Go to the Edge Web Store - Books, DVDs
Edge Store

The Edge • View topic - Having problems listening to The Edge or using the website?

Having problems listening to The Edge or using the website?

We have had to update the Forum Script, as a result you will all have to re upload your avatars. Sorry about this but forum security was paramount

Moderators: SuzieQ, Andy

Having problems listening to The Edge or using the website?

Postby Andy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:30 am

Having problems listening to The Edge Radio Broadcast or using the website? Please mention them here and we'll do our best to answer them for you. Below are some basic answers to the requests we recieve. Or email directly, andy@theedgeam.com

Q - How do I listen to the live show on Saturday and the Thursday Show?

A - All you have to do is open the Edge's home page and the show will play automatically in your browser. If you only have a 56k connection then in might be advisable to use our Low Bandwidth Page http://www.theedgeam.com/low

Q - The Player just says "Ready" and I know it should be playing.

A - Sometimes firewalls, malware or virus protection blocks the incoming stream. Check settings on your firewall.

Q - I use the AOL browser and when I try to listen to a show the sound seems to stutter.

A - The AOL browser sometimes does this. The fact that AOL relies on the Internet Explorer browser means you can access the home page in Explorer. Just look for Internet Explorer's icon either on your task bar, start menu or desktop.

Q - I use the Firefox browser and have never been able to hear a live or archived show unless I download it.

A - You will need to update your Firefox browser with the latest Active X plugin. It will work then.

Q - How do I save a show to my PC's hard drive?

A - Hover your mouse pointer over the "Play" graphic on the home page or Guest bio page. Click the "Right" mouse button. When you have done this a menu will appear. On this menu will see the option to "Save Target As", click this and choose your PC's directory you want to save the audio file to. The show will then download.

Q - I want to use Wimamp to listen to downloaded shows, but it either opens Windows Media Player or Real Player.

A - The following are instructions to enable you change the default media player for MP3 files and it does not only pertain to Winmap. The shows are recorded as MP3 so you will need to tell these files to open Winamp the moment you click them. Find any MP3 file on your PC, then "Right Click" it with your mouse. A menu will appear. Choose the option "Properties". Click "Properties" to open the pop up window. In this window you will see the "Type File MP3" underneath this it will tell you the default program your PC uses to open these files. Next to this is the "Change" button. Click this to bring up the "Open With" window, then choose the media program you want to use. It is worth noting that if you use software to erase unwanted files such as temporary files, cookies, etc. you may have to repeat the last exercise.
Last edited by Andy on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edge Forum Moderator. Please email or PM me to report abusive content and spam posts. The fact I am Forum Moderator should not hinder your right of opinion if you feel I am incorrect.
Andy
I'm obsessed with The Edge!

Postby bitbrush » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Just updated to the latest greatist IE and Real Player and I get an endless loop of do I want to save the playlist and the program never opens.
BitBrush
bitbrush
I'm a Internet pro at posting

Postby Andy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Are trying to listen to an archived show (the ones with listen graphic) or the show in the main media player?
Edge Forum Moderator. Please email or PM me to report abusive content and spam posts. The fact I am Forum Moderator should not hinder your right of opinion if you feel I am incorrect.
Andy

Postby bitbrush » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:52 pm

Andy wrote:Are trying to listen to an archived show (the ones with listen graphic) or the show in the main media player?
I was trying to listen to he "live" or possibly the first "loop" via the Real Player.
I listened to the archive today which used my Quicktime player.
BitBrush
bitbrush
I'm a Internet pro at posting

Postby Andy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Andy

Return to (UPDATED 29th June 2009) To all forum members: New Edge Forum