You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > Shut up Robbie and shut up now! (Part 5)
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 04-09-2009, 21:33   #1
Miss_Moo
Forum Member

Shut up Robbie and shut up now! (Part 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkidontheblok View Post
Yep - and a VERY hefty %of royalties
Does Robbie actually write any songs himself?
Miss_Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53   #2
Aberdeen Angus
Forum Member

I'm not bothered if he writes is own songs I just want to know what he was doing in LA?
Aberdeen Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:13   #3
Aberdeen Angus
Forum Member

If video killed the radio star what did film do to the video star?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:24   #4
Lakeuk
Forum Member

Services: FreeSat, FTA-DSAT, FTA-SKY, DAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdeen Angus View Post
I'm not bothered if he writes is own songs I just want to know what he was doing in LA?
It's were everyone in the entertainment industry goes for long working holidays, been happening since the 60's
Lakeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:46   #5
Aberdeen Angus
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeuk View Post
It's were everyone in the entertainment industry goes for long working holidays, been happening since the 60's
so he was there 'working'?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:53   #6
Lakeuk
Forum Member

Quote:
so he was there 'working'?
Yes, have you heard all his hard work this week
Old 05-09-2009, 15:20   #7
Aberdeen Angus
Forum Member

Quote:
I thought it was where everyone went to go and do films.
Old 05-09-2009, 16:05   #8
alison65
Forum Member

Quote:
to get away from the nasty, sniping media that constantly wants to run him down and compare him unfavourably to Take That, make out he is running to rejoin TT when it is so untrue, who say he is finished and that Rudebox was a flop when it wasn't, so that he can live somewhere where he is accepted and liked , unlike in the UK. Who can blame him?
alison65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 16:20   #9
weedledeedle
Forum Member

Services: Sky+HD BTopenworld broadband O2 for me moby
Quote:
Originally Posted by alison65 View Post
to get away from the nasty, sniping media that constantly wants to run him down and compare him unfavourably to Take That, make out he is running to rejoin TT when it is so untrue, who say he is finished and that Rudebox was a flop when it wasn't, so that he can live somewhere where he is accepted and liked , unlike in the UK. Who can blame him?
ummmmmmmmmmm I *think* he went to the US to "make it big" as he felt he had reached the pinnacle of his "music career" here

nothing hurts more than being a flop in the US and AFAIK he hasn't been accepted......

and IMO Rudebox WAS rubbish - I bought it, played it once, thought it was pants and put it on the shelf and has never been played since.......

and I thought Robbie was the bee's knees

now though, it's true his ego has landed and it's a painful bump for him.

I don't think he will ever regain the success he once had - not unless he makes it up with Guy Chambers and that is not ever likely to happen!!
weedledeedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 16:29   #10
alison65
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedledeedle View Post
ummmmmmmmmmm I *think* he went to the US to "make it big" as he felt he had reached the pinnacle of his "music career" here

nothing hurts more than being a flop in the US and AFAIK he hasn't been accepted......

and IMO Rudebox WAS rubbish - I bought it, played it once, thought it was pants and put it on the shelf and has never been played since.......

I don't think he will ever regain the success he once had - not unless he makes it up with Guy Chambers and that is not ever likely to happen!!
You "think" - but you don't really do much of that do you? Your post is utter rubbish - just say the nastiest thing you can think of about Robbie and write it down. That is why he lived in LA.
Old 05-09-2009, 16:45   #11
Lakeuk
Forum Member

Quote:

At least know what you're talking about when making such a bold statements.

I'm not a fan of Robbie in the sense I buy all his music but I do like some of his music, if you do some simple research you'll find his only attempt to crack the US music market was in way back in 1999 and since then he's made no more attempts at cracking that market and concentrated on producing music for countries he's already popular in.
Old 05-09-2009, 16:51   #12
weedledeedle
Forum Member

Quote:
You "think" - but you don't really do much of that do you? Your post is utter rubbish - just say the nastiest thing you can think of about Robbie and write it down. That is why he lived in LA.
cogito, ergo sum - I think, therefore I am

I *think* because I have an opinion and I have every right to pass on the benefit of my "opinion", whether you like it or not

I might think your post was utter rubbish

and to clarify, I was not being nasty about Robbie - why would I be?? tsk tsk you cannot quantify that comment at all!

I said that *I* thought Robbie was the bee's knees! Should you ever have the opportunity to rummage through my CD collection and all the music on my MP3 player, you will note that I have EVERY CD Robbie has made.....

.........now, if I wanted to be nasty about him
I still could, provided I wasn't being libellous or blasphemous! Free opinions and all that palaver
Old 05-09-2009, 16:58   #13
alison65
Forum Member

Quote:
cogito, ergo sum - I think, therefore I am

I *think* because I have an opinion and I have every right to pass on the benefit of my "opinion", whether you like it or not

I might think your post was utter rubbish

and to clarify, I was not being nasty about Robbie - why would I be?? tsk tsk you cannot quantify that comment at all!

I said that *I* thought Robbie was the bee's knees! Should you ever have the opportunity to rummage through my CD collection and all the music on my MP3 player, you will note that I have EVERY CD Robbie has made.....

.........now, if I wanted to be nasty about him
I still could, provided I wasn't being libellous or blasphemous! Free opinions and all that palaver
I find posters like you offensive and I cannot even be bothered to reply anymore. I just hope Rob nevers reads DS because if he did, he would be straight back to LA because of narrow minded , "opinionated" , self righteous , people like you who know **d all about his life, his thoughts, his music or anything really except sitting here making nasty comments and unsubstantiated criticisms .
Old 05-09-2009, 17:11   #14
popalong
Forum Member

Quote:
At least know what you're talking about when making such a bold statements.

I'm not a fan of Robbie in the sense I buy all his music but I do like some of his music, if you do some simple research you'll find his only attempt to crack the US music market was in way back in 1999 and since then he's made no more attempts at cracking that market and concentrated on producing music for countries he's already popular in.
Then why did he promote his Escapology album on Good Morning America and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno?

As you say, at least know what you're talking about when making such bold statements.
popalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 17:21   #15
Miss_Moo
Forum Member

RW was charging people £25 to become part of The Inner Sanctum on his website. Part of the perks of this was that you could read interviews with RW exclusively on there. Imagine how many fans were annoyed when he did an interview with a UFO website for free and then put it on TIS!

I've noticed that TIS no longer exists. Anyone know why?
Old 05-09-2009, 17:46   #16
weedledeedle
Forum Member

Quote:
I find posters like you offensive and I cannot even be bothered to reply anymore. I just hope Rob nevers reads DS because if he did, he would be straight back to LA because of narrow minded , "opinionated" , self righteous , people like you who know **d all about his life, his thoughts, his music or anything really except sitting here making nasty comments and unsubstantiated criticisms .
regardless of whether you will read this or not...........

*stands on a soapbox and shouts into a megaphone*

I WAS NOT BEING NASTY ABOUT ROBBIE!!!!!

FOR GAWD'S SAKE!!!!

I only said that I thought Rudebox was pants!!!!!!!!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezussssss!
Old 05-09-2009, 18:05   #17
Rose Petals
Forum Member

Services: Simon, Howard, MJ, Boy George, Pete, Robert
Why did he live in LA? Hot, sunny, better climate, posh, living it up with all the A-listers. Why have pish and Bucks gone to live in LA? Partly the same reason.

Anyway, he's back living in the UK now.
Rose Petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 18:52   #18
sheldon cooper
Forum Member

Services: Birthdays and Christmas only - outside that I WILL be charging
Quote:
I can't imagine why he would want to regain the success that he had, from what he has said it did everything but make him happy. Maybe he has just found a way to put his demons to rest, make music that he enjoys and live life the way he wants to live it. Without all the hysterics and ranting that used to accompany the old life.
sheldon cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:44   #19
Aberdeen Angus
Forum Member

Quote:

I agree with everything in your post because on Swing When You're Winning he stated "I will talk and Hollywood will listen". The ego has crash landed.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:48   #20
soullover
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalong View Post
Then why did he promote his Escapology album on Good Morning America and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno?

As you say, at least know what you're talking about when making such bold statements.
I don't know why people get so concerned about Robbie cracking America. It's not as if the artists who manage to are the epitome of amazing originality and talent (just look at Susan Boyle )
soullover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:05   #21
kittomic
Forum Member

Services: James Sutton's Cheerleader
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullover View Post
I don't know why people get so concerned about Robbie cracking America. It's not as if the artists who manage to are the epitome of amazing originality and talent (just look at Susan Boyle )
Great post.

Didn't we miss Robbie! Aren't we glad he's back?

I've missed him.

I missed Jonny too.
kittomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 14:31   #22
TallPoppyCutter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Moo View Post
RW was charging people £25 to become part of The Inner Sanctum on his website. Part of the perks of this was that you could read interviews with RW exclusively on there. Imagine how many fans were annoyed when he did an interview with a UFO website for free and then put it on TIS!

I've noticed that TIS no longer exists. Anyone know why?
Just like to say that it isn't a UFO site but the most popular conspiracy site on the net called abovetopsecret dot com.
I'm a member there and was totally shocked that Robbie posted there and is a member called ChrisOnABike.......and he's had a lot of strange eerie experiences in the studio that he talked to them about. Very interesting......

But I digress, do carry on.......
TallPoppyCutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 15:18   #23
Unigal07
Forum Member

Services: Liverpool FC, X Factor, Doctor Who.
Well I like Robbie. That's all

I'm pleased he's back.
Unigal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 15:22   #24
Miss_Moo
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppyCutter View Post
Just like to say that it isn't a UFO site but the most popular conspiracy site on the net called abovetopsecret dot com.
I'm a member there and was totally shocked that Robbie posted there and is a member called ChrisOnABike.......and he's had a lot of strange eerie experiences in the studio that he talked to them about. Very interesting......

But I digress, do carry on.......
I stand corrected.
Old 06-09-2009, 17:45   #25
Aberdeen Angus
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppyCutter View Post
I'm a member there and was totally shocked that Robbie posted there and is a member called ChrisOnABike.......
What? Chris Brigs? ie Robert G Willaims? The only conspiracy here is that Robbie Williams is going to break America.