Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
ginsin
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 10:02 am Reply with quote

Because they have a real problem with Xenomorphs over in Australia.
lonewolf2002
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 10:07 am Reply with quote

Christ what is happening in Oz, blimey if Crocodile Dundee had been made today that would be banned too I'm sure.
WoW Realm=Stormrage Char=Loanwolf (human rogue)
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 10:17 am Reply with quote

ginsin wrote:

That's just plain racist!
christienkane
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 10:23 am Reply with quote

Thats bullshit the first Two Aliens Vs Predator games did the exact same bloody thing when came to killing in the game Evil or Very Mad [/b]
stonecold77
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 10:37 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
ginsin wrote:

How?

I'm bloody glad I don't live in Oz.
connormoose
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 10:51 am Reply with quote

Could the AVP production staff ask for a better review and promotion? The Oz authorities are making the game sound great! lol
JuiKuen
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:02 am Reply with quote

STREWTH!!

Sounds like you can do various ways of quality killing in this game. The Aussie authorities are just a bunch of f***ing poofs

Last edited by JuiKuen on 4 Dec 09 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:10 am Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
ginsin wrote:

Just like austrailas immigration policies. Razz

Back on topic.

Australia really need to give games the abilitie to be rated 18 plus.. Then all of this mess i'll be cleared up.

It just shows a backward ass opinion that video games are childrens toys, and we all know now that they are not.
rigby2447
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:10 am Reply with quote

everyone in australia must be playing too much wii. not every game made can be family friendly and in current finincial times those aussies that want this game will have to buy of the internet and pay for shipping fee's. well done australia Rolling Eyes
starsail
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:24 am Reply with quote

CRIKEY

I saw this coming lol, the game features what can only be described as some of the most violent content ever (based on previews). I don't think there's more violent game incoming other than God of War 3.

I think a big impact on todyas games as opposed to games of yesteryear is their graphics and realism (compare AVP on the Jaguar to AVP 1 and 2 on the PC then compare the PC AVP 1 and 2 to this next gen cross gen AVP). The more realistic depictions of people the better the expression of their fear and emotions, while their heads are being ripped off.

Another big contributing factor is the interactive nature of games (as opposed to non-inactive media such as music and films), players can choose to perform these actions and get a ultra violent depiction. Does this raise concerns regarding the future of gaming?

Maybe but I wont be decapping anyone soon to emulate it and I can wait to pick up my copy, but still the direction games are heading may become very blurred and difficult. Expect to see big debates on the next generation's GTA.
ewko117
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:29 am Reply with quote

I went to Australia once..
I have great fun....
Then a leather clad, pale faced man tried to take me away in his bus..
He said fun was banned...
He said my kind of tom-foolery was not welcome there...
They sent me to a work camp...
That was not fun..
I am not allowed back..
It was a deeply troubling and embarrassing time in my life..
Actually come to think of it, I dont want to talk about it anymore Embarassed Embarassed
starsail

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:30 am Reply with quote

Sorry updated this ...

CRIKEY

I saw this coming lol, the game features what can only be described as some of the most violent content ever (based on previews). I don't think there's more violent game incoming other than God of War 3.

I think a big impact on today's games, as opposed to games of yesteryear are their graphics and realism (compare AVP on the Jaguar to AVP 1 and 2 on the PC then compare the PC AVP 1 and 2 to this next gen cross gen AVP). The more realistic depictions of virtual characters on better processors then the better expressions of fear and emotions can be captured, while in this case, their heads are being ripped off and chests being stabbed out.

Another big contributing factor is the interactive nature of games (as opposed to non-interactive media such as music and films), players can choose to perform these actions and depending on their choice, get an ultra violent depiction of their actions. Does this raise concerns regarding the future of gaming? hmmmmm

Maybe but I wont be decapitating anyone soon emulating it, and I can wait to pick up my copy, but still, the direction games are heading may become very blurred and difficult. Expect to see big debates on the next generation's GTA.
starsail

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 11:34 am Reply with quote

starsail wrote:
Sorry updated this ...

CRIKEY

I think a big impact on today's games, as opposed to games of yesteryear are their graphics and realism (compare AVP on the Jaguar to AVP 1 and 2 on the PC then compare the PC AVP 1 and 2 to this next gen cross gen AVP). The more realistic depictions of virtual characters on better processors then the better expressions of fear and emotions can be captured, while in this case, their heads are being ripped off and chests being stabbed out.

Another big contributing factor is the interactive nature of games (as opposed to non-interactive media such as music and films), players can choose to perform these actions and depending on their choice, get an ultra violent depiction of their actions. Does this raise concerns regarding the future of gaming? hmmmmm

Maybe but I wont be decapitating anyone soon emulating it, and I can wait to pick up my copy, but still, the direction games are heading may become very blurred and difficult. Expect to see big debates on the next generation's GTA.

And again (sorry, speed typing): I CAN'T wait to pick up my copy lol I love AVP and hate Daily Mail, just to make that clear Smile
spooney100
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:09 pm Reply with quote

So I'm assuming the A V P films were banned as well then was they? (Before everyone starts going mad, I know its a different rating system but you get my point, the last A V P film was very gory and violent).
altitude2k

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:16 pm Reply with quote

stonecold77 wrote:
altitude2k wrote:
ginsin wrote:

How?

I'm bloody glad I don't live in Oz.

It was a joke.
richm74
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:16 pm Reply with quote

I love it that this is coming from Oz, the country so bloody hazardous that butterflys have a good chance of tearing your throat out!

A country founded on hard bastard crims who were dumped there to fend for themselves, The land of Ned Kelly, Aborigines, Crocadile Dundee, the ANSACS, even their fluffy koalas can do you some damage!

But give them an adult video game with some blood and gore, and they scream 'EWWWWW' and run of into the sunset shaking their hands limply.

It's insane. Whilst their banning things, may I suggest Home & Away!
Gerishnakov
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 12:43 pm Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think it's high time the gaming industry laid on a boycott of Australia en masse. See how they like it with no games; then see if they're so strict with ratings!
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:12 pm Reply with quote

The Australian ratings policy has become a running joke. While Aussie-land may have lots of other things going for it, this clearly isn't one of them. I have family in Australia and they love it there but they do note it can be very racist compared to what they were used to in Europe (which itself is not without racism; note: there is a difference between wanting to preserve, protect and enrich your society by limiting the amount and qualifications of immigrants/asylum seekers and being racist although the two are often intermingled).
Ted Zeppelin
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does the way the Australian ratings board describe the game give anyone else a bit of a "special feeling" in their trouser area. I mean, good lord! That's the best preview of a game I've ever read! I want this game even more now.
romeolovesyou
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Play Shellshock 2/Rogue Warrior, and then tell me you still want AvP lol
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Speaking of "Rogue Warrior", what't the verdict? I've only heard of one third hand recounting from a poster's friend and it was anything but positive. I've started to see TV ads for the game yet the last time I checked (a day or two ago,) there were still no reviews of the game. It's an omnious sign and I fear the worst.
wildhook2

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Australia should be renamed to New Germany!
romeolovesyou
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 1:56 pm Reply with quote

It's simply the worst game since Shellshock 2. We never recieved an official review copy. But the whole budget clearly went on hiring Mickey Rourke, just a shame the writers didn't actually give his character a bit of depth, as the voice acting in general is Resident Evil style bad, and his constant need to swear as cringeworthy as Killzone 2.

What I've seen of AvP is pretty much the same, they just know how to make the game look good in trailers, lots of copying/pasting the coolest looking sections together. It's what comes inbetween them I'd be most worried about, and Rebellion don't seem to be able to lock down the basics of how a FPS should feel or control. + I dread to think how utterly bad the AI will be in the final product. Look forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines but be wary of this based on Rebellion's track record
YCshinobi
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 3:07 pm Reply with quote

connormoose wrote:
Could the AVP production staff ask for a better review and promotion? The Oz authorities are making the game sound great! lol

Same thing I was thinking, reading all that just makes want the game more Laughing glad I don't live is Australia right now.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Halo Reach
Wii
Metroid: Other M
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter 3
No More Heroes 2
Red Steel 2
dark_gamer

PostPosted: 4 Dec 09 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I think some of you are missing another vital point here. Not only is one of the problems the fact that there isn't an 18+ rating system over there, but the fact that you're able to do all that grotesque stuff to a human. Not that I've played the game but I'm sure there's a good chance you can do stuff just as bad to the Aliens and Predators, but that doesn't matter because they're not real.

Oh wait a second, the humans aren't real either because it's virtual reality? Oops Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: