You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > Who are you following on Twitter?
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 02-11-2009, 13:14   #2126
the heroine
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxmale1981 View Post
Only thing is, it all seems a bit odd really - I don't know anyone else personally with a Twitter account (even though I have a fair few friends on Facebook) - in some respects it just seems like a way of finding out what everyone else (in particular celebrities) is doing, but that seems only half of the fun if hardly anyone is following you.

Have I misinterpreted the Twitter thing?
I enjoy Twitter because it's a way to connect to people with similar interests to me, like a creative outlet (for me just a way to complain about the X Factor contestants ). I have Facebook for social networking. It does a while to get into it properly, though.
the heroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 13:27   #2127
seaneeboy
Forum Member

Services: Virgin Media: XL TV with V+, M BB, M Phone
Facebook = Old friends
Twitter = New friends
seaneeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 14:36   #2128
.Mimi.
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_Natz_xX View Post
http://twitter.com/xxnattiexx i could do with some more followers
I've sent a request to follow you
.Mimi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:01   #2129
Tori's Soapbox
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneeboy View Post
Facebook = Old friends
Twitter = New friends
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that although I have made some good friends on Twitter who I now have on Facebook
Tori's Soapbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 21:50   #2130
oxmale1981
Forum Member

Services: Freeview, Mobile Broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by the heroine View Post
I enjoy Twitter because it's a way to connect to people with similar interests to me, like a creative outlet (for me just a way to complain about the X Factor contestants ). I have Facebook for social networking. It does a while to get into it properly, though.
Yeah, but how do you find these people and what if they don't want to talk to you?
oxmale1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:58   #2131
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, but how do you find these people and what if they don't want to talk to you?
You can find celebs through www.twitter.com/valebrity and otherwise you can use search.twitter.com to put in search words and find people that way if they don't talk to you, I guess you can either keep trying or unfollow them
Two Left Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:59   #2132
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutmotive View Post
I've recently had a cull off celebrities who I followed. Seemed like a novelty to follow celebs and now it's worn off. I keep the ones who tweet lots and are vaguely interested and who (sometimes) reply back. Otherwise it's just most of you lot and some friends.

Me - http://twitter.com/withoutmotive
I am still culling the celebrities, I want to have people who will interact with me and slowly but surely I am removing the celebrities. I find it more interesting having non celebs anyway
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40   #2133
BeethovensPiano
Forum Member

There's more to twitter than vacuous celebrities though.
BeethovensPiano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11   #2134
Rugby Rose
Forum Member

Services: @rugbyrose
Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutmotive View Post
I've recently had a cull off celebrities who I followed. Seemed like a novelty to follow celebs and now it's worn off. I keep the ones who tweet lots and are vaguely interested and who (sometimes) reply back. Otherwise it's just most of you lot and some friends.

Me - http://twitter.com/withoutmotive
Same here. Had a celebrity cull of those that don't interact, just flogging their wares or just plain dull and will have another more harsh one soon. Much prefer talking to the peeps from DS and the other folk I've got to know through Twitter. Some really lovely interesting folk about, much more interesting than the celebs and a hell of a lot more interactive. Never really intended to use Twitter to be just a tool to interact with celebs anyway, it's more of an added bonus. It's the real folk that interest me.

Just trying to summon up the willpower to delete the majority of the rugby players I'm following. Although barely anyone talks to them and they have maybe 3 responses to something they've said they still manage to ignore me. It's just rude and all most of them are on Twitter for is an ego stroke and to flog their fledgling businesses. Very, very disappointed, turns out they aren't gentlemen afterall, not the ones on Twitter anyway. James Haskell is so full of himself its unreal - never known anyone post so many photos of themselves, jesus, the ego on that man! The exceptions are Phil Vickery and Ian McGeechan who are just lovely, had little chats with them and both have followed me back. Ian McG even responded to my little whinge last week about the rugby players on Twitter being up their own backsides - he kindly assured me that the guys on the Lions tour were a friendly down to earth bunch who were still very approachable. It seems its the younger ones who are more interested in being a celebrity than a player with the problem.

Will Carling also follows me but has never responded to anything I've said, which hasn't been very much to be fair.
Rugby Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:33   #2135
Dr.Phlox
Forum Member

Location: Worktime? Twixt Heathrow and RAF Northolt - guess who's going deaf!? Time off: The Tractor-Loving end of East Angular
Services: No services please, just sacrificial offerings of young virgins.
Following the 2600.com guys, Rob Llewellyn, Eliza Dushku (Buffy/Tru Calling/Dollhouse), Dichen Lachman (Neighbours/Dollhouse), Miracle Laurie (Dollhouse), Julie Benz (Buffy/Dexter), Davina McCall, Chris Moyles and a few of you lot on here!

Julie, Eliza & Dichen seem really nice people!

Me= www.twitter.com/dkgame

Oh and if anyone follows me who I see is a corporate account for anything and just advertising you will be blocked and reported for spam!
Dr.Phlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 13:56   #2136
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby Rose View Post
Same here. Had a celebrity cull of those that don't interact, just flogging their wares or just plain dull and will have another more harsh one soon. Much prefer talking to the peeps from DS and the other folk I've got to know through Twitter. Some really lovely interesting folk about, much more interesting than the celebs and a hell of a lot more interactive. Never really intended to use Twitter to be just a tool to interact with celebs anyway, it's more of an added bonus. It's the real folk that interest me.

Just trying to summon up the willpower to delete the majority of the rugby players I'm following. Although barely anyone talks to them and they have maybe 3 responses to something they've said they still manage to ignore me. It's just rude and all most of them are on Twitter for is an ego stroke and to flog their fledgling businesses. Very, very disappointed, turns out they aren't gentlemen afterall, not the ones on Twitter anyway. James Haskell is so full of himself its unreal - never known anyone post so many photos of themselves, jesus, the ego on that man! The exceptions are Phil Vickery and Ian McGeechan who are just lovely, had little chats with them and both have followed me back. Ian McG even responded to my little whinge last week about the rugby players on Twitter being up their own backsides - he kindly assured me that the guys on the Lions tour were a friendly down to earth bunch who were still very approachable. It seems its the younger ones who are more interested in being a celebrity than a player with the problem.

Will Carling also follows me but has never responded to anything I've said, which hasn't been very much to be fair.
I feel the same way. Most celebrities don't even tweet themselves anyway, usually one of their "team" so slowly but surely removing them. I did like a lot of the celebs at first but I want interaction and most don't provide it.

I feel the same way about two cricketers, Swanny and Anderson, I have never seen them even reply to one person but I find Swanny funny and one day I will have to remove him
Old 03-11-2009, 14:22   #2137
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Services: Sky HD, Sky Talk & Sky Broadband
I'm a huge fan of Kevin Smith and his work and an even bigger fan of Eddie Izzard but I lasted about a week before I stopped following them - Eddie's tweets were just dull and his interaction was next to nothing.
JasonWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 14:46   #2138
Rugby Rose
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Left Boots View Post
I feel the same way. Most celebrities don't even tweet themselves anyway, usually one of their "team" so slowly but surely removing them. I did like a lot of the celebs at first but I want interaction and most don't provide it.

I feel the same way about two cricketers, Swanny and Anderson, I have never seen them even reply to one person but I find Swanny funny and one day I will have to remove him
That's like John Cleese, I don't think he interacts much and he doesn't post very often but when he does he's hilarious. Going to keep him though.

A good cull is like a good cleanse. Really can't be surrounding myself with those huge egos, it's really not pleasant. Having said that there are some genuine and genuinely nice celebs on there and some are very interactive which I'm happy to keep... for now.
Old 03-11-2009, 15:42   #2139
seaneeboy
Forum Member

Services: Virgin Media: XL TV with V+, M BB, M Phone
How to use lists:
http://mashable.com/2009/11/02/twitter-lists-guide/
seaneeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 16:09   #2140
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
That's like John Cleese, I don't think he interacts much and he doesn't post very often but when he does he's hilarious. Going to keep him though.

