Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman Arkham Asylum 2 announced, movie here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=229425
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
F1 2009 iPhone screens | Transformers: War For Cybertron details | Green Day Rock Band unveiled | Star Wars: Battlefront 3 back on? | Beatles Rock Band Rubber Soul details | Crackdown 2 movie | New True Crime game coming | UFC Undisputed 2010 video released | Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands trailer debut | Modern Medal of Honor trailer looks like MW2 | Halo Reach video looks fantastic | Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 detailed | Batman Arkham Asylum 2 announced - video | Greenberg: Polyphony's done "years of mini games" | Reggie: It's all about the software | MAG out January 29 | Seriously cool: Audi's Home space | Dante demo leads US PSN Update | Socom: Confrontation patch released | LBP expansion out "just before Xmas" | Brand new Final Fantasy XIII trailer | Super Street Fighter IV's new stages revealed | Metacritic: PS3 best for quality in 2009 | Perfect Dark XBLA/N64 comparison shots | Borderlands DLC detailed
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Modern Warfare 2 shatters US sales records
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:18 am Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats to IW, I cant see these numbers being beaten for a long long time, well until the next Modern Warfare Laughing .
FiltyMonkey
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:22 am Reply with quote

There's really no point voting for next years Golden Joystick awards. All the truly deserving games will be overlooked (cough Uncharted2 cough) for this chav fest which will inevitably scoop all the awards and make the whole ceremony a complete chore to watch/read.
BYDO
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:25 am Reply with quote

^^ 3D ant attack was crazy awesome and dont get me started on pedro! Pedro was was a gem in a see of 'Imagine play the game' crapness!

Last edited by BYDO on 11 Dec 09 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Jensonjet

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:28 am Reply with quote

BESTED!!! bested.

What's wrong with saying 'beat'?

Anyway, just to clear up some idiot gamer's opinion – Modern Warfare is not just played by chav's, unless I misunderstand what chav actually means. MW is popular and played by all types of people. Even sad Uncharted 2, bitter Playstation kids.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:42 am Reply with quote

I am surprised to see that even the PS3 version of MW2 beat Mario in sales.

I wonder what 360 owners have been playing.... Confused
FiltyMonkey

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:43 am Reply with quote

Jensonjet wrote:
BESTED!!! bested.

What's wrong with saying 'beat'?

Anyway, just to clear up some idiot gamer's opinion – Modern Warfare is not just played by chav's, unless I misunderstand what chav actually means. MW is popular and played by all types of people. Even sad Uncharted 2, bitter Playstation kids.

Hehe, moron. Look up irony. It's between bronzy and silvery.
cheezze
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:43 am Reply with quote

Mw2 is great but its just a prettier version of the first one nothing new and come on a four hour campaign wtf thats not even enough time to even get drunk and mutiplayer get boring after a while . Ok so uncharted 2 isn't perfect but it should get more credit that its getting.

Sorry for the rant having a bad morning
FiltyMonkey

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:51 am Reply with quote

cheezze wrote:
Mw2 is great but its just a prettier version of the first one nothing new and come on a four hour campaign wtf thats not even enough time to even get drunk and mutiplayer get boring after a while . Ok so uncharted 2 isn't perfect but it should get more credit that its getting.

Sorry for the rant having a bad morning

Its ok, we all have them (bad mornings that is!). I just think it's had too much hype. I've played it on my XBOX (GeorgeJetson I'm looking looking at you calling me a fanboy (for which I really couldn't give a f**k)) and I just think Uncharted 2 gives you far more fun for your money. If you don't think I'm entitled to an opinion Jetson then that makes you no better than a Nazi.
BYDO

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:58 am Reply with quote

I have Uncharted 2 stashed away somewhere ready for crimbo and even though I think the first game is the best thing on PS3, i'm just not excited about Uncharted 2. I dont want to read any reviews in case of spoilers but can someone tell me if it blows the first one away? I think I loved the first one because I didn't know what to expect so it kept me hooked from start to finish so am I right in thinking this is just more of the same or does it still feel like a breath of fresh air? Confused
FiltyMonkey

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:01 am Reply with quote

BYDO wrote:
I have Uncharted 2 stashed away somewhere ready for crimbo and even though I think the first game is the best thing on PS3, i'm just not excited about Uncharted 2. I dont want to read any reviews in case of spoilers but can someone tell me if it blows the first one away? I think I loved the first one because I didn't know what to expect so it kept me hooked from start to finish so am I right in thinking this is just more of the same or does it still feel like a breath of fresh air? Confused

Lets just say if you thought the first one was good, prepare for a VERY MERRY XMAS.
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:01 am Reply with quote

ye i got a feeling this will scoop all the awards it doesn't deserve, well except biggest seller! and i know theres at least 4.5 million online
on the ps3 version becasue my mate is ranked that lol!
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:04 am Reply with quote

Goes to show if something gets hyped enough. Stil... it is a fun game, it just shouldn't be put on the pedestall that it has been raised on. I would rank it mid-table in best games of the year at most. The annoying thing for me is reading Activisions arrogance regarding the game. They really seem to think it's the bast game ever made... Which quite frankly, Deus-Ex absolutely obliterates it.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:05 am Reply with quote

BYDO wrote:

It will be like breathing in the crispest air, on top the tallest mountain. It'll be too much to take. Your lungs will explode in shock, sending blood and gibblets spraying across the glistening snow.

Yes, it's pretty decent.
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:21 am Reply with quote

kimoak wrote:
Goes to show if something gets hyped enough. Stil... it is a fun game, it just shouldn't be put on the pedestall that it has been raised on. I would rank it mid-table in best games of the year at most. The annoying thing for me is reading Activisions arrogance regarding the game. They really seem to think it's the bast game ever made... Which quite frankly, Deus-Ex absolutely obliterates it.

I haven't played "MW2" but it would not surprise me, based upon what I've seen and read of the game, if it doesn't even touch "Deus Ex" at the knees in regards to level and plot design. Sure, it will look prettier which is hardly surprising considering the tech advances in game graphics over the past 9 years. "Deus Ex" is my favourite game of all time to date (possibly tied with "BGII" which in turn is being breathed down the neck by "Dragon Age: Origins").
FiltyMonkey

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 11:38 am Reply with quote

The_KFD_Case wrote:
kimoak wrote:

I haven't played "MW2" but it would not surprise me, based upon what I've seen and read of the game, if it doesn't even touch "Deus Ex" at the knees in regards to level and plot design. Sure, it will look prettier which is hardly surprising considering the tech advances in game graphics over the past 9 years. "Deus Ex" is my favourite game of all time to date (possibly tied with "BGII" which in turn is being breathed down the neck by "Dragon Age: Origins").

Dragon Age - Another gem that will be sadly overlooked by Golden Joystick.
shellster2
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 12:53 pm Reply with quote

BYDO wrote:

i don't know about 'blowing' the first one away but it's definitely better, especially the character development and story. better graphics is a given. as a ps3 owner who was late to the party i played the first one and just as i finished it the 2nd one came out so i spent a few glorious weeks on those games. uncharted and gears are my favourite games this gen.

you won't be disappointed.
JuiKuen
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Even though I don't own a PS3, I can safely say Uncharted 2 is better than MW 2. Jensonjet is talking out of his ar$e
bunneyo

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 2:24 pm Reply with quote

ye but jasonjet sleeps with his xbox, his mother told me while i was in the queue at starbucks yesterday
Suivatam109PS3
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 2:49 pm Reply with quote

bunneyo wrote:
ye but jasonjet sleeps with his xbox, his mother told me while i was in the queue at starbucks yesterday

In the Queue for a go on his mother, or just a Queue to get an over-priced, ponced up, coffee?
BYDO

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for everyones views on Uncharted 2. I think another play through of Uncharted is called for to get me back in the mood! Wink
bunneyo

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Suivatam109PS3 wrote:
bunneyo wrote:

In the Queue for a go on his mother, or just a Queue to get an over-priced, ponced up, coffee?

nah just the coffee mate, I wouldn't touch his mother
ted1138
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 6:32 pm Reply with quote

So going by this chart, that month alone, the 360 had 4 million more game sales than the PS3? Confused
PSN:ted1138-ftw
lmimmfn
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Its a generic FPS, with a crap story and loads of unnecessary hollywood set pieces( the snowmobile section is terrible ). The SP is enjoyable enough, but the whole game is just overhyped nonsense. The absolute only thing that was innovative in the game was the snow pick part which i thought was really well done.

Dragon Age Origin while a different genre is a much much better game in terms of story, length, playibility and replay( against MW2's SP campaign ). Still playing DA after 60 hours, dropped MW2 after finishing SP in 4 and a half hours.

Also, Bad Company 2 will be a much better game online on the PC if the PS3 beta is anything to go by.
The Bossman
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Let's just get this straight, the game is fun to play, multiplayer is a revelation and Spec Ops is decent, but it's not the greatest game ever. Single player is boring, repetitive, OTT and incomprehensible, with a cliffhanger ending that is so obviously left open for a sequel or DLC. On a positive note, I see a lot of the hackers have been obliterated from the leaderboards, which is good, and there's unlockable emblems and titles when you prestige and get a set number of kills, etc.
Willforbes
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 11 Dec 09 10:37 pm Reply with quote

please just shut the f**k up about this game already. the vested corporate interest is so obvious now. its so depressing when a game company sells out like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: