Gaming

sequel to Demon's Souls announced

By avatar! (Feb 05, 2011) (#1)

Currently titled "Dark Souls". I remember reading an interview where the developers said that the chances for a sequel are slim to none. Well, I guess that must have quickly changed once bags of money were dropped off in their office smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2cvS3cWEk

This was announced a long time ago (though now the title is official).  Just FYI it's Namco publishing this time and it's NOT an official sequel.  Same developer and same general idea, but the worlds are not connected.

By avatar! (Feb 06, 2011) (#3)

Qui-Gon Joe wrote:

This was announced a long time ago (though now the title is official).  Just FYI it's Namco publishing this time and it's NOT an official sequel.  Same developer and same general idea, but the worlds are not connected.

I had heard that something was in the works, but this was news to me. I am glad it is a sequel even if not a direct sequel. Well, technically it can't be a sequel if it's not connected story-wise, but for all practical purposes it is a sequel.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/dark- … otally-is/

My favorite quote from the article:

"Finally, rest assured that Dark Souls will be at least as difficult as its predecessor, if not even more so."

smile

By avatar! (Oct 03, 2011) (#4)

Dark Souls is out!
Looks like the US Collector's Edition has sold out. Copies have already sold on ebay for $120 (dang)!  At any rate, I'm curious if anyone (aside from myself) ordered a copy? Should be a great game, but very time-consuming. I won't open my copy for a while, but will eventually play. As far as I can tell it's basically Demon's Souls once more. Not a bad thing at all.

At any rate, I'm curious if anyone (aside from myself) ordered a copy?

Definitely not for me, but I hope you enjoy it.

the european limited edition will be mine soon (with soundtrack CD, no digital junk) smile

By avatar! (Oct 04, 2011) (#7)

Pellasos wrote:

the european limited edition will be mine soon (with soundtrack CD, no digital junk) smile

Lucky! Unfortunately here in the US we only get digital junk... but I ordered a real CD online. Yeah, costs more, but some arsehole decided that the NA release should be digital and... don't get me started!