You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Music > Leona's 'ECHO' is amazing!!
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music The place to talk about artists, records and gigs.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:39   #1
Arsene wenger
Forum Member

Services: Vote For The Worst: Vote Lloyd Daniels
Leona's 'ECHO' has leaked

Ok so the album has leaked... I've only listened to a few of the songs and tbh, this is shaping up to be the best record of the last 5 yrs... YES I am going there. It is a million times better than 'Spirit'.

OMH is gonna be a smash. The only downer so far is the hideous ft Tedder/onerepublic (dreadful band) track.

I'm so proud of LeLe. I think I'm gonna stan for her again. (I did stan for her but demoted myself to fan )
Arsene wenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 13:39   #2
Zack06
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene wenger View Post
Ok so the album has leaked... I've only listened to a few of the songs and tbh, this is shaping up to be the best record of the last 5 yrs... YES I am going there. It is a million times better than 'Spirit'.

OMH is gonna be a smash. The only downer so far is the hideous ft Tedder/onerepublic (dreadful band) track.

I'm so proud of LeLe. I think I'm gonna stan for her again. (I did stan for her but demoted myself to fan )
I totally agree the whole album is amazing!! Outta My Head is the #1 standout though, that track is phenomenal!! I don't like the final mix of Don't Let Me Down though, the leaked demo was fine as it was, there are too many added strings and effects on it now

Other than that really well done Leona and the cover of Oasis is really good. BTW what does 'stan' actually mean??
Zack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 13:41   #3
Ethereal
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack06 View Post
I totally agree the whole album is amazing!! Outta My Head is the #1 standout though, that track is phenomenal!! I don't like the final mix of Don't Let Me Down though, the leaked demo was fine as it was, there are too many added strings and effects on it now
I love the strings. Make it much better.

This album is amazing. I loved Spirit but it had a lot of filler. Echo is a million times better. Stand-outs:

I Got You
Can't Breathe
Brave
Outta My Head
My Hands
Naked
Broken
Don't Let Me Down
Alive
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 13:59   #4
Sidespin Nid
Forum Member

Services: Congrats Kim Clijsters and Juan Martin Del Potro - US Open Champions '09 :D
Best album of the year for me so far , tis a shame it's coming out the same week as Norah Jones' as they're two of my favorite artists.
Sidespin Nid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:00   #5
Wacky_Wippy
Forum Member

Its a solid album, its very much Snow Patrol/Coldplay route she is going, which I think suits her.

Outta My Head is amazing - it has to be a single. Max Martin never fails to deliver.
Wacky_Wippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:20   #6
.Mimi.
Forum Member

Link to leaks please? Thanks in advance.
.Mimi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:26   #7
gelbma0991
Forum Member

This album just makes Spirit looks like Child's play. I have to say for an XFactor winner, and an international album, Spirit was pretty good. But this album is just in another league.
I can't fault the album at all. Even though I think her other penned song should be on there instead of SCYHO, its still a pretty awesome song.

Her vocals have improved YET again. Brilliant!
gelbma0991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:38   #8
musicdude
Forum Member

Thanks for informing me about a leak. I will give my view tomoz. I am suprised JLS's hasn't leaked yet. Quite early for LeLe
musicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 15:25   #9
MTAG
Forum Member

Services: Sky Digital, Freeview, Plus Internet, BT
I have got this on pre-order, i cant wait to get it if you say its great. I love Leona
MTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 16:12   #10
kutox
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack06 View Post

Other than that really well done Leona and the cover of Oasis is really good. BTW what does 'stan' actually mean??
in the context of what OP was saying, i would guess it's a reference to the character in the Eminem song.
kutox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 16:20   #11
Ethereal
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutox View Post
in the context of what OP was saying, i would guess it's a reference to the character in the Eminem song.
It's a combination of stalker and fan I believe.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 16:25   #12
musicdude
Forum Member

Yet to hear the full album and form an opinion, but this album is very different from her first which what we were promised. So i glad of that.

I don't wanna another innocent album full of ballads and maybe the odd upbeat song.
musicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 16:31   #13
.Mimi.
Forum Member

Any links to the leak? Where is it? thanks
.Mimi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 18:04   #14
cultsam
Forum Member

is this leak full hq? if its equal quality to the real thing i'll just have this one!
cultsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 18:49   #15
Wacky_Wippy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicdude View Post
Yet to hear the full album and form an opinion, but this album is very different from her first which what we were promised. So i glad of that.

I don't wanna another innocent album full of ballads and maybe the odd upbeat song.

It is ballads but different I suppose, its hard to explain. Its very good - its a rockier side... a Snow Patrol/Coldplay side.
Wacky_Wippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 19:07   #16
LoveBug.
Forum Member

Services: For such a pretty face, boy your such a waste!
Brillant!!
LoveBug. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 19:42   #17
suniil
Forum Member

Not lossless quality, 320 or 256 kbps IIRC. Worth to have it until the physical CD arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultsam View Post
is this leak full hq? if its equal quality to the real thing i'll just have this one!
suniil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 22:34   #18
LucyKay18
Forum Member

I got you and outta my head are my favs so far.
LucyKay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 23:37   #19
AdzBrown
Forum Member

The Oasis cover is stunning, Outta My Head is amazing and both should definately be singles. I guess if she does another Live Lounge the cover will be Oasis.
AdzBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 00:57   #20
SuperCheese
Forum Member

Services: Virgin Media XL Package
Wow.

I was expecting Spirit 2.0, but it's really good! Spirit was also good, but really boring after a while, but Echo is brilliant! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it. Her Oasis cover was fab too.
SuperCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:09   #21
gelbma0991
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzBrown View Post
The Oasis cover is stunning, Outta My Head is amazing and both should definately be singles. I guess if she does another Live Lounge the cover will be Oasis.
I actually REALLY hope she doesn't do SCYHO for LL, Run was a special thing and you can guarantee everyone will say she's just trying to do Run all over again. I think it should stick to being an album only song and never go outside of that lol, unless she sings it on tour... that would be nice ha.

I deffo like this more than spirit, the tracks are all very individual and nothing is 'boring' or 'skippable' to me, there's only about 5/6 songs off Spirit (UK version) that I play, the rest seem quite filler and are played on occasion. I can't get over how good Broken is, it's amazing. I heart this album haha.
gelbma0991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:55   #22
gladiator18
Forum Member

Services: 1.The Beatles 2. G/F
The Oasis cover is Shit. Has anybody even heard the original? Whyd she have to do an Oasis cover for? Cant she just stick to her xfactor crap.

She is better when she just does her own songs or songs that other people have wrote for her, because im guessing she doesnt write her own songs. Her version of Run was also worse than Snow Patrols.

She better not go on xfactor and perform SCYHO and ruin the song.
gladiator18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:16   #23
MikePJB
Forum Member

She actually has 9 writing credits on her album, being the main writer on 6 of them.

Don't worry she won't be going on X-Factor and making the song better , she'll be performing Happy.
MikePJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:27   #24
gladiator18
Forum Member

Services: 1.The Beatles 2. G/F
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePJB View Post
She actually has 9 writing credits on her album, being the main writer on 6 of them.

Don't worry she won't be going on X-Factor and making the song better , she'll be performing Happy.
Bet she doesnt even know what the song is about. Noel Gallagher didnt write the song so that someone can screech all over it. If i hadnt heard the far better original, then i wouldve liked this version, but fact is the original absolutely kills Leonas version.

Thank **** for that, glad she wont be singing the cover of that on that pub show, she should just stick to her own work because some of her songs are decent.

Though im not surprised that she writes most of them, not exactly Lennons songwriting skills

Btw, sorry if my posts sound OTT, had a bit of a drink lol.
gladiator18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:52   #25
MikePJB
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator18 View Post
Bet she doesnt even know what the song is about. Noel Gallagher didnt write the song so that someone can screech all over it. If i hadnt heard the far better original, then i wouldve liked this version, but fact is the original absolutely kills Leonas version.

Thank **** for that, glad she wont be singing the cover of that on that pub show, she should just stick to her own work because some of her songs are decent.

Though im not surprised that she writes most of them, not exactly Lennons songwriting skills

Btw, sorry if my posts sound OTT, had a bit of a drink lol.
Why wouldn't she know what the song is about? Also there's no need to diss her songwriting skills as I bet you haven't heard any of the other track from 'Echo', but I suppose thats personal opinion. Personally I find Leona's version better. I don't even like Oasis, not my thing. Maybe you need to lay of the drink for tonight lol.
MikePJB is offline   Reply With Quote