Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedBatman Arkham Asylum 2 announced, movie here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=229425
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 back on? | Beatles Rock Band Rubber Soul details | Crackdown 2 movie | New True Crime game coming | UFC Undisputed 2010 video released | Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands trailer debut | Modern Medal of Honor trailer looks like MW2 | Halo Reach video looks fantastic | Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 detailed | Batman Arkham Asylum 2 announced - video | Greenberg: Polyphony's done "years of mini games" | Reggie: It's all about the software | MAG out January 29 | Seriously cool: Audi's Home space | Dante demo leads US PSN Update | Socom: Confrontation patch released | LBP expansion out "just before Xmas" | Brand new Final Fantasy XIII trailer | Super Street Fighter IV's new stages revealed | Metacritic: PS3 best for quality in 2009 | Perfect Dark XBLA/N64 comparison shots | Borderlands DLC detailed | Dante's Inferno demo screenshots | God of War 3 is "complete" | US: Xbox 360 outsells PS3 in November
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
PS3 FFXIII superior thanks to Blu-ray
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
ginsin
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:34 am Reply with quote

*looks at glass of water rippling*

I feel a rumble...
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:36 am Reply with quote

Yeah we know that already.

But how many discs Xbox 360 version will have? I'd say 5.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:39 am Reply with quote

I don't think it is nit-picking when choosing the PS3 version, CVG.

The fact that you won't have to swap discs during gameplay is a fair positive.

Also, the cutscenes are apparently in 1080p on the PS3, whereas I'd be surprised if the 360 ones were any better than 720p. Minor? Sure, but it is still another positive for PS3.

Same with the superior audio, that will obviously be more apparent if using a decent surround sound set-up.

It's a no-brainer, though I am sure somebody will prove me wrong.
feedel
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:40 am Reply with quote

well, someone correct me if i'm wrong,

but..

normaly bluray layer is 45 gb i think

a dvd layer is 9 gb

so 5 dvd's, however with compression they can probably lose a whole DVD, if they did it like the gods they are. So my guess is 4. Takes you back to the old school days Smile (not flaming, just simply stating a nostalgic feeling amongst the FF games)
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:41 am Reply with quote

ginsin wrote:
*looks at glass of water rippling*

I feel a rumble...

Laughing

INCOMING!
yerbluesjohn
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

I'm sure anyone who has the choice will go with the PS3 version. Why wouldn't they?
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:42 am Reply with quote

feedel wrote:

but..

a dvd layer is 9 gb

so 5 dvd's, however with compression they can probably lose a whole DVD, if they did it like the gods they are. So my guess is 4. Takes you back to the old school days Smile (not flaming, just simply stating a nostalgic feeling amongst the FF games)

Ahhh! Just like the fourth "Wing Commander" game on the PC. That was a beast back then! Very Happy
Mark240473

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:44 am Reply with quote

feedel wrote:

but..

a dvd layer is 9 gb

The game is only 25gb, so my guess is 3 discs. Not a disaster, by any stretch. Still, if you owned both machines, you'd have to be pretty dumb to buy the 360 version.
starsail
Kudos: 21

Nice to see a game originally developed on PS3 showing signs of strain on Xbox 360. If only more talented developers exploited the capabilities of the PS3 hardware, such as disc space, then the world would be a much nicer little place.
The_KFD_Case

yerbluesjohn wrote:
I'm sure anyone who has the choice will go with the PS3 version. Why wouldn't they?

One possible reason for some might be the choice between using the Xbox 360 controller vs. the PS3 controller.

Personally I plan on buying this for my Xbox 360 as I'm disinclined to purchase another console when so many games are cross platform.

Last edited by The_KFD_Case on 9 Dec 09 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:46 am Reply with quote

haha I think I got a missile lock!
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:55 am Reply with quote

yerbluesjohn wrote:

I'll have a PS3 when this drops, which I want for its exclusives and not multi-plats (unless they are proven to perform better). The advantages for this particular game don't strike me as that important personally, so I'll still get the 360 version.
ginsin
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 11:57 am Reply with quote

I've only got a 360 at the moment (will get a PS3... at some point), so I'll be getting FFXIII for that. Looking forward to this game anyway. There hasn't been a JRPG which has attracted me since FFXII.
skidpro
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:07 pm Reply with quote

I got both machines, but will get the PS3 version of this and especially Versus exclusive...However, the 360 wont be chucking out 720p as it usually upsales and does 1080p, most PS3 games I got are native res of 720p. I dont mind but the power of PS3, why the hell isnt this sorted? I have to uncheck boxes to upscale to 1080p on PS3 in settings and then I pop in demon's Souls and it downscales to 480p! So I leave all display boxes checked so I get ps3 games in 720p as that is what it does whereas the 360 upscales or whatever to 1080p without mucking about with settings...also, GT5 Prologue is full 1080p without changing settings, so I hope the PS3 version does the same as it can be done!
Miss_Wacy
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:18 pm Reply with quote

oh but i thought blu ray wasent needed according too so many people?
Mark240473

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Black Mantis wrote:
yerbluesjohn wrote:

I'll have a PS3 when this drops, which I want for its exclusives and not multi-plats (unless they are proven to perform better). The advantages for this particular game don't strike me as that important personally, so I'll still get the 360 version.

Why wouldn't you take advantage of something that you have invested in? Why not choose the better option?

Answers on a stamp, please...
duncanskuse

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Because he has lots of friends on the 360 already, and wants to compare GS/message them in game?
ewko117
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:24 pm Reply with quote

OOh Hello flame bait thread, how are you today, Very Happy

predict 70 comments by 2pm Laughing Laughing
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:27 pm Reply with quote

skidpro wrote:
I got both machines, but will get the PS3 version of this and especially Versus exclusive...However, the 360 wont be chucking out 720p as it usually upsales and does 1080p, most PS3 games I got are native res of 720p. I dont mind but the power of PS3, why the hell isnt this sorted? I have to uncheck boxes to upscale to 1080p on PS3 in settings and then I pop in demon's Souls and it downscales to 480p! So I leave all display boxes checked so I get ps3 games in 720p as that is what it does whereas the 360 upscales or whatever to 1080p without mucking about with settings...also, GT5 Prologue is full 1080p without changing settings, so I hope the PS3 version does the same as it can be done!

just cause your brain sees '1080p' doesnt make it better quality. if its 720p, its 720p. upscaling is crap.

youre better off with the native rez's.
nee50n

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I have both machines:

My general rule of thumb, is what ever is going cheapest. (I often find when shopping around you can get slight variations in price for multiple format games). For example at the moment in my local Sainsbury's Pro Evolution 2010 is going for �35 on PS3 and �25 on Xbox.

We should be encouraging a price war between PS3 and Xbox rather emphasisng attentions on minor detail, which tbh I would never notice and honestly wouldn't care.

I mean really swapping a disc over once every X amount of hours is no big deal unless you have a particular obesity issue and struggle to get up from the Sofa. It wouldn't even cross my mind that this was somehow a positive factor to have less discs. I was the same when PCs offered the option of CD-Roms and DVD for certain games. This was never a buying decision for me.
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Mark240473 wrote:
Black Mantis wrote:
yerbluesjohn wrote:

Why wouldn't you take advantage of something that you have invested in? Why not choose the better option?

Answers on a stamp, please...

Technically, my tv is 32 inch and does 1080i. My "surround sound" system is 2:1, although it's one of the fancy LG ones that had "technical input" from some conducter (if that makes a difference!).
Pretty certain given my tv specs, I won't really notice a difference in the cut-scenes.

Not so technical, my gamerscore and 360 joypad preference. What I would consider important and something that would make me get the PS3 version, is if having it on PS3 would engage a link between XIII and Versus. But there is no info on that, so 360 it is.
Rob S London
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Sound quality is alway way better on PS3 - graphics will all depend on what platform it is being developed on...
Sinthetic
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:34 pm Reply with quote

after all that bayonetta dissing this is funny, glad the shoe is on the other foot this time.
sweatyBallacks?
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:35 pm Reply with quote

So the 360 version is severely gimped then.

This is a hammer blow to M$ after paying millions to secure the title.

They should have looked if it could run on their old tech first
wrightandrewjame

PostPosted: 9 Dec 09 12:38 pm Reply with quote

I'm getting the PS3 edition. Why? Because I only have a PS3. No brainer really.

At least the 360 get the "Nostalgia" edition where you get to change discs. I always used to aim to get a disc done in a certain time (or used to race with my friends). Bit harder to do that when it's just one disc. Now I've got to remember every bit of the story so I can compare with them. Maybe I'll choose random points to turn the game off, take the disc out, put the disc away, take it back out and put it back in again. Won't be the same though. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: