11.12.2011 - The apologetic Gregf update...
- I've been meaning to clear up a few things for a while from the various places people post information for me, and this takes care of a certain forum lurker, thanks to Gregf for most of these updates :)
- In other news, I've changed the way that the site works a little. It always annoyed me that I had, for example, Naomi split over 3 or 4 different sections, so now it's all under Sega with just pointers from the other sections (e.g. Capcom/Namco etc.).
It still needs some slight tweaking but I'm happier with it this way already.
- Added better screenshots to Firefox on Atari Laserdisc Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots for Fantastic Journey, Racin' Force and better screenshots to Run and Gun 2, Vs. Net Soccer and Soccer Superstars on Konami GX Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots to Space Walk on 8080 Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots to Lazarian on unique Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Midway Leader Lo-Boy and Basketball have been removed, they were both wrong names for other games, thanks to Gregf.
- Added screenshots to Sega Star Raker on Vic Dual Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Moved Space Ship to Licensed Hardware with screens and a PCB image, thanks to Gregf.
- Moved Sega Heli Shooter from Discrete Logic to mechanical Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Corrected Guilty Gear XX Slash year, thanks to Francisco Nogueira.
- Removed Titan Titles by Sega, it was a flyer name not a game, thanks to Joerg Burkart.
- Added better screenshots to Vertexer on Unknown Post 1990 Hardware.
- Moved Rumba Lumba to The Fairyland Story Hardware and added screenshots, thanks to Gregf.
- Added better screenshots to M.A.C.H. 3 on Licensed Hardware, thanks to Gregf.
- Moved Sub Hunter to 8080 Hardware and added screenshots, thanks to Gregf.
- Corrected Battle Fantasia year, thanks to Francisco Nogueira.
- Added BlazBlue Continuum Shift II and BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend to Taito Type X2 Hardware, thanks to Francisco Nogueira.
- Some minor changes to the CAVE hardware pages, more to come there later probably.
That's it for now, I'll probably do some more updates this week (maybe) as I'm archiving my CD collection again ;)
7.11.2011 - Cave In
- Anyway, on with an update regardless.
- Renamed Cave SH3 Hardware to Cave CV1000B Hardware.
- Added Mushihime-Sama Futari, Mushihime-Sama Futari Ver 1.5 and Medal Mahjong Moukari Bancho to Cave CV1000B Hardware.
- Added a Cave CV1000D Hardware Page.
- Moved Deathsmiles Mega Black Label, Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu, Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu Black label and Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu Ver 1.5 to Cave CV1000D Hardware Page.
- Added Akai Katana and Mushihime-Sama Ver 1.5 Matsuri Version to Cave CV1000D Hardware Page.
- There's more to do in these pages, but that'll do for now ;)
- In other news and talking about hardware, as we sometimes do, NEW PC!
For those of you interested (all... well, none of you probably!)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K / Corsair A50 Cooler
Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
GPU: Asus GTX560TI DCII TOP
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 650W V2 High Performance Power Supply
Drives: OCZ Vertex 2E Bigfoot 120GB 3.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive (and 4 normal hard drives of varying sizes)
Optical: LiteOn iHBS112 12x BluRay-RW 16 x DVD±RW Drive
My first PC with no floppy drive at all, and I really can't recommend getting a solid state hard drive enough, it's just stunningly fast,
5.11.2011 - The few spoiling it for the many
- So I've had a good look at the site, and there's nothing really *that* wrong, it could probably do with the tender loving touch of an SQL guru, nudge nudge wink wink.
It is however being caused by a few people, what I can only think of as trying to mirror the site for some reason, they are;
- Lisbon, Portugal - 5144 pages - 15720 database requests
- Osaka, Japan - 1078 pages - 17590 database requests
- Liberia - Costa Rica - 963 pages - 13660 database requests
- Urayasu, Japan - DION (KDDI CORPORATION) - 876 pages - 14114 database requests
- London, England - 375 pages - 10193 database requests
- Chongqing, China - 537 pages - 9002 database requests
So, if you live in those places and you've tried to mirror the site or whatever it is you're doing, you've done more traffic and database access than 1,000 people and you caused it to be taken offline the other day, and might still cause it yet again,
Thanks for nothing,
- *edit* I've taken the monster list of games and the timeline offline for the moment, purely because they link out to so many things.
3.11.2011 - Site Stuff
- For those of you who have been around for a while, it might amuse/interest you to know that I finally have responsibility for my domain name!
I just renewed it for 10 years, should be no more random vanishing of the site every October, but admit it, you'll miss the 404!
- On the other hand, maybe not.
I'm suffering pretty badly at the moment with what I can only assume are site leechers/vampires/whatever, something's hammering the sites database pretty badly with between 40 and 60 requests a second, and my host took me offline yesterday because of it.
I've even had a few people tell me they want to "back up" the site in case I may disappear, but that won't happen, well, unless you cause it by trying to back it up... /glare
So, I need to either;
A: Fix the site so it doesn't do it (hopeful)
B: Find those responsible and wreak a terrible vengeance (doubtful)
C: Pay for my own dedicated server (very doubtful, mucho expensive)
D: Consider trimming back certain portions of the site...
I want to do A (with the help of Arttu when he gets my email as I still know nothing about sql) but I'm worried I'll end up being forced into D...
Anyway, apart from the boring back end work on the site, I should get some sort of update up in the near future, I've started a new job so it's all been up in the air for the past few months but now things are starting to settle down :)
Visit the news archive for older news