Game Music

VGM that gives you chills

By manganzon81 (Aug 25, 2011) (#51)

vert1 wrote:

"XBox 360 Menu Music in Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (when you choose mode of game, ver 1.5, arrange, black label).  Just bought this game the other day and when this came on I was like "...wow"  Chills followed."

That tune is great. I sent my copy of the game to someone to rip it (and then possibly put it up here for people to download). Still waiting on the rip. I'm amazed no one has ripped it on the internet from what I've seen.

Aw yes!!!  Please put that up!  I can't even find this OST anywhere!  And that OST came out in 07 and I assume does not even have that music as it seems like that one menu is exclusive to the 360 version of the game.

By manganzon81 (Sep 05, 2011) (#52)

vert1 wrote:

Guilty Gear X-Awe of She
Ibara - Guardian Angel
Sailing to the World - Point of No Return
F-Zero X - Crazy Call At Cry
Persona 3 FES - Darkness
Winbee's Neo Cinema ~Evergreen side~ - Farewell

Most recent:

Senko No Ronde - North Star
Senko No Ronde - Grey Lips

Yes!  That arrangement of "Farewell" on that Winbee's Neo Cinema album gives me chills as well!  That guitar solo is magical!

By vert1 (Sep 05, 2011) (#53)

manganzon81 wrote:

vert1 wrote:

"XBox 360 Menu Music in Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (when you choose mode of game, ver 1.5, arrange, black label).  Just bought this game the other day and when this came on I was like "...wow"  Chills followed."

That tune is great. I sent my copy of the game to someone to rip it (and then possibly put it up here for people to download). Still waiting on the rip. I'm amazed no one has ripped it on the internet from what I've seen.

Aw yes!!!  Please put that up!  I can't even find this OST anywhere!  And that OST came out in 07 and I assume does not even have that music as it seems like that one menu is exclusive to the 360 version of the game.

And now for the first time on the internet:

http://www.mediafire.com/?waupo985abbs5oa

credits go to lakerhunter2 for ripping it.

By Judgment Day (Sep 08, 2011) (#54)

Not going to come out with any list, but one that comes immediately to mind is the Final Stage of Axelay when you enter the fortress. For some reason, it gives me that "This stage is NO joke" feel to it and you WILL get physically/emotionally scarred if you succeed.

By Ramza (Sep 09, 2011) (#55)

I love that this thread was resurrected.

"Currents" from Genso Suikoden II Orrizonte (arrange album)
"Overture" from Romancing SaGa 3 Windy Tale (zoom in on like 0:40 to 1:20 and let the tears commence)
Temple of Drifting Sands" from Nier (among so many other songs!)
"Pandora" and "Cumulus" from Ys VI ~Songs of Zemeth~
"Truth" (2-24) from Vagrant Story

By RinoaDestiny (Sep 17, 2011) (#56)

Man, I haven't been on this board in a long while. Glad to see this thread revived, indeed!

Been on a SNK/KOF rush with the music for the last week or so. There are so many nominees for songs in that series that induce the chills for sure, but these are the main ones:

1) Tears (KOF 99) - Kyo's grown-into-maturity-with-the-hard-knocks theme. The forlorn 'Esaka' bit in there with the sad melody is just so beautiful. Even more so in the arranged version, where the guitars seem to weep with its protagonist's situation.

2) Goodbye Esaka (KOF 2000) - Yet another Kyo theme. The arranged version is simply mind-boggling wonderful. The part that always gives me chills is when the guitars seem to wail on the main part of the theme. Sayonara Esaka and SNK - you can so feel the pain in this one along with the fight to remain true to oneself.

3) Rhythmic Hallucination (KOF 97) - The New Faces Orochi team theme. So badass and layered and downright menacing. Just the song itself screams intimidation and a good fight to come.

4) Control Crisis (KOF 97) - Orochi Iori and Leona's 'all hell's breaking loose and we're insane' theme. Creepy with a great bassline and just pure awesome. I still remember hearing this the first time I went up against Orochi Iori and being utterly freaked out.

5) Arashi no Saxophone 2 (KOF 96) - The arranged version wins hands down. It's the sax that induces the chills here. I love me some jazz and I love me some sax and this one is sooo smooth. Iori Yagami gets some of the best themes in KOF and considering this works with his story background (bassist in a jazz band), it's even neater when all his themes pretty much can take the cake.

By the_miker (Oct 07, 2011) (#57)

Silent Hill Homecoming - Elle Theme

Listening to this right now.  Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's voice regularly sends chills down my spine but this song really does it to me, especially the last minute or so.  Damn!