Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHeavy Rain preview is in the house(!)
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
3D laptops shown by Nvidia | MW2 smashes Call of Duty 4 | Banned Xbox modders NOT one-million | Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers release date | Steam dominates 70% of PC download market | PlayStation Platforms Dominate In Japan | Modern Warfare 2 video shows new gameplay modes? | Darksiders 'The Horseman's Road' Trailer | Nintendo downloads: Pokémon, Uno | Bayonetta review: 10/10 "flawless" | Worms 2: Armageddon update released | Government recruiting soldiers over Xbox Live | Kaz Hirai: PS3 to hit 13 million early next year | New Halo, Shadow Complex and Gears... on cards | Zelda mystery: internet speculation 1 truth 0 | Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena | Dragon Age: Origins DLC revealed | Download Saints Row 2 on Xbox Live next week | StarCraft 2 gameplay screenshots | Aliens vs. Predator WILL support dedicated servers | Modern Warfare 2 zombies could've happened | Kane & Lynch 2 gameplay info is in | BioShock 2 special edition detailed | Star Trek Online beta details | Army of Two 2: Pimp my weaponry
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
PS2 launches in Brazil
View previous topic - View next topic  
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 5:53 pm Reply with quote

bargain.

i watched a documentary on 4OD, dancing with the devil. it was about the drug lords and police in rio de janerio.

the cops were playing MW2 on a computer - before it was released.

a thank you gift from IW for showing them about the favelas?
wrightandrewjame
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Wow. Welcome to the 21st Century Brazil! They've seriously got to treat them better out there. We complain about a game being launched a few months later here, but that can't compare to waiting nearly a decade for a console to launch!
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 6:02 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
bargain.

i watched a documentary on 4OD, dancing with the devil. it was about the drug lords and police in rio de janerio.

the cops were playing MW2 on a computer - before it was released.

a thank you gift from IW for showing them about the favelas?

Ive got that on my Sky+, I take its a good show then? The advert for it remided me of City of God.
svd_grasshopper

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 6:15 pm Reply with quote

great show, very well done.
Osiris25
Kudos: 20

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Wow. Welcome to the 21st Century Brazil! They've seriously got to treat them better out there. We complain about a game being launched a few months later here, but that can't compare to waiting nearly a decade for a console to launch!

What you have to remember is Brasil is still a little way behind others in terms of there technology, the main reason being cost of course. Large parts of the population are still very poor and can't afford even very old tech like the Psone/N64.
pepperman
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty poor show for Sony. Selling superceded hardware at that price. Is the PC market like that over there too? I have my doubts, it just wouldn't work. Cynical meter going up...

With a globalised consumer market, I'm amazed by this. The fact that they are selling it at PS3 price is pretty shameless.

What happens if you're found with a PS3 in Brazil? s**t.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Bow your head in shame, Sony.

This behaviour represents some of the worst aspects of capitalism and free markets (granted, communism and completely planned economies are not the solution either if history is anything to go by).
The_Hun1
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:09 pm Reply with quote

well put it this way, they wont have to wait ages for the big games to come out and be developed, since its all ready now.
rivariad
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:18 pm Reply with quote

i just laughed outta my ass when i read the jurassic park vhs thing. i just love cvg
moss66
Kudos: 17

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 12:31 am Reply with quote

my god, they'd wet thereselves if bull's-eye ever got over there. all those state of the art gizmos and what not......show me the way to brazilian ebay Laughing
ruley1979
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 4:32 am Reply with quote

This messed up people. Sony hang your heads.
Crying or Very sad

So during World Cup 2006 Ronaldhio was playing Pro Evo on his PS1 instead of training. Laughing
Dewin
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 8:30 am Reply with quote

Sure this is all Sony's fault.... shame on you Sony!!!

And it has nothing to do that everything from the cop on the street to the government there are corrupt. What the hell do you guys know about Brazils economy??Its all taxes the government put on the thing. Sony has to play by their rules. And you can't import the thing as customs opens up everything and you either A. just don't get it or B. get a hefty tax bill. Pointing the finger at Sony is just another 360 fanboy trolling. Something this site is famous for.
Robjduk
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 10:21 am Reply with quote

dont come here then. goto ps3 love land where your be happier Cool
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 10:26 am Reply with quote

Dewin wrote:

And it has nothing to do that everything from the cop on the street to the government there are corrupt. What the hell do you guys know about Brazils economy??Its all taxes the government put on the thing. Sony has to play by their rules. And you can't import the thing as customs opens up everything and you either A. just don't get it or B. get a hefty tax bill. Pointing the finger at Sony is just another 360 fanboy trolling. Something this site is famous for.

Right, because you are suddenly the expert on Brazillian tariffs, are you? Please, don't be ridiculous! Incidentally, Sony certainly has responsibility because it chooses what it decides to sell, or not sell, in a given region/country provided the product is legal. Now, unless you have some solid evidence that it is illegal for Sony to sell the PS3 in Brazil then your claim doesn't have a leg to stand on. After all, if there were to be taxes on the sales of PS3s (which is likely,) then there is almost certainly bound to be taxes on the sales of PS2s (also likely). Oh, and lets not forget that Sony, in all their magnanimity, have decided to grace the Brazillian people with PS3 prices for a 9 year old PS2 console. Spare me your sentimental defense of Sony. They don't deserve your efforts. Once more, bow your head in shame Sony.
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 10:28 am Reply with quote

Robjduk wrote:
dont come here then. goto ps3 love land where your be happier Cool

Laughing
Dewin
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 12:41 pm Reply with quote

For all you 360 trolls:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=679155

Read up. Grasshopper was right, its a freakin bargain over there.
milky_joe
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 1:07 pm Reply with quote

It's a strange one this, the PS3 is available in tiny, underdeveloped countries like El Salvador, but not in Brazil?
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Dewin wrote:
For all you 360 trolls:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=679155

Read up. Grasshopper was right, its a freakin bargain over there.

Hey SDF fanboy, let me get this straight: you are actually defending Sony for charging a price for the 9 year old PS2 that you can buy the PS3 Slim for? If you are that ardent about defending a materialistic corporation then I look forward to what I'm sure will be an immense effort on your part to defend fair trade practices and the enforcement of customer and human rights as well. After all, those things are surely far more worthy of being defended than a company's ability to take customers for a ride, no? I look forward to your answer. Cool
pepperman
Kudos: 10

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Dewin wrote:

360 fanboyism? .... huh? Where did that come from? A little defensive are you?
You're defending a company that's selling superceded hardware at the price of it's new hardware? There's simply no justification for this, especially defending it (!) with arguments of customs and taxes. Weak.

I was actually surprised to hear Sony doing this, as I do prefer Sony. But this action is pure greed.

Last edited by pepperman on 20 Nov 09 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boethius
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Sony execs, people are deprived in Brazil, send free games consoles to them. You big corporations are holding us up now, we want a more equitable world.
sviola
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 6:37 pm Reply with quote

For all of you who have been saying that Brazil is not in the 21st century, we have official Wii and Xbox 360 almost since the launch of these 2 plataforms. And we have simultaneous films, games and tech launch with other countries (unfortunately, they charge you for your kidneys for any of those here).

Sony just has terrible strategic decisions (as most of the people I know have a PS3 around here - which has been sold unofficially since launch - buy there games through internet in the UK).
DuduKC
Kudos: 2

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was reading the comments up here and I signed up just to comment. I'm brazilian and I know we're very late for the PS2 launch. The problem is that here in Brazil, government taxes video-games up to 72%. I know all you think Brazil is a forest and we don't have anything here, like LCD, Plasma or LED TVs, but we do. About the one-decade late, I think Sony just waited the taxes go down, but they haven't. Sadly, Brazil's a country that will never go forward.

Just see what I was talking about the taxes:
1 launching game, like Uncharted 2, costs R$300 (about US$173). Now image you paying US$300 for a game. Our alternative is import games, so that we can pay what you pay Wink

Add me at PSN for Uncharted 2, Resistance 2, Burnout Paradise, WipEout, Fat Princess, Battlefield 1943 and more Very Happy
johnafirth
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 21 Nov 09 2:13 am Reply with quote

I actually thought the title said PS3. Shame on Sony.
Yunkees
Kudos: 1

PostPosted: 21 Nov 09 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Nobody buys it lol, I have ps3, xbox 360, Wii, DS and tv 50 "full HD, I'm from Brazil

many people here have it ...

where is your god?? XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: