Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo"
View previous topic - View next topic  
Sinthetic
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:01 pm Reply with quote

never played it, but hear it was amazing. i have to admit i never bothered finishing wind waker either, i hate kid link. much prefer his adult version. speaking of which, the new game better not go the same route as those 2.
Nick33
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:04 pm Reply with quote

It was in the top 3 Zelda games ever for me. Maybe even the best. Sad that Nintendo haven't matched it since in atmosphere or story.
chunkyboymania

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Great game but a glimpse of the future? I don't see it. Surely games such as Galaxy and the Zeldas that followed have gone in the opposite direction and became more expansive.
kingmac
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:28 pm Reply with quote

I think what he may be getting onto is sandbox games. GTA is essentially one area where all the gameplay takes place...
will7476
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Hated the game after the first hour or so, loved it to bits by the end of it. Dark, weird and twisted.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Sinthetic wrote:
never played it, but hear it was amazing. i have to admit i never bothered finishing wind waker either, i hate kid link. much prefer his adult version. speaking of which, the new game better not go the same route as those 2.

Why the hell not. Wind Waker had the grisliest Gannon Death scene of any zelda. Link literally drives the master sword straight into his skull,

while as majora's mask was definately the darkest and most sinister entry in the series.

I think they're both hugely under rated. Ocarina got all the praise but in terms of graphical design windwaker is hands down the highlight of the series and one that will stand the test of time a lot better than any other iteration of the series.
Athrun888
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 2:57 pm Reply with quote

I'm hoping he doesn't just mean compact and short, one of the thing's I love about mm is the sheer amount of inventive sidequests and upgrades, there were far more secret nooks and crannys to find in mm then tp, combine that with some of the best dungeon design in the Zelda series and you've got a Winner.
dark_gamer
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 3:17 pm Reply with quote

chunkyboymania wrote:
Great game but a glimpse of the future? I don't see it. Surely games such as Galaxy and the Zeldas that followed have gone in the opposite direction and became more expansive.

Yup, developers and gamers these days just seem to be making as big open worlds as possible (Fallout 3, Borderlands, GTA IV etc.) and I see a lot of gamers whinging when a good game comes along that doesn't have that much freedom when players feel like it should (like Mirror's Edge for example), even though in the past gamers would of been happy with what they were given Rolling Eyes

But yeah, I think what he means is a sort of cross between closed and open worlds: small world with lots to do. In a way to stop you having to travel so much and still not get bored due to lack of options.
chunkyboymania

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 3:34 pm Reply with quote

I still can't work out exactly what he means. I'm assuming he means the creation of a vastly detailed world that can be explored multiple times. As opposed to linear adventures where once a part of the game is done there's no need to re-explore that area.

I think somethings lost in translation here.
ste hicky
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 4:39 pm Reply with quote

i thought he actually meant the 3 day cycle where each person in the world lived out their lives independently.

the characters where far more alive than anything in ocarina(or most games since tbh).

you'd see people change over the course of the game: the belligerent town guards being reduced to quaking fools by the night of the 3rd day as the npc's tried to come to terms with termina's,and their own,impending demise.

i'd still say ocarina and alttp are better but this is up there.
G_R7
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 9:08 pm Reply with quote

I'm going to say something that a lot of poeple will think I am mad for saying so here goes...

Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time. And yes, I do mean it!
dm_1782
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:12 pm Reply with quote

Fierce Diety Link, that says it all. Anyone who hasnt played this collect all masks and you'll see what I mean.
Galactus5
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 5 Dec 09 7:05 am Reply with quote

The game had some highlights. The end of the Anju and Kafei side quest certainly was an strong emotional moment and almost brought a tear to the eye. But it was annoying that when you went back to day 1 everything in the world had been reset (except items you collected), meaning you had to fight some bosses more than once and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: