You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Cult > Doctor Who and Torchwood > Guest star for s5 finale?
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Doctor Who and Torchwood Discuss all things Doctor Who right here!

Old 06-11-2009, 21:06   #1
vaughan6477
Forum Member

Guest star for s5 finale?

Suggestion from a usually reliable source on G'frey Base , that
spoiler:
Sheridan Smith
is set to appear in the finale of the first Moff/Matt Smith season. Not being said whether , if true , she'll be playing
spoiler:
Lucie Miller
but the potential appearance of
spoiler:
Cybermen
has also been mentioned
vaughan6477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 22:15   #2
CD93
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan6477 View Post
spoiler:
Sheridan Smith
is set to appear in the finale of the first Moff/Matt Smith season. Not being said whether , if true , she'll be playing
spoiler:
Lucie Miller
spoiler:
Cybermen
has also been mentioned
I'll probably turn off if that last one is true

spoiler:
Moff needs to come up with a lot of new, interesting and deep bad guys to keep my attention I'm afraid. Having an army of Daleks or cybermen invade the planet again before being wiped out and the day is saved...oh cliche.
CD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 22:23   #3
vaughan6477
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD93 View Post
I'll probably turn off if that last one is true

spoiler:
Moff needs to come up with a lot of new, interesting and deep bad guys to keep my attention I'm afraid. Having an army of Daleks or cybermen invade the planet again before being wiped out and the day is saved...oh cliche.
I do have faith that the bloke who made statues scary in Blink , will bring a lot of menace to any returning baddies
Old 06-11-2009, 22:29   #4
Black Guardian
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughan6477 View Post
spoiler:
Sheridan Smith
spoiler:
Lucie Miller
spoiler:
Cybermen
has also been mentioned
one can only hope he has his own vision of what the
spoiler:
Cybermen
should be, rather than the stomping, unmenacing figures with irritating and at times inaudible voices that have been depicted since the series came back. they got the design right but the scripts did not serve them particularly well imo.
Black Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 22:39   #5
vaughan6477
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Guardian View Post
spoiler:
Cybermen
should be, rather than the stomping, unmenacing figures with irritating and at times inaudible voices that have been depicted since the series came back. they got the design right but the scripts did not serve them particularly well imo.
Same poster has now said that , sorry it's spoilers again but they do have a good track record of inside info.

spoiler:
Sheridan Smith is potentially being set up as the companion following Amy Pond. It's suggested that Karen Gillan is only staying for one season , no reason why given , the actress has apparently been superb
. Possibly Amy isn't all she seems or is maybe a villain
Didn't spoiler that last sentence as it's my own thoughts
Old 06-11-2009, 23:05   #6
crazzyaz7
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Guardian View Post
spoiler:
Cybermen
Mmmm BG, you did a great job of hiding the name in a spoiler, only to give away the game with your precise description!!!!!

I like
spoiler:
Sheridan as lucie Miller

So have no problem if that is true....
crazzyaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 23:12   #7
Black Guardian
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzyaz7 View Post
Mmmm BG, you did a great job of hiding the name in a spoiler, only to give away the game with your precise description!!!!!

I like
spoiler:
Sheridan as lucie Miller

So have no problem if that is true....
oops! b*****! sorry folks.
Black Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:17   #8
David0056
Forum Member

I really hope this is true, I've been wishing for her to be the new companion for ages now!
David0056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:31   #9
JCR
Forum Member

Hmm, I think it's too early to know this stuff for sure, reading The Writers Tale shows you that nothings set in stone till it happens. It's also worth noting the GB poster in question, The Doctors Trainers, is of course not infallible, he swore blind for weeks that Paul McGann was going to be in The End of Time in a scene showing Genghis Khan's assembled hordes trying to get in the TARDIS. It could well be that he was deliberately fed bad information by the production office, but that could also be happening now.

Actually, methinks the most interesting thing he said was Gaiman's script might not be ready for the coming season, hence the denials. There is a plan B of course, which brings us back to nothing being set in stone.
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03   #10
Big Steve
Forum Member

Services: Sky +
spoiler:
If the cybermen are to return for the end of series five I really hope that Moff writes them really well. Also maybe this could be the return of the Mondas Cybers as well, cause as much as i love the cybermen as a villain I have felt that the RTD Cybus men have felt lacking
Big Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30   #11
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCR View Post
Hmm, I think it's too early to know this stuff for sure, reading The Writers Tale shows you that nothings set in stone till it happens. It's also worth noting the GB poster in question, The Doctors Trainers, is of course not infallible, he swore blind for weeks that Paul McGann was going to be in The End of Time in a scene showing Genghis Khan's assembled hordes trying to get in the TARDIS. It could well be that he was deliberately fed bad information by the production office, but that could also be happening now.

Actually, methinks the most interesting thing he said was Gaiman's script might not be ready for the coming season, hence the denials. There is a plan B of course, which brings us back to nothing being set in stone.
The Doctor's Trainers has been swearing blind that Paul McGann will appear in every series/the specials for over 18 months now. Some of his/her stuff came to pass, but the constant McGann hype never happens.

As for Gaiman's script, it's possible it might not be series 5 - after all, Jack Thorne has said he's either this series or the next, and the Writer's Tale tells us that they stock pile scripts up to and over a year in advance. We still have one from Gaitis that might be the story with
spoiler:
the Dalek
looking likely to now be in production, one from either Toby Whitehouse or Tom MacRae about
spoiler:
a haunted house
from series 4 still unproduced.

So Neil Gaiman's script might be being held of for series 6.

It might be Moffat wants one big name writer per series, so it's Curtis this series, Gaiman the next.
SpringheelJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41   #12
Salford_Who
Forum Member

Isn't someone mentioned in spoilers contracted to a
spoiler:
west end show
for a while? And therefore would have difficulty being available for filming?
Salford_Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59   #13
SpringheelJack
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salford_Who View Post
Isn't someone mentioned in spoilers contracted to a
spoiler:
west end show
for a while? And therefore would have difficulty being available for filming?
As I'd just be spoiler-ing little blocks here and there, I'll do the lot:

spoiler:
Depends on a) the days they shoot these alleged sequences as you get two days off in theatre normally, like a Sunday and Monday and b) whether they production cleared SS to have a day off and her understudy take over. Besides is Legally Blonde still previewing? So it's possible she might be allowed some time off now rather than when the full run starts after press night.

However, I can't see this being right,
spoiler:
at least it not being Lucie Miller, even if it is Sheridan Smith, as it would so mess up the licencing contracts between the Beeb and Big Finish.
SpringheelJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:56   #14
stcoop
Forum Member

According to someone who tried to book her for a Convention, Sheridan Smith is on stage in "Legally Blonde" until next October. And that comes straight from her Agent.
stcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:25   #15
JCR
Forum Member

Ian Levine just posted on GB that he heard rumours KG and MS are in "a similar situation to Tom and Lalla".

I'm sorry, I am a terrible gossip.
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote