Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHeavy Rain preview is in the house(!)
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
3D laptops shown by Nvidia | MW2 smashes Call of Duty 4 | Banned Xbox modders NOT one-million | Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers release date | Steam dominates 70% of PC download market | PlayStation Platforms Dominate In Japan | Modern Warfare 2 video shows new gameplay modes? | Darksiders 'The Horseman's Road' Trailer | Nintendo downloads: Pokémon, Uno | Bayonetta review: 10/10 "flawless" | Worms 2: Armageddon update released | Government recruiting soldiers over Xbox Live | Kaz Hirai: PS3 to hit 13 million early next year | New Halo, Shadow Complex and Gears... on cards | Zelda mystery: internet speculation 1 truth 0 | Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena | Dragon Age: Origins DLC revealed | Download Saints Row 2 on Xbox Live next week | StarCraft 2 gameplay screenshots | Aliens vs. Predator WILL support dedicated servers | Modern Warfare 2 zombies could've happened | Kane & Lynch 2 gameplay info is in | BioShock 2 special edition detailed | Star Trek Online beta details | Army of Two 2: Pimp my weaponry
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Dragon Age: Origins new secret revealed?
View previous topic - View next topic  
Army of 88
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:01 pm Reply with quote

i bet it is a zombie mode Laughing
ledickolas
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:09 pm Reply with quote

kil streaks?
budge
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:10 pm Reply with quote

I'm picking the PS3 version up tonight, can't wait. Smile
Moribundman
Kudos: 21

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Fully integrated Qunari PC with origin and achievements for DLC?

Aw sod it. Last time they teased like this, they were announcing a fairly redundant US-only simultaneous PS3 release.

As a UK-based PC/360 owner this couldn't have been LESS relevant.

Maybe it's dog armour...?

Or a Meowmeowi War Cat...?

Razz
The_KFD_Case
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Moribundman wrote:
Fully integrated Qunari PC with origin and achievements for DLC?

Aw sod it. Last time they teased like this, they were announcing a fairly redundant US-only simultaneous PS3 release.

As a UK-based PC/360 owner this couldn't have been LESS relevant.

Maybe it's dog armour...?

Or a Meowmeowi War Cat...?

Razz

Laughing

I'm half-hoping for the simulated ability to get the female characters pregnant. Just imagine it: mini-Morrigans or Lelianas running around! Now imagine what that might look like if you decided to play a massively bearded dwarf....
Blumiere
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:50 pm Reply with quote

New characters wouldn't really work since they'd have to be fully integrated into the game like Shale was to get the most out of them.
I'd rather not have a silent party member follow me around who has no interaction with anyone but the PC.

My money is on a new dungeon with loot and a boss at the end.
metallicorphan
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:54 pm Reply with quote

i just finished it yesterday...campaign,and about 85% of the side quests...took 53 and a half hrs,then i went back and got the achievements i missed or couldn't get in one playthrough(shagging Alistair!!),and that wracked up another say 10 or so hrs

good game,buggy as hell

i will be having a look in for what gets said on this announcement
jasperchip&dale;
Kudos: 7

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 1:41 pm Reply with quote

defo dlc for the ability to form your own traveling gipsy folk band
chunkyboymania
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 1:42 pm Reply with quote

I'm not ready for any extra content yet I'm about 35 hours in but don't feel like I've got far in yet. So Bioware can hold off for a month and you can all wait for your DLC.

It's buggy but Oblivions even more so from my experience.
Moribundman

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 1:46 pm Reply with quote

If they release any more "significant" content a la Shale, they would need to do it as an "event" release in the style of GTA4. After all, a new character (or even a new quest with the existing ones) neccessitates getting all seven primary voice actors (eight if you include Shale) to record additional dialogue to advance the plot...

They'd either have to make a big deal out of a single piece of content or record vocals for several separately released pieces of content in one big block.

That's why I think adding a new type of Player Character would be easier to implement than adding more party members. "You" never speak (aside from the looped action remarks) and recording a few plot-based snippets of party member dialogue would be much less work.

I'd happily pay for episodic additions to the game in the style of Telltale's adventures (which have ongoing voice actor troupes).
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 1:52 pm Reply with quote

This is actually the first game where I've felt inclined to spend money on the DLC (asides from the stuff I got complimentary with the CE version).

@Moribundman:

Your suggestion of a new class makes sense; I also like your idea of a new playable race (ex. Quanari). That wouldn't seem to provide too many obstacles...although NPC vocal reactions would have to be taken in to account. Perhaps a bit of fudging with existing loops could cover that though. Regardless, I look forward to seeing what the surprise will be although I've only played through 30% of the game so far!
KC_Majic
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Who's to say they have not already recorded 'new' dialogue when they recorded the main script. Not that I am complaining about content that could have been included in the release version, as I think most people would agree the amount of hours already given is good value but if DLC is planned whilst the main game is in production they could of had a few DLC scripts recorded at the same time.
Moribundman

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 4:26 pm Reply with quote

KC_Majic wrote:
Who's to say they have not already recorded 'new' dialogue when they recorded the main script. Not that I am complaining about content that could have been included in the release version, as I think most people would agree the amount of hours already given is good value but if DLC is planned whilst the main game is in production they could of had a few DLC scripts recorded at the same time.

Precisely what I was thinking. They have said for some time that they have 2 years worth of stuff planned - stands to reason they'll have established sound/plot resources for a lot of this along with the main game as they did with Shale/Warden's peak. What's left could easily be done in batches once they know what else they're doing.

GTA4 is a masterclass in how to integrate a certain percentage of new audio/gameplay with a large body of existing stuff without making it appear stale or repetative.
The_Louce
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 7:09 pm Reply with quote

From DA:O site:-

Return to Ostagar
Available this holiday season.

Your memories of the battle of Ostagar will haunt you for years to come. It laid waste to your order and claimed the lives of many great men and women.

Now, there are rumors that a fellow survivor of the battle has escaped from captivity and is seeking the Grey Wardens' help. The time has come for the Grey Wardens to make their return to Ostagar and exact their revenge upon the darkspawn.

A return to the battlefields of Ostagar, now thick with darkspawn encamped amidst the snow
An opportunity to reclaim the lost arms and armor of a king
A second chance to add Dog to your party
The_KFD_Case

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 9:07 pm Reply with quote

The_Louce wrote:
From DA:O site:-

Return to Ostagar
Available this holiday season.

Your memories of the battle of Ostagar will haunt you for years to come. It laid waste to your order and claimed the lives of many great men and women.

Now, there are rumors that a fellow survivor of the battle has escaped from captivity and is seeking the Grey Wardens' help. The time has come for the Grey Wardens to make their return to Ostagar and exact their revenge upon the darkspawn.

A return to the battlefields of Ostagar, now thick with darkspawn encamped amidst the snow
An opportunity to reclaim the lost arms and armor of a king
A second chance to add Dog to your party

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated. Smile
bogeyb
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:25 pm Reply with quote

A bit off topic, but is anybody else finding the normal difficulty a bit too much. Tried switching to easy but its too easy. I only really play the best rpg's so i am no expert, but i've never had much trouble playing any game on normal. Just seems like its not pitched right.
bogeyb
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:27 pm Reply with quote

A bit off topic, but is anybody else finding the normal difficulty a bit too much. Tried switching to easy but its too easy. I only really play the best rpg's so i am no expert, but i've never had much trouble playing any game on normal. Just seems like its not pitched right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: