Game Music

Final Fantasy: More Friends concert CD. What?

When the heck did this get announced?  How did it get released yesterday?  Somehow I completely missed this or something:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/ … index.html

I don't know when it was announced, but it's been on GMR for a while.

And if I'm not wrong,someone was selling this one and also the Dear Friends concert cd on ebay a few months ago.

By jb (Feb 16, 2006) (#4)

Svenlove2003 wrote:

And if I'm not wrong,someone was selling this one and also the Dear Friends concert cd on ebay a few months ago.

That was probably a bootleg, this is the first and so far only official release of any of the live concert series.

It's not bad, not a big fan of the Black Mages or vocal stuff, I enjoyed the first two full orchestral performances more (With just Fithos and O-WA having the choirs).

By Schala (Feb 16, 2006) (#5)

CD Japan announced it back in early December. Do you subscribe to their mailing lists?

By Sami (Feb 16, 2006) (#6)

And there's more, the CD is actually good. Whoa!

By bluefish (Feb 16, 2006) (#7)

This is now available on gamemp3s.net...personally I don't feel much guilt downloading it after I bought the 'More Friends' CD at the actual event and it turned out to be a compilation of the OSTs...

The two CDs you saw on sale were limited edition CDs sold only at the More Friends concert.  They were compilation CDs containing the OSV/OST versions of the songs played at each concert.  Many of us bought these thinking they had pre-recorded the More Friends concert.  Should have known better.

By Matt Rees (Feb 24, 2006) (#9)

Arent those the CDs you can buy on SE's american site now?

By TerraEpon (Feb 24, 2006) (#10)

Out of curiosity, did you actually LOOK at the CDs before you bought them? I haven't seen them, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an obvious indication on them (in which case you have noone to blame but yourself).

-Joshua

By Ordim (Feb 24, 2006) (#11)

Qui-Gon Joe wrote:

When the heck did this get announced?  How did it get released yesterday?  Somehow I completely missed this or something:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/ … index.html

The CD has been released in Japan only, so far no release date for other markets has been announced.

By Boonage (Feb 24, 2006) (#12)

Are there any reviews posted for this CD? I remember reading about the concert and there seemed to be some audio problems--reports of mics or lights blowing out.

By Schala (Feb 24, 2006) (#13)

Boonage wrote:

Are there any reviews posted for this CD? I remember reading about the concert and there seemed to be some audio problems--reports of mics or lights blowing out.

I've listened to the CD and the audio seems to be okay. I can't tell if the lights actually blew, though. ^_~

By Arcubalis (Mar 06, 2006) (#14)

TerraEpon wrote:

Out of curiosity, did you actually LOOK at the CDs before you bought them? I haven't seen them, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an obvious indication on them (in which case you have noone to blame but yourself).

-Joshua

True.  There was some small text at the bottom saying something about original soundtracks, but the people at the counter had no idea, and it didn't really cross my mind that they would make a compilation of the original OSV/OST tracks.  It still doesn't make any sense to me.

As far as them being on sale at the SE site, I'm not sure.  They probably are.  Oh well, they look nice next to the programs from each concert anyway.

By Schala (Mar 06, 2006) (#15)

Arcubalis wrote:

As far as them being on sale at the SE site, I'm not sure.  They probably are.

They've been on sale on SE's site for some time, although I don't know exactly how long they've been posted. They have a note at the bottom of the description saying that the songs are the original in-game versions.

Dear Friends:
http://shopcdsbooks.com/Merchant2/merch … e_Code=SQX

More Friends:
http://shopcdsbooks.com/Merchant2/merch … e_Code=SQX

By Arcubalis (Mar 06, 2006) (#16)

Unfortunately it wasn't as blatant at the show.