Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHeavy Rain preview is in the house(!)
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
3D laptops shown by Nvidia | MW2 smashes Call of Duty 4 | Banned Xbox modders NOT one-million | Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers release date | Steam dominates 70% of PC download market | PlayStation Platforms Dominate In Japan | Modern Warfare 2 video shows new gameplay modes? | Darksiders 'The Horseman's Road' Trailer | Nintendo downloads: Pokémon, Uno | Bayonetta review: 10/10 "flawless" | Worms 2: Armageddon update released | Government recruiting soldiers over Xbox Live | Kaz Hirai: PS3 to hit 13 million early next year | New Halo, Shadow Complex and Gears... on cards | Zelda mystery: internet speculation 1 truth 0 | Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena | Dragon Age: Origins DLC revealed | Download Saints Row 2 on Xbox Live next week | StarCraft 2 gameplay screenshots | Aliens vs. Predator WILL support dedicated servers | Modern Warfare 2 zombies could've happened | Kane & Lynch 2 gameplay info is in | BioShock 2 special edition detailed | Star Trek Online beta details | Army of Two 2: Pimp my weaponry
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Modern Warfare 2 gameplay modes uncovered
View previous topic - View next topic  
The Bossman
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 6:39 pm Reply with quote

HA! God, what rubbish those modes are. The only interesting one is V.I.P. They all sound tacked-on for a few extra dollars, pathetic. Do not want. Laughing
Browny-Lad
Kudos: 6

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 6:49 pm Reply with quote

awesome MW2 is great!
Jellybeans
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 6:52 pm Reply with quote

global thermal thingy sounds like the tciket system in battlefield
MithEd
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 7:16 pm Reply with quote

I want Team Tactical back! and not that 3rd person crud either!
sonic_uk
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Oh, didn't see that coming. I thought publishers, especially good ol' Activision in no way hold back content from the full game only to release it later and charge people for something that should have been in the full game in the first place. Rolling Eyes
niksalt
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Some hackers find a bit of unfinshed code and the whole world jumps to conclusions!

Jeez, take it easy people and remember, if it does eventually make it as part of paid for DLC you always have the choice to say no.

Rolling Eyes
nuggit3000
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 8:54 pm Reply with quote

Well, if Activision have deliberately held back content so they can charge more, then there's no way I will be paying for it.. Or any other update.... Or any other Activision game.

If however, they merely didn't have time to finish these modes in time for launch, and release a free-of-charge patch, then I will be happy.

It is daylight robery for publishers to charge to unlock things that are already on the disk we have already paid for.

There needs to be some new laws passed for this kind of thing
PS3 tag: TBC
battles_atlas
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 9:40 pm Reply with quote

Grow up Nuggit - next you're going to whine "its not fair!".

You think devs put everything into a game that they've thought of up to that point? These are companies we are talking about. They exist to generate profit. They will put into a game the bare minimum they can to sell you the game. Any extra is 'dlc' that they can sell to you later on.

The devs themselves might not hold this view, but the men bankrolling them certainly do, and they call the shots. Welcome to the world we live in. Of course it's robbery - its capitalism baby. Laws will be passed against this the same day that being rich is outlawed. Don't hold your breath.
the688
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:11 pm Reply with quote

I wonder how many parts have "Fix after ship" in them Wink

Oh, what, the companies aren't my friend? They're trying to make money? What!? They could've sold McDonalds food cheaper than they do? Holy crap, my human rights are being violated!!

Capitalism. It's not news.
lwill
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 11:37 pm Reply with quote

Nugit, I can see where you're coming from, but, if you see that as a problem, devs could just not put it on the disk, then later sell it as a download and no - one would see anything wrong with that. Infact, I'm pretty sure that's what most of them do.
The Bossman
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Just download the inevitable hacks for the modes and the dedicated servers, job done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: