Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedTwo lots of Assassin's Creed 2 DLC due early 2010: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=228635
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Serious Sam XBLA release delayed | Cities XL special offer | Lost Planet 2 screens | Super Monkey Ball 2 iPhone released | Windows 7 'screen of death' | Assassin's Creed II DLC revealed | Colin McRae: DiRT 2 demo live | Football Manager 2010 update | Dante's Inferno demo hits PS3 first | FIFA 10 sells 4.5 million | Red Dead Redemption trailer released (officially) | Sega announces Sonic Collection for DS | Empire: Total War campaign multi beta details | New Metro 2033 screens | Sony: Free game for ALL PSPgo owners | Left 4 Dead 2 sales "more than double" original | Andy Murray dumped over MW2 "obsession" | Final Fantasy XIII: What the box looks like | Sony "haven't confirmed" UK Heavy Rain date | EA's 'Gunhead', 'Dark Space' uncovered | Buy Crackdown for £15 on Xbox Live | Grove Armada hits PS Home | Limited edition PES PSP you can't have | Bungie hiring for new IP? | MGS: Peace Walker gets Japan release date
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands revealed
View previous topic - View next topic  
skabone
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Really? ... Who cares

Sands of time was ace, but every single thing from then on has been absolute rubbish.

really, who wants this?
Osiris25
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Well if ifs going to be based on sands of time, then most fans I guess? I didn't mind the last Prince of Persia it was the first time I really enjoyed a PoP since S.O.T and will be more than happy for another if its based on the Sands of time. However I'm unsure on how it will work and revisting the storyline seems odd, my only concern is that it does sound a little like a S.O.T/Film cash in.
Osiris25
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Well if ifs going to be based on sands of time, then most fans I guess? I didn't mind the last Prince of Persia it was the first time I really enjoyed a PoP since S.O.T and will be more than happy for another if its based on the Sands of time. However I'm unsure on how it will work and revisting the storyline seems odd, my only concern is that it does sound a little like a S.O.T/Film cash in.
verydopey
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:43 pm Reply with quote

i got really excited when i read this... then i saw sands of time... damnit. i want a sequel to the latest one...
verydopey
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:44 pm Reply with quote

i got really excited when i read this... then i saw sands of time... damnit. i want a sequel to the latest one...
steve w
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Thank fu×k ubi soft you have seen sense and are going back to the time line of the 1st 3 games looking forward to this and the movie please no nolan north doing his voice that voice belongs to nathan drake only.
steve w
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 6:53 pm Reply with quote

verydopey wrote:

Why do you want a sequel to the latest one it was rubbish just like assassins creed.
justy_uk
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 7:05 pm Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the latest one- call me a minority if you will, but the storyline was good and I found the graphical style refreshing, so I would def be in line for a continuation of the recent one!!
Marlonjb
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 7:12 pm Reply with quote

"Really? ... Who cares"
--------------------------

Me and every other real fan of the series.

I don't think this is a wise move though. The whole point of the new POP was that it moved away from the sands of time, now they're back?

Unless this is a film tie in and not a fully fledged sequal to the last POP game I think the sands should stay away.
skabone

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Fan of the series? I didn't think there would be anybody proclaiming they were a fan after the abysmal last few outings. since SOT its all been lame.

but Assassins creed 2 is great - the first really sucked but AC2 is GOTY for me at the mo - if they can re-invigorate POP like AC2 then I'm all for it

as long as there's no rubbish rock look or the hero's all bitter and moody etc etc...
skabone

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 8:09 pm Reply with quote

at least its not all bad news - at least Codemasters haven't bought the licence. CM - Operation flashpoint Dragon burning - the worst game in the world
skabone

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 8:10 pm Reply with quote

at least its not all bad news - at least Codemasters haven't bought the licence. CM - Operation flashpoint Dragon burning - the worst game in the world
skabone

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 8:10 pm Reply with quote

Marlonjb
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Assassins creed 2 was cool but I never had any real problem with the other POP games. A few small issues aside though.
eastldn
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 10:10 pm Reply with quote

the last one suckedddd
vulcanraven01
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 30 Nov 09 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the last one, so not too chuffed about returning to the previous plot.
Just seems like the whole thing was cooked up to rake in sales if the movie does well.
Sinthetic
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 1 Dec 09 1:33 am Reply with quote

how original. prince of persia with sand in the sub name.
Moribundman
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 1 Dec 09 2:17 am Reply with quote

"I only liked PoP when he was a 2D Aryan pin up in pyjamas with an annoying propensity to die on spikes. Or in a guillotine... Or get decked by a dude in a turban."

Razz

That said, loved SOT and to a certain extent the other last gen ones. I thought the last game was OKAAAY and am all in favour of some joyful messing if it aids the Ubi-cause of improving their engine/physics/gameplay for Assassins Creed III in spring 2011! Wink
Moribundman
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 1 Dec 09 2:23 am Reply with quote

vulcanraven01 wrote:
Really enjoyed the last one, so not too chuffed about returning to the previous plot.
Just seems like the whole thing was cooked up to rake in sales if the movie does well.

Do very much agree with this though.

HEY GUYS! Lets rebrand PoP. Then... "oh s**t, that didn't work..." lets do a sequel that continues on from the plot of the last gen series and essentially ignores everything that took place in the remake... To coincide with the movie that's fairly stongly linked to the rebranded version of the franchise we're choosing to ignore!

Genius. Inane dollar signs all round.

Bruckheimer masturbating into a cash filled optimus prime helmet then sticking it onto his xbox avatar...
ledickolas
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 1 Dec 09 3:59 pm Reply with quote

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Listen Ubisoft, just stop raping the bloody franchise and can everyone just ignore the next one exists. It's due out in May and has been announced now. It's a rush job to rake some money from the film release.

The last PoP was an absolute atrocity against gaming.

Rant over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: