Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHeavy Rain preview is in the house(!)
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
Nintendo downloads: Pokémon, Uno | Bayonetta review: 10/10 "flawless" | Worms 2: Armageddon update released | Government recruiting soldiers over Xbox Live | Kaz Hirai: PS3 to hit 13 million early next year | New Halo, Shadow Complex and Gears... on cards | Zelda mystery: internet speculation 1 truth 0 | Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena | Dragon Age: Origins DLC revealed | Download Saints Row 2 on Xbox Live next week | StarCraft 2 gameplay screenshots | Aliens vs. Predator WILL support dedicated servers | Modern Warfare 2 zombies could've happened | Kane & Lynch 2 gameplay info is in | BioShock 2 special edition detailed | Star Trek Online beta details | Army of Two 2: Pimp my weaponry | Xtival returns to Live next weekend | Resident Evil 5 download episodes detailed | Modern Warfare 2 gameplay modes uncovered | PS2 launches in Brazil | PES 2010 download content dated | PS3: 3D update on the way? | No More Heroes Xbox 360/PS3 screenshots | LOTRO: Siege of Mirkwood: epic story screens
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Xbox Facebook, Twitter update is live
View previous topic - View next topic  
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Will be having a shot of Last FM and Twitter when i get home, seen loads of people using Last FM on my Friends list so interested to see what its like.

And I will mos def be trying out the 1080 Zune streaming, if it works this could be the the app I use the most out of all of them!
YCshinobi
Kudos: 36

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:17 pm Reply with quote

The Zune marketplace is def the best addition out of these for me.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Halo Reach
Wii
Metroid: Other M
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Monster Hunter 3
No More Heroes 2
Red Steel 2
Black Mantis
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Cool. Last FM and Zune are the features I'll use most, although I'll give Facebook and Twitter a shot too.
ledickolas
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Last Fm is pretty cool. I've got a 24mb contract with Be with it usually at a steady 17mb speed. Is that good enough for HD streaming? If so I may use it.
ledickolas

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Facebook and Twitter can naff off though.
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Can't use Facebook cos I'm a silver member Sad
ricflair

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:51 pm Reply with quote

They've said you can stream on pretty slow connection (it uses something like 4mb of bandwidth, but don't take this as gospel), so 17mb should be plenty!

Facebook is good for looking at photos, that's all I used it for. Still, it's not really anything to push as a reason for getting a gold sub, especially with the PS3 news today.

Last.fm is good too, but to be honest if I'm listening to music on my 360 I'm streaming it from my PC upstairs.
nikon005
Kudos: 15

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Just been on last fm via my xbox .It's pretty good ! listen to any artist or band by search engine, can play music through my surround system now Surprised
ledickolas

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:58 pm Reply with quote

cheers for the info dude
1589vaughan
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 1:59 pm Reply with quote

i don't have any need to use these new features. the 360 is connected to the TV which is also the computer screen for my brothers computer. so all i have to do is switch between inputs, and its there. it might not be the best setup as the tv screen isn't huge, but it works
ledickolas

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone know if you can just choose to listen to one artist? At the moment all I can select is artist stations which have other bands on them. It's not too bad as at least the other artists are of a similar vein but it would be nice to have what spotify does.
khr0nik

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, the streaming works fine in 1080p. I've got a 4mb connection, 3.5mb on a busy day like weekends, and I managed to rent Fighting with absolutely no probs whatsoever.

And to anyone who's interested, theres a sweet 4 min clip of Avatar on Zune marketplace now. Its free, and by streaming you'll get a clear answer on whether you qualify for HD streaming or not.
Shabozi
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Very impressed with the streaming movies...

Might actually use the service now
ricflair

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 6:14 pm Reply with quote

ledickolas wrote:
Does anyone know if you can just choose to listen to one artist? At the moment all I can select is artist stations which have other bands on them. It's not too bad as at least the other artists are of a similar vein but it would be nice to have what spotify does.

You can subscribe to last.fm for something like Ł3/pcm. I think this allows you to get no adverts and select tracks - not 100% sure though.

The good thing about it is finding stuff you've never heard based on stuff you like. I've found a few decent records this way! And it's handy for parties too.
Black Mantis

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 8:07 pm Reply with quote

Just tried them all and am leaning towards the general consensus that Facebook and Twitter need better integration with your Live profile. Last FM is cool and something I'll have on when studying.

The best thing though is the HD streaming, which works fantastic for me. Very clear, vibrant picture and sound and definitely something I'll be making use of.
rick_x
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 9:45 pm Reply with quote

I had the beta preview, it's all a case of style over substance - there's hardly anything on Zune Marketplace. I hoped this would change with the main release but there are still lots of empty categories too (GamerTV anyone?).

XBL is aimed at the US market primarily and everyone else gets crumbs despite paying more for the service.
ted1138

PostPosted: 18 Nov 09 3:53 am Reply with quote

Can't get the 1080p streaming to work, seems my broadband just ain't broad enough. Crying or Very sad
PSN:ted1138-ftw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: