Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this week
View previous topic - View next topic  
Gambini
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:52 am Reply with quote

You really haver to admire ND, they produce a AAA+ quality title like U2 and continue to improve it by listening to the community (*Cough*IW*Cough*)

This is welcome news as I found the Multiplayer in U2 a bit frustrating due to everyone being "bullet sponges". Looking forward to a few games tonight now Smile
flash501
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Completely agree Gambini, it's the only real fault I have with the multiplayer.
Nick33
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Why must Infinity ward be mentioned whenever Uncharted 2 is brought up?. Uncharted 2 was decent in single player, but online is just p**s poor. Rubbish perks, bullet sponge characters. Not enough maps, and once you hit lievel 25 it starts taking forever to level up. Plus you don't get enough XP for each round.

Modern warfare 2 is great online, IW have listened which is why Modern warfare 2 has more content than any other FPS this year. You IW haters need to moan about something else as you're startin g to become very boring with your hate of great games. I own both games, I stopped playing Uncharted 2 a long time ago, I still play Modern warfare 2 most days. Because it's a better game. And I know best as I've been playing games before you were even born kiddo.
gogo65uk
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Probably because MW2 and IW get alot more credit than they deserse.
The_Johnson

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Uncharted 2 was decent in single player,

Understatement of the year.
Gambini

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Uncharted 2 was decent in single player

"Decent"? It was bloody Fantastic!

Quote:
but online is just p**s poor. Rubbish perks, bullet sponge characters. Not enough maps, and once you hit lievel 25 it starts taking forever to level up.

I agree with you about lack of perks/maps but there's no way you can call the Mp "p**s poor"! Then again, you did think the single player was only "decent" so I guess "p**s poor" is quite flattering coming from you Smile

Quote:
Modern warfare 2 is great online, IW have listened which is why Modern warfare 2 has more content than any other FPS this year.

Ha! I have invested an extrenely unhealthy amount of time in COD4 MP so I have every right to comment on MW2 - COD4 was polished and just plain brilliant. MW2 is riddled with glitches becuase, in my opinion, they skipped the public beta. Overpowered Dual Shotguns, the Javelin Glitch, the carepackage Glitch, bullets which warp around corners... I think IW are fantastic devs but until they patch these issues, MW2 is NOT the of the same caliber as COD4 was.

Quote:
And I know best as I've been playing games before you were even born kiddo.

What an idiotic thing to say. My first gaming rig was a comodore64, followed by an Amstrad CPC 464... what, you think you're in an "elite" group of "original" gamers? Not everyone on here is a 16 year old punk.

Back on topic, well done ND Smile
Sinthetic
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:50 pm Reply with quote

rem, saying uncharted 2 was decent single player is like saying muramasa on wii is an alright looking 2d game.
Cernunnos
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:54 pm Reply with quote

good. this will help a bit.

UC2 had a fantastic single player, but after only playing 4 hours of the MP i got fed up. it was teh siht. i traded it in, though i sort of want to try with the new health setting, a little tweak like that wont fix a fundementally broken multiplayer. you can improve on something thats bad, but it wont make it good.

@gambini: surely, CoD4 had more glitches at release than MW2 has. lets wait a year and see how many glitches remain.
Gambini

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:04 pm Reply with quote

@Cernunnos
You could be right about COD4 as I picked it up about 3 months after it was released, so maybe the big issues had already been patched. MW2 on the otherhand was a day 1 purchase for me (got to love Sainsburys Wink) IW have said a "big patch" is due soon so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
bunneyo
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 3:13 pm Reply with quote

U2 is one of the best single player campaigns ever made, so i don't get where you're coming from, perhaps you're just a COD m*ng whos been showered in everything modern warfare for the last 6 months and see everything as inferior!

While the MW2 multiplayer is better than U2's thats where the similiraties on greatness end, personally i find U2's online alright and to be honest not that bad for their first effort because lets be honest every single game has to have multiplayer nowadays for some sad reason or it risks a slamming in its reviews!

So if you're a gaming god like you making yourself out to be, why are you so naive to the obvious and in the process sounding like the best part of a pratt? you sound about 17 to me!
Cernunnos
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 4:02 pm Reply with quote

bunneyo wrote:

While the MW2 multiplayer is better than U2's thats where the similiraties on greatness end, personally i find U2's online alright and to be honest not that bad for their first effort because lets be honest every single game has to have multiplayer nowadays for some sad reason or it risks a slamming in its reviews!

Uncharted would have garnered mostly the same review scores had the MP been left out. most of the reviews i read didnt even touch on the MP, and bypassed it completely. they should instead have made the campaign Co-op, which would make sense, as Nathan is hardly ever alone.

there are more than enough games without MP that get great review scores. like Dragon Age: Origins.

that its their first effort is irrelevant, you shouldnt take it into consideration at all. had they not even had a multiplayer they would have had more poeple and resources for making the SP better.

@Gambini: all games are riddled with glitches at release, and MW2 hasnt been that bad. Wink
they will eventually get to fixing the most glaring glitches, hopefully in not too long.
Dange1981

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Uncharted 2 single player is amazing and along with MGS3 its my fave game.

CO-OP kicks ass! and I can see why they didnt make the main game co-op like say Resi 5, its because Drake is the main player and the other players are around to show different sides of Drakes personality.

So it makes sense the main game is single player (even if he is usually with someone else) and have the co-op seperate as missions and more suited to multiplayer. Then its not getting in the way of the awesome story.

Now the vs's multiplayer i wasnt to keen on to start with as im that used to the COD games, i was just getting destroyed every game.

when i realised i had to change my tactics and use the maps for cover/climbings/jumping etc instead of shooting and loosing every time, i found it much more rewarding. I now find it a nice change from MW2 from time to time. Also the games seem a lot more balanced online now that less people are playing.

Also I love that Naughty Dog are supporting the game and doing these weekend experiments. last weekend they released a new map based on Drakes Fortune (for FREE too!!) it was double EP and all the players in multiplayer were doughnut Drake or doughnut bad guy, was very fun.

My PSN ID is Dange1981 if anyone wants a game.
spartanzodiac
Kudos: 5

PostPosted: 5 Dec 09 12:05 am Reply with quote

unchaRTED 2,game of the year,its amazing both online and off,also the campaign helps you acquire the skills you need online,it really shows the ps3 capabilities and puts cell to good use,the game is sublime
Tobal
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 5 Dec 09 9:17 am Reply with quote

im so glad i bought this and sold it to my girlfriend to give me for xmas -its going to be a christmas day to remember!
Multiplayerking

PostPosted: 5 Dec 09 5:48 pm Reply with quote

The less health the better! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: