Login to access exclusive gaming content, win competition prizes
and post on our forums. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Why should you join?
Click here for full benefits!
Follow our Twitter feedHeavy Rain preview is in the house(!)
SIGN IN/JOIN UP
GamesForumsCheatsVideo
3D laptops shown by Nvidia | MW2 smashes Call of Duty 4 | Banned Xbox modders NOT one-million | Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers release date | Steam dominates 70% of PC download market | PlayStation Platforms Dominate In Japan | Modern Warfare 2 video shows new gameplay modes? | Darksiders 'The Horseman's Road' Trailer | Nintendo downloads: Pokémon, Uno | Bayonetta review: 10/10 "flawless" | Worms 2: Armageddon update released | Government recruiting soldiers over Xbox Live | Kaz Hirai: PS3 to hit 13 million early next year | New Halo, Shadow Complex and Gears... on cards | Zelda mystery: internet speculation 1 truth 0 | Dark Elves enter the Blood Bowl arena | Dragon Age: Origins DLC revealed | Download Saints Row 2 on Xbox Live next week | StarCraft 2 gameplay screenshots | Aliens vs. Predator WILL support dedicated servers | Modern Warfare 2 zombies could've happened | Kane & Lynch 2 gameplay info is in | BioShock 2 special edition detailed | Star Trek Online beta details | Army of Two 2: Pimp my weaponry
All|PC|PlayStation|Xbox|Nintendo|Download PC Games
Search CVG
Computer And Video Games - The latest gaming news, reviews, previews & movies
Left 4 Dead 2
View previous topic - View next topic  
shiwayb
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 9:39 am Reply with quote

Why Cant We Just Have Video Reviews?
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 10:27 am Reply with quote

If you played the first Game with friends it was full of water cooler moments, and the beauty was you get a different epxperience everytime you played it.

Im expecting better from the sequel and by all accounts it looks like Valve have succeeded (and to think they still have doubters Laughing ) in making the 2nd Game even better.

Only problem is, this or AC2? Think I might be trading in MW2 and picking them both up Very Happy !
lotusexcelsa
Kudos: 18

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 10:48 am Reply with quote

[quote="StonecoldMC"

Only problem is, this or AC2? [/quote]

Buy both!

This will be the first time ever that I'll be buying two games on 1 release day

L4D2 will be amazing...unfortunately all my friends are waiting till christmas; Cheap B*****ds
StonecoldMC
Kudos: 39

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 11:18 am Reply with quote

lotusexcelsa wrote:
[quote="StonecoldMC"

Only problem is, this or AC2?

Buy both!

This will be the first time ever that I'll be buying two games on 1 release day

L4D2 will be amazing...unfortunately all my friends are waiting till christmas; Cheap B*****ds[/quote]

I think i will be joining you in buying in both lotusexcelsa, completed MW2 and most of Spec Opps, but dont last 2 minutes online Crying or Very sad so will trading that in on Friday and using it towards L4D2 and AC2.

Expensive hobby is Gaming and next year could break the bank Laughing !!
Mark240473
Kudos: 37

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 11:25 am Reply with quote

I suppose the beauty of L4D is the fact that you don't have to worry about the usual online annoyances, such as snipers and campers because you are all just working together against the hordes of undead.

I'm not a massive fan of online, but I can see the attraction of a game like this, especially if you have loads of mates on LIVE.

Enjoy.
DancingOmelette
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 11:52 am Reply with quote

shiwayb wrote:
Why Cant We Just Have Video Reviews?

Because this is from PCGamer, a print magazine? And the finest PC Game print magazine there is, I wouldn't have it any other way.
ricflair
Kudos: 34

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 12:48 pm Reply with quote

StonecoldMC wrote:
If you played the first Game with friends it was full of water cooler moments, and the beauty was you get a different epxperience everytime you played it.

Im expecting better from the sequel and by all accounts it looks like Valve have succeeded (and to think they still have doubters Laughing ) in making the 2nd Game even better.

Only problem is, this or AC2? Think I might be trading in MW2 and picking them both up Very Happy !

I'm probably trading in MW2 - started playing the campaign again on harder difficulty and it's just the bloody same except you die quicker. Just phoned game and they'll give me £30 trade in, so I'm actually making money! Don't know about Gamestation, Blockbuster etc though.

Getting Muramasa instead of AC2 though! I can't wait for L4D2 (although £45 at Game seems steep), although I haven't played Crash Course as much as I thought I would.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 5:32 pm Reply with quote

something tells me this one will havbe inferior settings to the original.

the deep south??

i'd imagine it would be shopping malls and rooftops? Confused
Little Moth
Kudos: 29

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Played the demo and I absolutely loved it. I didn't buy the previous game but I've played the demo and Left 4 Dead 2 just feels so much better. So, I'll definitely be getting this.

Good review.
Chris W

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 9:45 pm Reply with quote

Played the demo, and was very impressed - much better graphics and the special zombies are awesome. I didn't really play the first one online much, it's better to play when you're sat next to your mates. It annoys me slightly that for the sake of a new weapon type, some new levels and 4 new characters they couldn't have patched it into the original L4D. I'd much rather be able to mix and match the new levels, characters and weapons with the old ones on one game than have two separate ones, no matter how good they both are... meh, who cares, I'll probably still end up buying this!
anakin22
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Totally agree with top poster:

Why can't we just have video reviews.

Their words + the seeing the game in motion, give you a much much better and true impression of the game.

And that's the idea of a good review, right cvg?

Until then we always have Gamespot, thank god.

But nice review anyway.
runadumb
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 17 Nov 09 10:53 pm Reply with quote

I played the 1st one to death and after trying the demo this just seems way to similar. I will buy it but during one of steams half price deals. Im in no hurry
kimoak
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 18 Nov 09 12:53 am Reply with quote

I have only just got my mates to buy the first one as it's cheap. So I'll be badgering them to get this one too. Double the fun with 4 player co-op campaigns.
svd_grasshopper
Kudos: 33

PostPosted: 18 Nov 09 1:28 pm Reply with quote

anakin22 wrote:

Their words + the seeing the game in motion, give you a much much better and true impression of the game.

But nice review anyway.

no, cvg is for reading at work.

video reviews are lame.
wildhook2
Kudos: 32

PostPosted: 18 Nov 09 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Tried the demo. God it is crap!

Kill, watch your back, kill, watch your back........
MPH
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 2:32 pm Reply with quote

I got my copy today. The useless bastards at Tesco Direct didn't dispatch the game until today so I took an early lunch and went and picked it up from Blockbuster.
anakin22
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 20 Nov 09 8:17 pm Reply with quote

svd_grasshopper wrote:
anakin22 wrote:

But nice review anyway.

no, cvg is for reading at work.

video reviews are lame.

Not as lame as you though.
legion
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 22 Nov 09 6:13 am Reply with quote

i had high hope's for this game but i must say it is almost unplayable offline because the a.i is the most pathetic i've ever seen i cant count how many time's they have just stopped moving and let the zombies simply kill them or stood right beside me while i got killed by a hunter or charger valve are more or less saying f**k anyone who play's offline rather than playing with guys who run off solo and die and the level design for most of the mission's is just not good enough.valve are so proud of their director a.i after two playthough's it become's obvious where everything will be placed and enemy's spawn,a few new guns and some weak ass infected not to mention still some of the worst server's around aint enough the 1st game is better the a.i is not half as pathetic and its a more closed quarter's game which make's it abit more tense and way more fun than having all the space you need to take down the now much slower tank's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: