Sign in to Windows Live ID | Help

Steam offers

rated by 0 users
This post has 56 Replies | 2 Followers

MJLOVER Posted: 12 Apr 2011 6:40

Years ago, when Half Life 2 launched, it launched with a terrible launcher, that required installation in order to play Half Life 2. That was in 2005. Steam had been around longer than that though, dating back to the beta in 2002.

What is it now? Years of polishing and fixing what many people hated, has redefined the distribution of games. I believe so, anyway. I like steam, no, I love Steam. Why do I love Steam? Because today they have an offer on everything "Mafia", 75% off. By everything, I mean every game and DLC.

Not many months ago you could get Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 at 75% off. Although it's not always 75% off, there's tons of good deals on Steam, not to mention the great selection of indie games.

This thread is created for the purpose of informing the members of the offers. Sure, you could log onto Steam and check it out for yourself, but that wouldn't be as fun, and who knows? Maybe you're not at home and don't have Steam, or you haven't heard of Steam altogether and... you're simply missing out.

So, I should just start by saying that everything Mafia is 75% off, and lots of games 10% off and not to mention the pre-orders that usually are 10% off as well.

Steam. Steam. Steam. There, not enough Steam for ya? STEAM!

Steam.

Signature is back!|The True Power

I heartily agree with you MJ,

I had been using my brothers steam for ages, but now that I can game on another machine, and in preparation for moving out, I am slowly picking up all the games I like the look of through the steam deals.

Hundreds of dollars worth of games all under $100, Makes me happy in the pants area ^^

Ah Steam...

Here's the link to the Steam store's special deal page: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

Another good deal to look out for is the next Humble Indie Bundle (http://www.humblebundle.com/)- a selection of indie games (and other extras like soundtracks) that can be downloaded for any price above $0.01

You read it! You can't un-read it!

Let's try this again shall we?  Rolleyes

Mortalitis_Infinitas:

Let's try this again shall we?  Rolleyes

Mort! My post wasn't even really about the argue thingy. Now I'll never know if my question was answered, and -- WAIT!

I just remembered you can delete posts whenever you want so... why do you never delete troll posts? Probably, because you want them an opportunity to feel like they can still make a valuable.

My question still stands. Can anyone tell me if Steam lets me play games without using hardrive space?

DavidSallyRivera:

My question still stands. Can anyone tell me if Steam lets me play games without using hardrive space?

Don't think so. You can stream games via the internet using Onlive, but I'm not sure how well it works (Onlive is relatively new).

On topic,

It's 40% off all Civilization V products today.

Oh and also I'll repost the new Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (out now)

http://www.humblebundle.com/

DavidSallyRivera:

No, you can't. The games take up space as any other game would.

Might as well mention, that on this last day of 2k sales, Civ5 and every DLC released are 40% off, whilst throughout the weekend you can get a Splinter Cell bundle pack, 60% of (from 69.95 USD or EUR down to 27.98 USD or EUR). Last but not least, there's also a bundle for indie games. Not many of them are intersting, though. It's called the Potato Sack, and the games that are good and look interesting, are The Ball and Super Meat Boy (the latter is just awesome!).

This week is EA Week. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Today (Monday)- Discounts on Dragon Age:

Dragon Age II - £22.49 (25% off)

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - £12.49 (50% off)

Dragon Age: Origins - £7.49 (50% off)

Dragon Age™: Origins Awakening - £9.99 (50% off)

Thought about buying the dragon age ultimate edition but 20 gb? Nah can't be bothered.

I can 'dance' if I want to,
I can slap Mary's behind.
'Cause if she won't 'dance',
well if she won't 'dance',
she'll go in that trunk of mine!

More EA Week discounts. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Today (Tuesday)- Discounts on Need For Speed:

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - £14.99 (50% off)

Need for Speed: Shift - £5.10 (66% off)

Need for Speed Undercover - £3.75 (75% off)

Also I noticed Plants Vs Zombies is on sale for £2.38 (66% off)

Even more EA Week discounts. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Today (Wednesday)- Discounts on The Sims and Simcity:

The Sims™ 3 - £17.99 (40% off)

The Sims™ 3 World Adventures - £9.99 (50% off)

The Sims™ 3: Ambitions - £9.99 (50% off)

The Sims™ 3 Late Night - £12.49 (50% off)

Got sim city 4, fairly sure I already got a boxed copy but dammit to that price I couldn't stop myself.

Moar EA Week discounts. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Today (Thursday)- Discounts on Mass Effect:

Mass Effect 2 - £9.99 (50% off)

Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - £14.99 (50% off)

Mass Effect - £2.50 (75% off)

I'm so tempted to buy Mass Effect. £2.50 is an absolute steal!

Hmm...

EA Week discounts. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Today (Friday)- Discounts on Crysis:

Crysis - £2.49 (75% off)

Crysis Warhead® - £4.24 (75% off)

(No Crysis 2 discount though)

Still, Crysis for £2.49? Sold.

That's worth it just to use as a gpu/cpu stress tester.

EA Week discounts. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

Today (Saturday)- Discounts on Dead Space:

Dead Space™ 2 - £17.99 (50% off)

Dead Space - £3.75 (75% off)

Shame Steam crashed on me yesterday and is no longer working or I might have bought Dead Space. Cry

Battlefield and Medal of Honor day for EA.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is 66% off and priced at 13,60 euros, with Vietnam at 6,49. SPECACT kit upgrade is something I don't really care about, but if you do, it's 2,49.

Medal of Honor (The new installment, with 100x much beard action) is at 14,99. Not worth it, just ignore it. Airborne is 2,50. That's 2,50 euros more than what it should be. Piece of shite games, if you ask me.

Real gem here is Battlefield 2. Now, it's obvious that it's not expensive, 5 euros for the game and expansions, but either way, if you don't have it, you should. Especially if you like online FPS, there is no competition. I bought it, will you?

Well, more Steam deals.

For anyone that didn't get Prince of Persia, now would be a good time. All individual titles are priced 66% down, and the complete pack is at 75% down. That puts most games under the price tag of 6 euros except for "The Forgotten Sands" which stands at 10,19 euros. Complete pack is at 16,25 euros, so that's pretty much the best deal.

And the rest of the week is Ubisoft week. All ubisoft games on Steam are 33% off unless it's that franchises "day" for sale.

I love Steam. Now it's compatible with mac's too!

I was close to buying Assassin's Creed 2 at 33% off (now 20 dollars), it being Ubisoft week, but alas I have a ton of games I have bought but not even played already. Stupid Steam, always having super awesome games on sale I never have time to play!

Of those, I have not yet played:

Half-Life
King Arthur
Machinarium
Mirror's Edge (I played it tons on Xbox, I love that game, I just bought it on Steam because it was like $2!)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
The Secret of Monkey Island
Sniper Elite
Warhammer 40k: DoW II

And then there's also a lot I've only played a little bit.

I get the same problem as you Lord_Terrible. I have all these games I got cheap just waiting to be downloaded, But I'm always out of bandwidth each month to warrant it.

Yea, 33% of all Ubisoft games is pretty awesome. I had to pick up the original Far Cry, as I haven't actually played it. (I also bought Samorost 2, As I loved it, but have never owned it)

I have played/finished all the games in my library. Although I have them uninstalled due to hard disk space problems. (Yeah, I have filled 5 TB's worth of HDD's)

Team fortress 2 is now free. Smoker

Just about everything on Steam is on sale right now (The Summer Camp Sale)- or will be over the next 10/11 days (until 10th July).

I just bought Bit.Trip Beat and Bit. Trip Runner for £3.50 (£1.75 each) and there's a load of other insane deals (so many in fact- I can't be bothered to list them).

Check it out - http://store.steampowered.com/

Fable 3 & all DLC 50% off for today.

i.e.

• Fable 3 - £14.99
  • Traitor's Keep DLC - £2.37
  • Understone DLC - £1.62

If you're thinking of getting it for the PC, now might be a good time. Up

This Steam Summer Sale brought me a lot of independent and smaller games for about 5 € each. That was really great, especally because I needed some small, creative games for my new Acer Iconia Windows 7 tablet PC. Touch screen ftw!

• Braid
  • Eeks
  • Flight Control HD
  • Flock!
  • Light of Altair
  • Magicka
  • Monkey Island 1+2 SE
  • Plants Vs. Zombies
  • Toki Tori
  • Trine
  • World of Goo
  • Worms Reloaded

Today I also finally bought Just Cause 2 which I always refused to buy because of Steam, but for 5 € I can overlook the account binding. A shame I missed Darksiders sale if it was also at 5 € during the sale.

Anyway, I highly doubt that these sales are beneficial for the developers. I will stay with my practice and only buy games on Steam when they fall under 5-10 € which does not seem to be the break-even point to make titles successful if you ask me.

Someday, somewhere, today's empires are tomorrow's ashes.

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

© 2011 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use / Privacy Statement