Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHeavy Rain preview is in the house(!)
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
3D laptops shown by Nvidia | MW2 smashes Call of Duty 4 | Banned Xbox modders NOT one-million | Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers release date | Steam dominates 70% of PC download market | PlayStation Platforms Dominate In Japan | Modern Warfare 2 video shows new gameplay modes? | Darksiders 'The Horseman's Road' Trailer | Nintendo downloads: Pokémon, Uno | Bayonetta review: 10/10 "flawless" | Worms 2: Armageddon update released | Government recruiting soldiers over Xbox Live | Kaz Hirai: PS3 to hit 13 million early next year | New Halo, Shadow Complex and Gears... on cards | Zelda mystery: internet speculation 1 truth 0 | Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena | Dragon Age: Origins DLC revealed | Download Saints Row 2 on Xbox Live next week | StarCraft 2 gameplay screenshots | Aliens vs. Predator WILL support dedicated servers | Modern Warfare 2 zombies could've happened | Kane & Lynch 2 gameplay info is in | BioShock 2 special edition detailed | Star Trek Online beta details | Army of Two 2: Pimp my weaponry
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
PS3 Facebook, firmware 3.10 is live
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
gamefreak666
Kudos: 14

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 9:16 am Reply with quote

BEWARE

I just tried downloading the update and during the install operation it got to 3% then died. Coming up with a (8002F14E) error.

I contacted Sony and there is nothing that they can do except exchange the console, for £128 because mine is out of warranty.
gogo65uk
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 9:35 am Reply with quote

Mine was fine. Bad luck though bud. Was downloaded and installed in about 3 minutes (I know that because I went to make a coffee)
jonnyelsby
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 9:49 am Reply with quote

the update sucks i still can't write anything on my facebook.
bennyboi1979
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 9:49 am Reply with quote

mmmmm i smell a RAT!!! mine is spot on.
only_777
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:16 am Reply with quote

jonnyelsby wrote:
the update sucks i still can't write anything on my facebook.

No one at any point said that you write stuff on facebook via your PS3, all that was said your trophys and PSN store purchases would be uploaded to facebook as facebook events.
I am rooted in favour of Sony now, after being burnt by MS though. Two 360's and two first gen xbox's - crap all backwards compatablity, MS trying to screw me over with my XNA club membership. So its not that I have not given them a chance.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:20 am Reply with quote

BEWARE

Obsessed numpty in thread.

[/b]
Chris W

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:22 am Reply with quote

Well, it took me three tries for it to start downloading, and when it did it went to 8% then stopped. I had to re-start again, then it took thirty minutes to download. This is a production system! Just embarrassing, Sony's software efforts are extremely frustrating. And the kicker is the "update text": According to that display text, the only thing new in 3.10 is the new photo feature.

Amateur hour.

It's good to know I'm not crazy about the PSN's low bandwidth; I constantly get maxed out downloads on XBL, and PSN is always, always slower... sometimes significantly so.
stonecold77
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:23 am Reply with quote

Where the movie downloads available on this update or where they on the store already? Either way I'm gonna be checking some of them out, not seen Crimson Tide yet for one.
stonecold77

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:26 am Reply with quote

Chris W wrote:
Well, it took me three tries for it to start downloading, and when it did it went to 8% then stopped. I had to re-start again, then it took thirty minutes to download. This is a production system! Just embarrassing, Sony's software efforts are extremely frustrating. And the kicker is the "update text": According to that display text, the only thing new in 3.10 is the new photo feature.

Amateur hour.

It's good to know I'm not crazy about the PSN's low bandwidth; I constantly get maxed out downloads on XBL, and PSN is always, always slower... sometimes significantly so.

Mine downloaded in less than 5 minutes and installed with no problems at all...
gogo65uk
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:32 am Reply with quote

yeah its just a tab on the store saying movies (upper left of screen) game/video pretty good im happy with prices just renting out braveheart in hd Very Happy freeedom Laughing Crimson Tide is on there in hd for 3.50 to rent in hd or 2.50 in sd.
voodoo341
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:32 am Reply with quote

Chris W wrote:

Amateur hour.

Less than 5 minutes to download and install here. You need to go back and check your settings, it's not even that big a file.
minimalistic

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:40 am Reply with quote

No problems here, whole process took about 3 minutes, let's hope bd won't die..
Chris W

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:41 am Reply with quote

^^ Well, I suppose there are times when the service is being hammered, due to people updating their system software - just seemed to take forever this time... usually PSN is one of the only services where I can actually max out my connection speed, regardless of if I download from the EU or the US PSN store.
jonbwfc
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 10:56 am Reply with quote

It's far, far safer to do a download to a memory stick via PC and update your firmware from that than do an 'over the air' firmware update. You've got no risk of a partial download screwing things up and generally it seems to me to download quicker from the website than direct to PS3.

[checks]

This would all be true if it was available from the website, which it isn't. /sonyfacepalm.

Jon
roger4000
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 11:08 am Reply with quote

gamefreak666 wrote:
BEWARE

I just tried downloading the update and during the install operation it got to 3% then died. Coming up with a (8002F14E) error.

I contacted Sony and there is nothing that they can do except exchange the console, for £128 because mine is out of warranty.

I feel for you I really do. My PS3 bricked the last update and I got nowhere with Sony. The uk team are arrogant and have been fed a line to tell us poor suckers. They say it’s all a coincidence if your PS3 bricks after an update. A huge coincidence for thousand of people last time and you are just the tip of the iceberg this time round. I made such a fuss they reduced my fix to £100, but it’s still too much. Can you really imagine the chances of your PS3 breaking at the point of the update. Millions to 1 but they insist it’s the case. You also have no tracking or anything with Sony. You just have to wait it out till they return it. Mine took 3 weeks! That said when I got the reconditioned PS3 back (that’s right, it won’t be your original consol) my 3rd Xbox stopped reading the odd disk so that had to be returned (in warranty). The difference in service was astonishing. You could track every last inch of where you consol was and it’s out for delivery back to my place today with UPS. All within a week. Great stuff Microsoft. This is why I will never buy another Sony product again.
altitude2k
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 11:08 am Reply with quote

OK...am I being retarded here? Got the update and I can't find Facebook anwhere, and going to facebook.com still gives me the same poor formatting the browser always did.

Also, iPlayer has disappeared from the TV menu...

EDIT: OK - needed to restart it AGAIN to get the iPlayer link back. Still no sign of Facebook controls, though.
Sinthetic

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 11:25 am Reply with quote

took 2 mins max. i now have a very cool orange around my i.d ... p.s the facebook crap is in account settings.
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:06 pm Reply with quote

roger4000 wrote:
gamefreak666 wrote:
BEWARE

I feel for you I really do. My PS3 bricked the last update and I got nowhere with Sony. The uk team are arrogant and have been fed a line to tell us poor suckers. They say it’s all a coincidence if your PS3 bricks after an update. A huge coincidence for thousand of people last time and you are just the tip of the iceberg this time round. I made such a fuss they reduced my fix to £100, but it’s still too much. Can you really imagine the chances of your PS3 breaking at the point of the update. Millions to 1 but they insist it’s the case. You also have no tracking or anything with Sony. You just have to wait it out till they return it. Mine took 3 weeks! That said when I got the reconditioned PS3 back (that’s right, it won’t be your original consol) my 3rd Xbox stopped reading the odd disk so that had to be returned (in warranty). The difference in service was astonishing. You could track every last inch of where you consol was and it’s out for delivery back to my place today with UPS. All within a week. Great stuff Microsoft. This is why I will never buy another Sony product again.

What I don't understand is that my PS3 was out of warranty when it went belly-up, yet they replaced it for free with another one. I thought customer service was good.

Different stories, labour or tories.
Sirini

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:36 pm Reply with quote

"This update also enables developers to set specific criteria in their titles to publish additional game information to your News Feed"
I quickly put this through a translator and got:
"This update also enables developers to hijack your facebook account to use it to advertise their games to your friends"
voodoo341

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:44 pm Reply with quote

altitude2k wrote:
OK...am I being retarded here? Got the update and I can't find Facebook anwhere, and going to facebook.com still gives me the same poor formatting the browser always did.

Also, iPlayer has disappeared from the TV menu...

EDIT: OK - needed to restart it AGAIN to get the iPlayer link back. Still no sign of Facebook controls, though.

Go to account settings.
WHERESMYMONKEY
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:48 pm Reply with quote

my PS3 stopped reading discs about a month ago, Igave sony a call and they said they'd be a guy to pick it up the next day. I waited in all day and the stupid bastards hadn't even passed it on to the currior company. Phoned them up again and they actually did it the second time.

Took em 2 weeks and then i got a random text message saying it was being delivered back. got home to find a missed delivery notice. Phoned them up to get it redirected to my work address, but they said i had to phone up sony. So i did it took me half and hour to get through and then the gonk on the phone almost tried telling me my work didn't exist.

finally turned up the next day and i wasn't even sure they'd done anything to it. they didn't even give the machine a bit of a spit and polish.

moral of the story- Sony customer service sucks!
metallicorphan
Kudos: 26

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:51 pm Reply with quote

well,mine as per usual took about 10 minutes to download and install...why it always takes so long for me i dunno,the 360 updates are downloaded and installed in less than a minute...and i am on 10mb,i even download stuff from the PSN store and its faster than their updates

and yeah on the iPlayer link buggering off,so you have to reset the PS3?..i just went online with it and went to BBCiplayer as i got tired of looking about for it and watched Buzzcocks that i missed last night

Very Happy Very Happy
minimalistic

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 12:52 pm Reply with quote

roger4000 wrote:
gamefreak666 wrote:
BEWARE

Different story in my case. PS3 died on me 8 months after warranty, i called sony. After 15minutes guy on the phone said that they'll replace it for free. Within one week courier was on my doorstep with refurbished ps3 with replaced chassis and brdrive.
My elite died 3 weeks after warranty and after hours of calling to India they offered me repairing it for £80. Independent shop did it for £40. No more ms machine for me.
lmimmfn
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 1:02 pm Reply with quote

still on 6 month old firmware, it would be nice if the wifi actually worked and could continue downloads when it dies regularly. Ill wait for that firmware
voodoo341

PostPosted: 19 Nov 09 1:20 pm Reply with quote

lmimmfn wrote:
still on 6 month old firmware, it would be nice if the wifi actually worked and could continue downloads when it dies regularly. Ill wait for that firmware

Take it you don't go online at all now then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: