Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman Arkham Asylum 2 announced, movie here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=229425
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Transformers: War For Cybertron details | Green Day Rock Band unveiled | Star Wars: Battlefront 3 back on? | Beatles Rock Band Rubber Soul details | Crackdown 2 movie | New True Crime game coming | UFC Undisputed 2010 video released | Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands trailer debut | Modern Medal of Honor trailer looks like MW2 | Halo Reach video looks fantastic | Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 detailed | Batman Arkham Asylum 2 announced - video | Greenberg: Polyphony's done "years of mini games" | Reggie: It's all about the software | MAG out January 29 | Seriously cool: Audi's Home space | Dante demo leads US PSN Update | Socom: Confrontation patch released | LBP expansion out "just before Xmas" | Brand new Final Fantasy XIII trailer | Super Street Fighter IV's new stages revealed | Metacritic: PS3 best for quality in 2009 | Perfect Dark XBLA/N64 comparison shots | Borderlands DLC detailed | Dante's Inferno demo screenshots
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
US: Xbox 360 outsells PS3 in November
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:58 am Reply with quote

Pretty impressive numbers. The PS3, in particular, has more than doubled year-on-year sales. It still couldn't catch up to the 360 though.

I'm now looking forward to seeing if the 360 did indeed beat the PS3 3:1 in the UK. I very much doubt it, especially if it is that close in the US.

Last edited by Mark240473 on 11 Dec 09 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:58 am Reply with quote

Great great numbers for all 3 platforms.

Cant believe how much this generation has changed since the previous one though Shocked .
backcue
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:03 pm Reply with quote

PS2 was a legend of a console!
Who the hell is still buying them though?!
DVD players...?
StokedUp
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:04 pm Reply with quote

But what really matters is the worldwide figures surley? not just one continent, in which the the ps3 sold more, doesnt make sence that cvg would just show one continents figures strange that.
heres the chart for you all

Click Here
Mark240473

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:09 pm Reply with quote

StokedUp wrote:
But what really matters is the worldwide figures surley? not just one continent, in which the the ps3 sold more, doesnt make sence that cvg would just show one continents figures strange that.

Click Here

I prefer pie charts. Without the chart bit. Just the pie. Meat and tatty.
ParmaViolet
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:11 pm Reply with quote

StokedUp wrote:

Click Here

Yes, you're probably right....but don't call me Shirley.

Wink
raredevice
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:15 pm Reply with quote

I just bought a PS3 so we're a 2 console family for the first time. I have to say I'm impressed. In many ways it makes the 360 look a little childish, the NXE vs XMB for starters. In other ways it seems they've dropped the ball. Why won't it recognise my iPod, or 8g memory stick and what's with the 10 year old controller with analogue sticks in the wrong place? Then, gamewise, Killzone 2 is undoubtably the most stunning looking game I've ever played and it scales heights the 360 will never achieve. Uncharted 2 looks utterly fantastic; gameplay seems a little linear at the moment but then I'm used to playing sandbox games these days. But with all that, let's not talk about 3rd party titles, it's embarrassing. And those analogue sticks? Well they're in the wrong place, but beautifully subtle when compared to the 360. I'm very happy with my purchase overall; I shall always buy 3rd party titles on 360 and only take the cream of the PS3, enjoying it's Blu Ray, iPlayer and competent web browser skills in the meantime. I really didn't think they'd be so different!
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:15 pm Reply with quote

StokedUp wrote:

Click Here

Lets be honest its smack in your face obvious why cvg have done that! Wink
their a bunch of w*nk*rs
Mark240473

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:19 pm Reply with quote

bunneyo wrote:
StokedUp wrote:

Click Here

their a bunch of w*nk*rs

Or it could be because the other figures haven't yet been announced....
bunneyo

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:23 pm Reply with quote

[quote="Mark240473"]
bunneyo wrote:
StokedUp wrote:

Click Here

their a bunch of w*nk*rs

well the numbers are on vcgartz so ye they been announced! or do you see CVG as the gospel?
Or it could be because the other figures haven't yet been announced....

Last edited by bunneyo on 11 Dec 09 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:25 pm Reply with quote

I'm more interested in worldwide sales.

I'm sure PS3 is outselling Xbox 360.

I wish there was monthly NPD for worldwide not just USA.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:29 pm Reply with quote

ParmaViolet wrote:
StokedUp wrote:

Click Here

Yes, you're probably right....but don't call me Shirley. Wink

Surely you jest? Razz

Just to nitpick: The US is not a continent. It is hower the most populous country in North America (and third most populated country in the world).

That said, I agree that total global sales are the supreme authority on where a product falls on the sales podium. Analysing specific markets is useful in terms of developing that market and new or ongoing sales campaigns.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:32 pm Reply with quote

wildhook2 wrote:
I'm more interested in worldwide sales.

I'm sure PS3 is outselling Xbox 360.

I wish there was monthly NPD for worldwide not just USA.

That's nice however, you being "sure" is not a satisfactory replacement for empirical fact as these things go.
Wozzakl

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Sony should be very pleased to be so close behind the '360, particularly in the current financial climate where consumers are more likely to buy cheaper products.
shellster2
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:47 pm Reply with quote

really, who cares?

you don't see hotpoint saying they're going to outwash bosch by 3:1 this christmas do you?

still can't believe those ps2 figures though!
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:50 pm Reply with quote

shellster2 wrote:
really, who cares?

you don't see hotpoint saying they're going to outwash bosch by 3:1 this christmas do you?

Yeah, whom exactly keeps on buying them? People who want a DVD player that has access to an extensive and readily affordable gaming library? People in developing countries where the PS2 may still carry more clout than in more developed markets?
ewko117
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:51 pm Reply with quote

OOOoh flamebait....lovely, Can I come an play Laughing Laughing
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:56 pm Reply with quote

ewko117 wrote:
OOOoh flamebait....lovely, Can I come an play Laughing Laughing

NO! Razz
WoW Realm=Stormrage Char=Loanwolf (human rogue)
roland82
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:03 pm Reply with quote

I find it strange than PS3 owners have such a 'victim complex'. Why do you think the whole world is against you.
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:09 pm Reply with quote

Wozzakl wrote:
Sony should be very pleased to be so close behind the '360, particularly in the current financial climate where consumers are more likely to buy cheaper products.

There is that but then the 360 should be outselling the Wii on that premise surely?
WoW Realm=Stormrage Char=Loanwolf (human rogue)
ricflair
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:12 pm Reply with quote

shellster2 wrote:
really, who cares?

That's because they know Zanussi's new, more accessible, one touch washing machine is going to blow them all out of the water. Even kids and young men can use it!

Although I go for miele personally. Hate these other cheap ass, noisy products. I want prestige!!
eltonbird

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:13 pm Reply with quote

StokedUp wrote:

Click Here

Er, but if you use the graphs on that site, and set it to just America, it reckons the PS3 is about double the 360. Completely different from the NPD data. Vgchartz is not reliable.
ensabahnur

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:23 pm Reply with quote

ricflair wrote:

Although I go for miele personally. Hate these other cheap ass, noisy products. I want prestige!!
Tramp!

Go enjoy your cheap ass white machine, not so cheap when you add all the "optional extras" like a door seal, water pipes and wireless plug.

LG do this all out of the box and the quality shines through. You go enjoy your piece of shite with its noisy spin cycle and flashing red lights of washing finished.

Where was i going with this again?
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:31 pm Reply with quote

ensabahnur wrote:
ricflair wrote:

Tramp!

Go enjoy your cheap ass white machine, not so cheap when you add all the "optional extras" like a door seal, water pipes and wireless plug.

LG do this all out of the box and the quality shines through. You go enjoy your piece of shite with its noisy spin cycle and flashing red lights of washing finished.

Where was i going with this again?

Well played both!
Wozzakl

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 1:40 pm Reply with quote

lonewolf2002 wrote:
Wozzakl wrote:

There is that but then the 360 should be outselling the Wii on that premise surely?

I'd forgotten that the Arcade was cheaper than the Wii! Embarassed
But I'm baffled by the Wii's popularity anyway; if the Arcade were more expensive than a Wii, the 360 would still be the better choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: