Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedRT @pczone: Have you signed up for Fight Club Live yet? Apply for tickets now and meet the team! https://www.futurecompetitions.com/figh ...
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsStore
Court ruling backs DS flash carts | Assassin's Creed 2 glitch breaks game | Alien Breed out December 16 | Guild Wars 2: Exclusive races reveal trailer! | Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gameplay trailer | PS video store update is decent | Rebellion "disappointed" with AVP Aussie ban | Majora's Masks was "turning point for Nintendo" | PSP Minis playable on PS3 soon? | EA launches branded prepaid debit card | Aliens vs. Predator banned in Australia | Shock: Mass Effect 2 comes on 2 discs | Uncharted 2 gets difficulty "experiment" this weekend | Medal of Honor release date clarified | New Nintendo downloads | Tales of Monkey Island catch-up movie | Borderlands not sent to die | PSPgo "will die" without cheaper games | Max Payne 3 release delayed | EA: We respect Tiger's privacy | Mirror's Edge 2 "deserves to come back" | Lips Party Classics details | Games On Demand for Windows Live | Just Cause 2: Exclusive gameplay video | Valve: Dev's should "challenge their audience"
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
PSPgo to get UMD drive add-on?
View previous topic - View next topic  
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 12:18 pm Reply with quote

rofl! Laughing

Or....instead of buying a more expensive console AND an addon to read UMDs at an additional cost, you could just buy the cheaper 3000 instead.
coleguilla
Kudos: 9

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 12:22 pm Reply with quote

That would be great. I would still want to play my old PSP games!
coolpro
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 1:04 pm Reply with quote

So this addition could be even more ridiculous than this ...

Click Here

I get the idea that its a good idea to let UMD titles be used on the go but come on!

Eventually the GO! is going to end up being bigger than an Atari Lynx! Hopefully it wont be as successful as the Lynx was?!?

I know that the strap line for the PSP is to have the "whole world in your hands" but I always saw this as a metaphor ...
monty_79
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 1:09 pm Reply with quote

kind of defeats the purpose, does it not?
milky_joe
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I really don't get it.

Why not just buy the cheaper 3000 plus a memory card instead of buying the more expensive Go plus what would no doubt be an expensive add-on.

Are people really that stupid?
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 3:09 pm Reply with quote

It may not be a matter of stupidity for some, but more a case of ignorance. The latter can be effectively treated, the former less so.
lordirongut
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:03 pm Reply with quote

I really like the PSP Go's design, but two things put me off. The frankly ludicrous price is one, but the lack of UMD solution is the other. I think that a portable UMD drive does sort of defeat the point of it, though. I would have thought that a UMD-ripper would be a better idea, that allows you to transfer games from UMD through a USB. This would still allow scope for things like special editions and people keeping their old collections, but would still keep it all digital. The problem here, I imagine, is legal issues.
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:33 pm Reply with quote

I simply do not understand anybody that would buy a consol with download only games!!! it makes no sense. Confused
altitude2k

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:40 pm Reply with quote

roger4000 wrote:
I simply do not understand anybody that would buy a consol with download only games!!! it makes no sense. Confused

I guess it's a bit like having a MP3 player rather than a walkman.
jonbwfc
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:45 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
roger4000 wrote:

the PSP Go is more like a player that only plays a proprietary format that you can't convert your CDs into. Sony used to sell those as well. Surprisingly enough, people bought iPods instead.
altitude2k

PostPosted: 2 Dec 09 4:59 pm Reply with quote

jonbwfc wrote:
altitude2k wrote:
roger4000 wrote:

the PSP Go is more like a player that only plays a proprietary format that you can't convert your CDs into. Sony used to sell those as well. Surprisingly enough, people bought iPods instead.

That's why I said "a bit like" Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: