Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Sony NOT banning for MW2 Javelin glitch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:29 pm Reply with quote

For once I have praise for Sony. This decision does right by the gamers, IMO.
jubbgi01
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:35 pm Reply with quote

In what crazy world is that fair on gamers? Real gamers don't cheat to get ahead!
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Good move Sony. It is not gamers' fault, it is IW's fault.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:38 pm Reply with quote

There's absolutely 0% chance of me getting banned from XBL for this.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:39 pm Reply with quote

this will remain a glitch until IW fix it.

are MS just going to continue banning all who use it?

that makes sense Rolling Eyes

solve the root of the problem. get on to the developers, not the gamers.

Last edited by svd_grasshopper on 3 Dec 09 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
allygray69
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:40 pm Reply with quote

IW have already announced a patch is nearly ready for the PS3 which will sort this. Panic over Click Here

Last edited by allygray69 on 3 Dec 09 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlimFlam
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

What? Sony does right by gamers?

Which ones? the ones doing the cheating, or the ones that suffer due to the cheaters?

Quote:

That right, because IW force you into cheating, it's by no means a conscious decision on the part of the player.

Is there something in the water this morning?
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:46 pm Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:
That right, because IW force you into cheating, it's by no means a conscious decision on the part of the player.

are you saying hundreds of players havent done this by mistake?

its IW's job to make sure battles are balanced and fair. this includes no glitches.
spud-o
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:52 pm Reply with quote

haha cant wait try this glitch out tonight
wildhook2

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:53 pm Reply with quote

spud-o wrote:
haha cant wait try this glitch out tonight

Bad news, I think it is now fixed, according to NeoGAF. (If you use PS3 version).
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 1:55 pm Reply with quote

FlimFlam wrote:
Quote:

What? Sony does right by gamers?

Which ones? the ones doing the cheating, or the ones that suffer due to the cheaters?

Quote:

Is there something in the water this morning?

Banning a paid for account on LIVE - be it for 2 weeks or permanently - is not a proportionate response to the use of an in-game glitch, IMO. Some gamers may be consciously choosing to exploit the glitch yet apparently it can also happen quite by accident. Should those who happen upon it by accident face the same punishment? How do you distinguish between those with intent and those whom were just fiddling around with their in-game equipment and settings? Furthermore, no money nor raw material is actually lost when someone exploits this glitch so banning them, which is a real-term paid-for resource, is not fitting and could possibly be grounds for a lawsuit despite what the ToU purports to state.

As has already been expressed in this thread and another thread, the problem originates from IW. Let the onus fall on them to fix it. Sooner rather than later.

Last edited by The_KFD_Case on 3 Dec 09 2:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
�a3HeadedMonkey�
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:00 pm Reply with quote

I've just been killed by this glitch. Played some team death match & it was rife with double shotguns & javelin glitchers. Evil or Very Mad
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:04 pm Reply with quote

�a3HeadedMonkey� wrote:
I've just been killed by this glitch. Played some team death match & it was rife with double shotguns & javelin glitchers. Evil or Very Mad

The more I read about this game the happier I am that I chose to vote with my wallet and not buy this over-hyped, too-short-for-the-price SP/sub-par MP title.
FlimFlam
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
are you saying hundreds of players havent done this by mistake?

its IW's job to make sure battles are balanced and fair. this includes no glitches.

I accept that any glitch is the fault of IW, but it has to be said that where there are glitches there are a bunch of talentless cretins ready to exploit it. It can be done by accident, but lets face it, what are the chances, really? the number of accidental detonations compared to those cheating must be tiny in comparison.

I would imagine if they can tell you are using it, they can tell how many times you are using it, so it should be fairly easy to ascertain who is cheating and who is just extremely unfortunate. In a fortunate way.
tommygouldbourn
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:09 pm Reply with quote

Thank you once again Sony i am more proud of these guys than any other gaming platform and this adds to the long line of reasons i will always stay with the playstation brand. Wink

Btw why do gaming companies take the control to far?
i dont like cheats but banning them for doing so is a step to far.
How about this a name and shame so it shows on their gamertag as cheat?
I am already anoyed that Mw2 was overpriced to start and the whole console style servers for pc user...What.. Who do these people think they are?
dorian2011
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:13 pm Reply with quote

this is the reason i traded in my brand new ps3 slim i got for my birthday, sony endorse cheating, it just shows what the community is like ful of cheaters, chavs and paedophiles
headspin

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:18 pm Reply with quote

its wrong to ban people for doing it, but by the same token the people doing it shouldnt be doing it either, does it matter to them so much winning a game that they'll cheat to win??? banning them is not the answer, i find ridiculing them in the post game lobby usually works quite well and exposing them to be the cheating (or camping) cocks that they are, they usually end up getting ridiculed by everyone else in the lobby for it as well and therefore leave the lobby cos of the abuse they recieve for it.... result.... Cool
Click Here
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20050205.jpg
headspin

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:19 pm Reply with quote

dorian2011 wrote:
this is the reason i traded in my brand new ps3 slim i got for my birthday, sony endorse cheating, it just shows what the community is like ful of cheaters, chavs and paedophiles

and your next analogy??? Rolling Eyes
Click Here
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20050205.jpg
jonbwfc
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:24 pm Reply with quote

...Will probably involve Hitler.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Cheats never win. Oh wait ...
only_777

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Sony has choosen the right thing to do.
Yes its wrong to cheat, and you might think that MS are right to punnish those who cheat but here is the bottom line:

MS are taking the problem out of IW hands and putting it in gamers, so that means dev's can knock up shoddy games and its ok MS will punnish the gamers NOT the devs.

Sony see this (correctly) as a problem with the code that IW have written which will be patched VERY soon (if not already). If people dont play MW2 becuase IW cant write code right they'll play a differnt game, probably Uncharted 2. Sony don't lose IW does. If IW don't want to lose online users then they better get to work sorting out the problem sharpish.

MS are shooting themselves in the foot (again), they might ban people who done the glitch by accident, they might ban people who think this is some sort of secrect move. If these people get banned for something they didn't know, then both MS and IW loses becuase people will get pi$$ed off and might move to Sony for their gaming fix.

Yes cheating is wrong, but shoddy proggramming is even worse. MS have choosen to side with shoddy programming, Sony have choosen to give gamers the choice what they want to do.
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:43 pm Reply with quote

That's b******s and a typical knee-jerk response.

It can take weeks for a developer to knock a patch together and test it sufficiently. In the meantime, the entire online community could be reduced to glitchers and cheaters. Then the only way to compete would be to play by the same (lack of) rules.

It takes no time at all to release a message that says you'll ban people for it until that patch can be released.

The only people Sony are helping in the immediate sense are the people using the exploit. Those not using it won't be affected. Those being hurt by it will continue to be hurt by it. That's hardly fair.
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
That's b******s and a typical knee-jerk response.

It can take weeks for a developer to knock a patch together and test it sufficiently. In the meantime, the entire online community could be reduced to glitchers and cheaters. Then the only way to compete would be to play by the same (lack of) rules.

It takes no time at all to release a message that says you'll ban people for it until that patch can be released.

The only people Sony are helping in the immediate sense are the people using the exploit. Those not using it won't be affected. Those being hurt by it will continue to be hurt by it. That's hardly fair.

No point reasoning with all these cheating sympathisers Dajmin, didnt you know its ok to cheat now? This is what modern (warfare) Gaming is all about Wink .
WHERESMYMONKEY

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:48 pm Reply with quote

I'm sure they'll be a patch for the 360 version. too. I think MS are doing the right thing. Cheating in online games is the lowest of the low.

It completely defeats the object of the game. Like the bastards that spam zangeif in SFIV. whats the damn point.

Was playing borderlands the other night and some guy turned up with an apparently hacked rocket launcher that shot about 20 rockets a time. looked cool but was bloody useless as it never hit anything.
only_777

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Dajmin wrote:
Those being hurt by it will continue to be hurt by it. That's hardly fair.

No, whats not fair is that IW can release a bugged game and not get punished for it. Its not Sonys, Microsofts or gamers fault - its the fault of IW.

And if people quit playing MW2 becuase of it then other devs wont make buggy games. But by banning gamers just gives ALL devs a green light to make buggy games and not have to worry.
They'll all say "So what if our game has bugs in it, its ok MS will punish the gamers, not us!"
And thats the message MS send out by banning people.

I hate cheaters too, but I would hate even more if this was the event that lead to 100's of buggy games to be released becuase dev's don't need to be as tight with their play testing stages of development.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: