Game Music

October 2011 Soundtracks

Oboromuramasa Ongakushuu Hensou no Maku. What gorgeous looking cover art. I may have someone buy this for me on X-Mas.

I'll be buying Sonic The Hedgehog Soundtrack 1 & 2 OST.

Last edited by vert1 (Saturday, 22:19)

10/01: Oboro Muramasa Arranged Album

^ What.

Okay seriously does nobody ever post news about fantastic sounding new albums on here any more or am I just THAT oblivious?  How do things like this keep popping up on upcoming album lists without my ever having heard a single word about them?

Also,

vert1 wrote:

Oboromuramasa Ongakushuu Hensou no Maku. What gorgeous looking cover art.

I have the same problem with it that I did with the original - I really don't need that much female skin on my game music album covers.  I mean honestly, it makes me feel weird to sometimes have the ost sitting out on my counter when company comes over.

Last edited by Qui-Gon Joe (Saturday, 23:26)

By Cedille (Sunday, 7:24) (#5)

Nice to see the OP ignoring Ace Combat Assault Horizon and Black Rock Shooter. This October is actually pretty amazing in that my all four favorite composers release something new. I'll surely buy Assault Horizon and Persona 4. I even didn't notice Muramasa and Grand Knight were already released, and I forgot to order. Perhaps I should sample them as it's a bit too late to make a blind purchase. I'm a fan of Namiki's post-Basiscape works, but I don't care about his earlier works at the same time, and I wonder which Black Rock Shooter is closer to....

Qui-Gon Joe wrote:

10/01: Oboro Muramasa Arranged Album

^ What.

Okay seriously does nobody ever post news about fantastic sounding new albums on here any more or am I just THAT oblivious?  How do things like this keep popping up on upcoming album lists without my ever having heard a single word about them?

i agree, nobody told me Persona 4 was getting an arrange album o_o

this is great.

By LiquidAcid (Sunday, 10:43) (#7)

Pellasos wrote:

i agree, nobody told me Persona 4 was getting an arrange album o_o

this is great.

You guys should just watch the VGMdb feed on upcoming albums.

By rein (Today, 9:45) (#8)

Cedille wrote:

Nice to see the OP ignoring Ace Combat Assault Horizon and Black Rock Shooter. This October is actually pretty amazing in that my all four favorite composers release something new. I'll surely buy Assault Horizon and Persona 4.

There's going to be a standalone release of the Assault Horizon soundtrack?  I thought that the only way to get the complete soundtrack is to buy the super deluxe Famitsu version of the game.  Best Buy in the U.S. is offering a soundtrack disc as a preorder bonus, but it's only a partial soundtrack.  I suspect the same is true of the European limited edition of the game.

If a soundtrack is only available in a bundle with the game, which is a pretty lousy trend, I think that Adam is right not to include it in his list.

By Cedille (Today, 13:34) (#9)

rein wrote:

If a soundtrack is only available in a bundle with the game, which is a pretty lousy trend, I think that Adam is right not to include it in his list.

You know not everybody here purchases every soundtrack that can interest them (although many regular purchasers gather at STC) and to me just because a soundtrack is not commercially sold doesn't sound like a good reason to neglect it as a whole (also, I think this thread is more like a monthly general VGM impression/discussion thread).

But I always expect that we don't necessarily share the same interest, so regardless of how much I'm excited, it can be just meh for somebody else, hence no mention.

By Datschge (Today, 13:37) (#10)

The majority of games get no soundtrack release of any kind, pack-ins are better than nothing.

Last edited by Datschge (Today, 13:37)

By James O (Today, 17:54) (#11)

I'll be getting the Re:Birth Seiken Densetsu album and the Final Fantasy Type-0 ltd ed OST along with the Bump of Chicken ltd ed single for the game too.