Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Battlefield 1943 only 600 MS Points! (NYE) | Amazon's 2009 bestsellers almost all Wii | Two Worlds II gets MoveShots(TM) | Rock Band bags McCartney, Blink-182 | Lost Planet 2 screens | China blames online games for drugs, murder and teen pregnancy | Gears of War added to Games On Demand | Borderlands Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot out now | Dragon Age DLC coming Jan 5 | UK: Games outsell movies | C&C; eyes "new medium" | Mass Effect 2 save game details | EA targets male fitness on Wii | Sony goes multi-core for PS4? | Star Wars: The Old Republic video | Here's a new Xbox 360 kid | ModNation Racers update | 25% off Telltale games | FIFA 10 World Cup due April? | GTA 5 info at E3? | Reggie: It'll be tough to hit last year's figures | Ocarina of Time Reorchestrated released (free) | 3D Realms: Strong resurgence coming for Duke | Merry Christmas and Happy New Year | PSN gets first premium avatars
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Two Worlds II gets MoveShots(TM)
View previous topic - View next topic  
lordirongut
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Who in their right mind wants a sequel to THE WORST GAME EVER MADE!?!? Seriously, the best part of the game was binning it.
filth87
Kudos: 11

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 9:53 pm Reply with quote

if you hate it that much why bother reading the article and posting that?

and Kane and Lynch is the worst game of all time and that gets a sequel.
dorian2011
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 30 Dec 09 10:55 pm Reply with quote

resistance 1 was terrible but that still got sequels, this one might actually be good
marredcriminal
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 12:37 am Reply with quote

Having found all 3 decent is making me feel a little uncomfortable on this thread Shocked If it really was that bad, then plus side has to be that it can only get better Laughing
DAEDALUS79
Kudos: 41

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 12:49 am Reply with quote

Um....are these movieshots supposed to um...you know...move? Cus these dont as far as I can tell.
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 11:21 am Reply with quote

The ones on CVG are just regular shots, you need to follow the link for the short clips.

I only ever tried the demo for the original Two Worlds and was appalled at the horrendous frame rate. It was almost unplayable. In fact, it was unplayable. I deleted it after about 30 seconds and wrote it off. Then the reviews filled in the blanks for me.

The screens look good, they just need to make the game actually live up to them.
rivariad

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 1:12 pm Reply with quote

the worst game ever is diablo and even that got a sequal
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 2:04 pm Reply with quote

rivariad wrote:
the worst game ever is diablo and even that got a sequal

What? Are you mental? Diablo and especially D2 are some of the most highly rated and respected games of the last 15 years. It's pretty much responsible for creating the top-down point-and-click action-RPG genre!

The worst game ever, without a single doubt in my mind, is ET on the Atari 2600. Anyone who suggests it has a single redeemable feature needs their face pushed into a furnace.
White Thrall
Kudos: 40

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 4:00 pm Reply with quote

I don't think anyone's going to accuse them of doctoring screenshots from the look of those.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Well, the screenshots look very nice, IMO, and the 3 second movement clips look fine too. My two main concerns are:

1) The prequel was deemed to be dire judging by the overall reception of the game. That being the case it remains uncertain whether the developer will manage to improve its efforts on this sequel.

2) On the game's website there is a longer cinematic video. It may be true in-game graphics being demonstrated as opposed to CGI rendering however, my concern with that video is that the combat movement appears sluggish, as if in a dream (see the end combat scene).

I didn't play "Two Worlds I" yet I'm curios enough about "Two Worlds II" to wait for the reviews to come in.

P.S. Happy New Year everyone! Very Happy
zelamy
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 5:20 pm Reply with quote

i've looked at all the pictures on the site, the game's site not this one, on three different browsers and none of them moved.
are they like those magic eye pictures or something because i couldn't see anything in those either?
has anybody actually seen them move?
bristolranger
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Two Worlds was dire, the voice acting ruined what could have been a decentrpg.
Dave_25

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 7:49 pm Reply with quote

@zelamy

You have to click on thr right arrow to go to video screens, the default page is just screen shots.
zelamy
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Dave_25 wrote:
@zelamy

You have to click on thr right arrow to go to video screens, the default page is just screen shots.

so they are in fact just short videos and this "moveshots" business is just more marketing?
still if ever there's a game that needs some serious marketing if it's gonna sell it's this one.
White Thrall
Kudos: 40

PostPosted: 31 Dec 09 11:40 pm Reply with quote

zelamy wrote:
Dave_25 wrote:
@zelamy

so they are in fact just short videos and this "moveshots" business is just more marketing?
still if ever there's a game that needs some serious marketing if it's gonna sell it's this one.

Of course they're videos, but it's still a decent idea. Screenshots often don't show what the game is like in motion, and trailers are usually scripted action.

Two Worlds was quite entertaining, for all the wrong reasons.
ukdruid
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 2 Jan 10 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Two worlds was definately a bad game on so many points, but the worst game of all time? please.

The game with 50 cent in it is by far the worst game, and that got a sequel, anything with that guy it would be the worst of anything be it games, movies or music.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: