yet still manages to exude tons of cool.
-Sly's voice is sssssexxxxy. Constable Neyla's ain't too shabby either.
-Animal bosses haven't been this cool since the Mega Man X series. Okay, a Kung-Fu Panda may not be original, but a Dancing Disco Lizard? Gotta love it.
-Tons of extras. I really miss the stage commentaries from the first game, but at least the sequels retain the "Making Of" docs.

By Dais (Jan 13, 2006)

>-Sly's voice is sssssexxxxy. Constable Neyla's ain't too shabby either.

*furry alarm sounds*

By Idolores (Jan 13, 2006)

I only wish I'd gotten into it sooner.

>-Sly's voice is sssssexxxxy. Constable Neyla's ain't too shabby either.

Now, I'm not one into furry, or whatever, but for reasons I can't pin down, Neyla is sexy. Maybe the whole feline thing she has going? Cats and females always seemed like they go together.

>-Animal bosses haven't been this cool since the Mega Man X series. Okay, a Kung-Fu Panda may not be original, but a Dancing Disco Lizard? Gotta love it.

Gotta love his "Kinetic Aesthetic! And I thought Panda King was pretty cool.

>-Tons of extras. I really miss the stage commentaries from the first game, but at least the sequels retain the "Making Of" docs.

All I want is for someone to make action figures. Just try and tell me that a 3 way boxest featuring Bentley, Murray and Sly with the Band's van wouldn't be cool!

But then again, I have been trying for years to get people to realize that a Zone of the Enders toyline would rock the toy world, and we haven't seen that yet. Maybe I should forget about getting any of my favorite games/movies adapted for toys?