Game Music Forum Archive

Dark Savior game rip?

By Sami (Feb 09, 2005)

Dark Savior has some great music, especially Bilan's Escape. Unfortunately, the soundtrack release (Dark Savior Sound Factory 2) doesn't contain the original Sega Saturn synth nor all of the tracks present in the game. I've looked for a Dark Savior game rip, but haven't found one. Has anyone else?

By Ultrace (Feb 09, 2005)

I have it.

I recorded the game music as part of celebrating the Saturn's 10th anniversary last November. I posted it to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.video-games then but have not done so since.

If you post a request to the newsgroup (to show that you have access to it, and also to make sure others know I'm not just self-indulgently posting my own stuff) I'll be glad to post it again. It's two CDs.

By Dais (Feb 09, 2005)

Don't suppose you could torrent it?

>I recorded the game music as part of celebrating the Saturn's 10th anniversary last November. I posted it to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.video-games then but have not done so since.
>
>If you post a request to the newsgroup (to show that you have access to it, and also to make sure others know I'm not just self-indulgently posting my own stuff) I'll be glad to post it again. It's two CDs.

Please~?

By Ultrace (Feb 09, 2005)

Where at?

I've never been the prime seeder for any files before. Do you know what location would be a good tracker for game music?

By Dais (Feb 09, 2005)

Unfortunately, sites have been going down recently

>I've never been the prime seeder for any files before. Do you know what location would be a good tracker for game music?

But you might talk to the people at http://www.anime-game-osts.com/, and I hear that Hongfire will host pretty much anything related to Japan....

By Godai (Feb 09, 2005)

I'll host this for you if you want.

>I've never been the prime seeder for any files before. Do you know what location would be a good tracker for game music?

By Sami (Feb 10, 2005)

Oh!

I'm grateful even for the existence of a rip. Being a new school web citizen though, I have no experience of newsgroups. Therefore, a torrent would be really appreciated.

By Ultrace (Feb 10, 2005)

Available now.

I thought Godai's offer to host it was somehow linked to getting it placed onto a torrent, not to his website... That's when I realized I could put it on my own site for a few days. Grab it at the link below. Note that the file is 166MB zipped, so dial-uppers beware...

By Dais (Feb 11, 2005)

Sweet!

>I thought Godai's offer to host it was somehow linked to getting it placed onto a torrent, not to his website... That's when I realized I could put it on my own site for a few days. Grab it at the link below. Note that the file is 166MB zipped, so dial-uppers beware...

Thanks~!

By Sami (Feb 18, 2005)

Sounds great!

This is what I've been hoping for years, ever since I played the game and enjoyed the music in the sound test. Appreciated!

By QM (Jan 07, 2006)

If anyone knows where to get this, it'd be much appreciated. I am trying to learn the usenet newsgroup route, since I've never used newsgroups, but if anyone has a easier way, please let me know. Thank you.

By Sami (Jan 07, 2006)

Whoa, this is a blast from the past

Have you tried Direct Connect++:ing to VGMCentral and searching for it there?

>If anyone knows where to get this, it'd be much appreciated. I am trying to learn the usenet newsgroup route, since I've never used newsgroups, but if anyone has a easier way, please let me know. Thank you.
>
>

By QM (Jan 07, 2006)

>Have you tried Direct Connect++:ing to VGMCentral and searching for it there?
>
>>If anyone knows where to get this, it'd be much appreciated. I am trying to learn the usenet newsgroup route, since I've never used newsgroups, but if anyone has a easier way, please let me know. Thank you.
>>
>>
>
>

I just tried and didn't succeed. Maybe I don't know how to make that work either *scratches head*. I'm such a noob to these things. I'll keep trying these two ways, but if anyone has anything easier, do let me know still. I'll post when/if I get it.