Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
360 Avatars get... pets
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Dog in a bag? I either have a sinister mind or something doesnt sound quite right there.
 a3HeadedMonkey 
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:58 pm Reply with quote

YES! I love being financially raped by Microsoft! I'm so getting me a f**king monkey! Smile

I wonder if they're next to you all the time or if your avatar clicks his fingers, the pet pops out, does a trick & is then finger snapped away again. That's one thing that currently annoys me about the normal avatar accessories.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:59 pm Reply with quote

I actually see people going crazy for these.

It'd be nice if some of that £2 went to an animal charity though. That would have been a definite Monkey purchase for me.
Random Hangman
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:02 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
Dog in a bag? I either have a sinister mind or something doesnt sound quite right there.

I think that "Dog BOIL in a bag" would certainly be disturbing (in the UK anyway) Shocked
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:04 pm Reply with quote

a3HeadedMonkey  wrote:
YES! I love being financially raped by Microsoft! I'm so getting me a f**king monkey! Smile

I wonder if they're next to you all the time or if your avatar clicks his fingers, the pet pops out, does a trick & is then finger snapped away again. That's one thing that currently annoys me about the normal avatar accessories.

Do you know, when I read there was a monkey I thought 'im having that' Embarassed

I keep thinking of Homer getting the monkey helper from The Simpsons Laughing
Osiris25
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:05 pm Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else but the Avatar's for the Xbox_360 just seem a bit pointless? All the seem to be is MS answer to the Mii but unlike Mii's which you use in plenty of games I've seen little use for them other than for MS & co to sell loads of outfits and extra's for them which don't really do alot. I don't think I've done anything with mine since i created it back when they first released the upgrade.
Dajmin
Kudos: 38

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:11 pm Reply with quote

@Osiris25
You don't understand the mindset here. Let me help you. Think of it like Barbie dolls, or TV shows about fashion. All they do is sit around and NOT object to having clothes put on them. Avatars are pretty much the same thing, designed for pretty much the same audience Smile

And yes, I fully expect the people who actually buy avatar accessories will go mental for this.
StonecoldMC

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Osiris25 wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but the Avatar's for the Xbox_360 just seem a bit pointless? All the seem to be is MS answer to the Mii but unlike Mii's which you use in plenty of games I've seen little use for them other than for MS & co to sell loads of outfits and extra's for them which don't really do alot. I don't think I've done anything with mine since i created it back when they first released the upgrade.

Ive actually used mine quite a bit recently. Been using if for 1 v 100 and watched a Premiership Game with one of my mates in the Theatre (very surreal having your Avatar jump around to the action as it happens), also Joyride is supposed to becoming out late this year early next http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/j/joyridexboxlivearcade/ and there are more Games to follow along those lines.

Dont worry MS know how to get their hands on our hard earned cash Wink .
Mark240473

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Osiris25 wrote:

Whilst I agree with you, it could be that MS have plans to use them (avatars) with Natal games.
ted1138
Kudos: 35

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:19 pm Reply with quote

They're a great way to express your personality to the rest of the world(well, your friends list any way). Very Happy
PSN:ted1138-ftw
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Considering how often I hear that Avatars are a waste of time and are pointless and crap etc., I find it strange that I've never seen one where someone hasn't made an effort to make it look like them or make it humerous.
plonkman
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:40 pm Reply with quote

great

it would be good to get custom actions for these pets, such as the "humping of the leg" and the "licking of the baws" and the "dragging of the bottom" (on the carpet)
GTCzeero
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Aww, I was hoping for some more exotic animals so I could have posted that they're "having a giraffe..."

At the moment my avatar is ridiculously happy over the presence of a L4D med kit, seriously, all he does it set it on the floor and stare at it... clearly not prepared for the zombie apocalypse.
Moribundman
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 6:21 pm Reply with quote

What, no SVD on an Xbox exclusive forum?

I'm sure he could take the p**s out of an xbox avatar accessory while he wanks over his Home...
CosmicKite
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Give it time. He's racing around a car park atm.
1589vaughan
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 8:26 pm Reply with quote

who exactly would want to pay microsoft for a stupid digital pet, when most people have real life pets. sure £2 or whateva M$ are charging for these things, is alot cheaper than vets bills, food and stuff for a real living pet, but real pets are alot more rewarding.

the moral of this story is....no i will not bend over for microsoft to screw move money out of me. i am happy with the console and the free content.
anakin22
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 9:34 pm Reply with quote

How about a cow?

A cash-milking cow, that is.
Paradaz - UK

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 11:47 pm Reply with quote

1589vaughan wrote:
who exactly would want to pay microsoft for a stupid digital pet, when most people have real life pets.

Isn't that like saying what's the point in playing a driving game if you own a 'real-life' car?
metallicorphan
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 12:00 am Reply with quote

Osiris25 wrote:

with my Avatar i play 1 vs 100,Scene it:Box office smash,Uno and Kingdom for Keflings

apparently they appear in
Age of Booty
Band Hero
Band of Bugs
Bomberman Live
Burnout Paradise
Dirt 2
Guitar Hero 5
Hardwood Hearts/spades
Hasbro Family Game Night
Joyride
Lips
Madballs in Babo
Rainbow Islands
small arms
texas cheat em
worms 2
i think the appear in the sequel to Easy Golf as well

not really that bad for the Avatars being a year old
roland82
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:07 am Reply with quote

Im surprised they didnt use Viva Pinatas......
Dying_Gasp
Kudos: 40

PostPosted: 3 Dec 09 2:41 am Reply with quote

roland82 wrote:
Im surprised they didnt use Viva Pinatas......

That would have been a really good idea actually.
Let's be bad guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: