The Tekken MOVIE Thread! (the one and only!!)

Page Splits 1...<78910>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Pandasensei
1st Dan
#201 “Quote” Edit Post
This can't do very well. The Tekken story is hard enough to follow as is. I don't know what the movie is going to be able to do to tell the story better. At least we can look forward to some sweet fighting scenes?
Hanman
Master
#202 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm 95% guaranteed this film will be absolute garbage. In my opinion if they made a Tekken movie, it should have been entirely CGI like the Final Fantasy movies. I'm not gonna watch this film when it comes out unless it miraculously gets a favorable reception.
xRushz
Champion
#203 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hanman
I'm 95% guaranteed this film will be absolute garbage. In my opinion if they made a Tekken movie, it should have been entirely CGI like the Final Fantasy movies. I'm not gonna watch this film when it comes out unless it miraculously gets a favorable reception.

totally agree!
should make like fantasy crisis core or something..
Signature "what that didnt kill me, makes me stronger." *Laughs*
FlashFumo
Kyu
#204 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, I'll probably end up going to see it anyway, be it good, bad or horrible. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, then I might at least have a good laugh.
Signature I said it, therefore it must be true.
Dueck
6th Dan
#205 “Quote” Edit Post
When I heard about this movie, it scared me. I want it to be good, but it will take a miracle. If GI Joe can get screwed up, with all its characters and everything having been laid out already, anything can go horribly wrong.
C-CHAO
Banned By Mod
#206 “Quote” Edit Post
Did tekken movie really cost 135 million?

Or just a typo on wikipedia
Dr. Justice
1st Dan
#207 “Quote” Edit Post
Ugh, I'm dreading this movie.
XCore21
6th Dan
PSN: XCore21
XBL: XCore21
SAB
Iron Fist God
#209 “Quote” Edit Post
went to the movie premiere in l.a. i watched tekken the movie with all the actors and production crew. daamn. anyone have any questions? (:
Signature 8ㅖ

I cannot express my comtempt for that decision adequately with any combination of expletives.
insomnotek
#210 “Quote” Edit Post
WHO IS TEKKEN?
SAB
Iron Fist God
#211 “Quote” Edit Post

production company guy said movie trailer should be up on youtube friday or saturday. (:
Signature 8ㅖ

I cannot express my comtempt for that decision adequately with any combination of expletives.
sexyflanders
BYAAAAHHHH
#212 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SAB
went to the movie premiere in l.a. i watched tekken the movie with all the actors and production crew. daamn. anyone have any questions? (:

Any good?
At least tell me the fight scenes weren't homo.
Signature In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
SAB
Iron Fist God
#213 “Quote” Edit Post
give me a day or so and i'll give my personal experience from the premiere. (:

sucks i didn't have a camera. i was sitting right behind shang tsung. SHANG TSUNG! (heihachi in the movie)

(:
Signature 8ㅖ

sexyflanders
BYAAAAHHHH
#214 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SAB

sucks i didn't have a camera. i was sitting right behind shang tsung. SHANG TSUNG! (heihachi in the movie)

(:

And you still have a soul?
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
XCore21
6th Dan
PSN: XCore21
XBL: XCore21
#215 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SAB

(:

Holy crap. You watched the Tekken movie.
Signature TEKKEN IN LUTON. IS DEAD.
T3R_Kazuya
1st Dan
PSN: T3R_Kazuya
#216 “Quote” Edit Post
Ahh Tekken movie sounds awesome.
Signature SRK.com
SSF2THD - Dictator, Boxer, Gief (PSN ID T3R_Dictator)
Tekken 6 - Kazuya, Heihachi, Bruce, Armor King (PSN ID T3R_Kazuya)
SRK.com -No Honor Crew-
SAB
Iron Fist God
#217 “Quote” Edit Post
the production company has been pretty tight as far as leaks go.

i've never recorded inside a theater before undercover or ever, so i wasn't able to get anything.

i personally loved the movie because not only was i watching a movie based on a game that i have been playing and actively competing in for days, but i was watching it for the first time along with the actors, production staff, etc first time also... truely a surreal and nerd-gasm fantasy come true.

Last edited by SAB on Nov 7th, 2009 at 07:34

Signature 8ㅖ

av kazama
Fear the wrath..
PSN: av2k
XBL: av2k
#218 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SAB
the production company has been pretty tight as far as leaks go.

i've never recorded inside a theater before undercover or ever, so i wasn't able to get anything.

i personally loved the movie because not only was i watching a movie based on a game that i have been playing and actively competing in for days, but i was watching it for the first time along with the actors, production staff, etc first time also... truely a surreal and nerd-gasm fantasy come true.

Did you like the movie because of the circumstances or did you like the movie because it was actually good?

Sorry, a bit confused.
Signature Iron Fist Crew: Crow/Kor/av kazama
NoodleHead
will touch u gently
PSN: TastyPPJuice
#219 “Quote” Edit Post
I say it's probably got something to do w/ William sisters making out.

and SAB, were u.... um.... fully conscious before walking into the theater?
0kills
Iron Fist God
#220 “Quote” Edit Post
seems like this will be the first time in AGES where a videogame movie's actually good... since pokemon.. sort-off
sexyflanders
BYAAAAHHHH
#221 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by NoodleHead
and SAB, were u.... um.... fully conscious before walking into the theater?

C'mon.
That make you extra conscious.

I bet it was good.............................weed
Autocrat2.0
Raijin
#222 “Quote” Edit Post
Shang Tsung wins.

SABABALITY!!!

Anything that makes the experience better - sitting near the actors, drugs, letting out a delicious fart in private and inhaling it, etc. - is grounds for plausible deniability.
SAB
Iron Fist God
#223 “Quote” Edit Post
the funny thing about the

i totally brought my supply into the theater, had it ready in the theater in my damn lap, about to sneak off into the bathroom to smoke, but then the movie started like instantly. then i tried to smoke after the movie was over in the bathroom and all the cast and stuff were in the lobby, so i was just like, fuck it, i'll smoke when i get back to the car. i seriously was in awe during the whole movie.

the experience was a lifetime experience, completely awesome. the movie itself i say is good. not transformers fantastic with multibillion dollar special effects, not corny like street fighters, but like mortal kombat one good. me being a fan of the tekken franchise of course gives me a bias toward this movie, so, i want to leave it up to you to decide after you see it. i am completely satisfied with this movie and recommend any tekken fan to enjoy it. it's fun, action packed, and definately not a boring movie.

lol, no the williams sisters did not make out. anna was like, not good. nina was hella titties (and did i mention standing 2 persons behind be in line and hanging out in the lobby while i stalked her with my eyes. christie too. damn, christie. not only was she awesome, but movie was done, 6 people left in the theater, christie, nina, and I were 3 of them. sex)

so, hopefully that clarified how good the movie is. yes, i definately had the baddest ass experience seeing it for the first time in the world along with the cast and crew at the world premiere, and the movie overall is badass. i have so much i want to say about details like spoilers and such, but i'll definately leave that for you guys to experience for yourselves. (;

monday is another showing. tempted to go see it again, and believe me, this time, i'm definately not going to be quiet or sober. (:

cheers.

Last edited by SAB on Nov 8th, 2009 at 11:00

Signature 8ㅖ

SAB
Iron Fist God
#224 “Quote” Edit Post
not to give away anything, i'll just mention what i found really bad ass:

- heihachi. good casting.

- kazuya. probably the badest ass throughout the whole movie.

- jin. decent. follows his story throughout the movie. very good action sequences. not as bad ass as kazuya, but it's jin. c'mon.

- nina. tits. (:

- christie. fuckin sexy chick. totally didn't expect her to be so kick ass. cool in person too. (:

- bryan. damn. fucking cyborg. bad ass.

- steve. cool. but no fighting. sucks. no worries. he was like jason statham cool. (:

- yoshimitsu. glad they had him in there. (:

there's more characters i'm not mentioning (law, paul, eddy, raven, sergei, jun, miguel, anna, jacks?), but just wanted to definately mention those characters.

Last edited by SAB on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:58

Signature 8ㅖ

sexyflanders
BYAAAAHHHH
#225 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, that is mostly good news. Compering to mortal kombat kinda made me wonder, but if you recommend it, I'll check it out.
Mabye not in theaters though.