Other Music

Deftones

By Zane (Apr 12, 2010) (#1)

Is anyone here into Deftones? Their new CD ("Diamond Eyes") isn't due out until early May, but it leaked and I downloaded it to check it out and it. Is. Amazing. I've been on a huge Deftones kick over the past couple of weeks, and had to reevaluate their discography. Here's how I'd rank their main albums:

1.) White Pony
2.) Diamond Eyes
3.) Saturday Night Wrist
4.) Deftones
5.) Around the Fur
6.) Adrenaline

Some people think I'm crazy for putting their first two albums at the bottom of the list, especially behind their self-titled record, but I really like the textures and balance that they've put together on their past albums. In comparison "Around the Fur" and "Adrenaline" sound too one-dimensional for my tastes. Classics, yes, but I'd rather hear "White Pony" any day.

Anyway. If you're into Deftones, definitely scope out "Diamond Eyes". It is absolutely ridiculous!

By jb (Apr 12, 2010) (#2)

New album is really good.  Sort of liked them in hs but kind of grew out of all of their new albums. Drive with maynard is still their best song and it's mostly because it's not like anything they ever did and probably attributed mostly to Maynard :p

By Ramza (Apr 13, 2010) (#3)

much as I hate whiny emo self-mutilation crap...

"Come Get Your Knife" ... I think, is a pretty addictive song.

By Nemo (Nov 12, 2010) (#4)

Best band I've ever seen live.

Last edited by Nemo (Nov 13, 2010)

first band i saw live.  i think.

white pony owns.

but.

then comes their live album--it was an import but has the best from my own summer and adrenaline.

and then the self titled album.

i didnt like 'saturday night fever'  tongue

and diamond eyes has not grabbed me at all--its listenable as background, enough to keep on, but, nothing stands out.