A good cull is like a good cleanse. Really can't be surrounding myself with those huge egos, it's really not pleasant. Having said that there are some genuine and genuinely nice celebs on there and some are very interactive which I'm happy to keep... for now.
I know and most of them wouldn't reply to anyone, just talk nonsense to other celebrities so slowly removing them from my twitter.

I find Swanny hilarious, his tweets are so off the wall but most of them are utterly tedious. I have to keep Peter Andre, Philip Schofield, Holly Willoughby, Sinitta, Katie Price and bumblecricket. The rest I am not so bothered with

I removed Alexandra Burke - the most highly irritating person on there. Removed JLS - another irritant and those saturdays had to go too.
Old 03-11-2009, 17:03   #2141
Agent Krycek
Forum Member

Services: Whatever David or Jake require
Must admit I've culled a few lately, and the person pretending to be someone elses dog may have to go, mainly because I'm getting very tempted to follow two other people pretending to be some other people's dogs (if that makes any sense )

Culled Matt Lucas about 2 days after following him, just posted drivel. Favs are probably David Cook, plus Neal and Andy (his band mates) and Dave Gorman - all post random, chatty stuff (okay, Neal's do tend to be mainly about beer and tattoos) and not an endless stream of 'I'm appearing here, there or whereever, don't I have a fabulous life'
Agent Krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 17:43   #2142
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Krycek View Post
Must admit I've culled a few lately, and the person pretending to be someone elses dog may have to go, mainly because I'm getting very tempted to follow two other people pretending to be some other people's dogs (if that makes any sense )

Culled Matt Lucas about 2 days after following him, just posted drivel. Favs are probably David Cook, plus Neal and Andy (his band mates) and Dave Gorman - all post random, chatty stuff (okay, Neal's do tend to be mainly about beer and tattoos) and not an endless stream of 'I'm appearing here, there or whereever, don't I have a fabulous life'
Lol i admit to following little miss olga from the paul o grady show. Haha but seriously most are tiresome. The best celeb to interact has to be Beverley knight, she is brilliant.
Old 03-11-2009, 18:12   #2143
goode family
Forum Member

Services: Sky
I follow liz taylor and I like seeing intothe world of a hollywood legend and her day today life. That iswhy twitter is good. You see the daily lives of celebrities.
goode family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:56   #2144
steven cardwell
Forum Member

Services: Sky Digital, O2 Broadband, Twitter (@cardy1970)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Left Boots View Post

Same here, once all the initial "fun" of following celebs, it does get a bit boring as most seem to like to talk to themself or to the stalkers who probably send them several messages a day, so most, unless they follow back have been culled.

Also, and this might sound nasty, but i have started to cull, people that don't follow back, due to getting a lot of spam followers, it meant protecting my tweets, so not sure if non-followers back can see my messages, plus i am of the type that is it good to follow someone back that follows you, and vice versa.
steven cardwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 19:02   #2145
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven cardwell View Post
Same here, once all the initial "fun" of following celebs, it does get a bit boring as most seem to like to talk to themself or to the stalkers who probably send them several messages a day, so most, unless they follow back have been culled.

Also, and this might sound nasty, but i have started to cull, people that don't follow back, due to getting a lot of spam followers, it meant protecting my tweets, so not sure if non-followers back can see my messages, plus i am of the type that is it good to follow someone back that follows you, and vice versa.
If you type them an @personsname they will see it. They just won't see the rest of the tweets you make. Initially I thought it was great fun seeing what the likes of Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson & co did but I just got bored of it and I am deleting them as I go. No point in following people who will never tweet back.
Old 03-11-2009, 19:12   #2146
oxmale1981
Forum Member

Services: Freeview, Mobile Broadband
I decided to quit Twitter - for good. No-one was really interacting with me, and I didn't want just a page of celebrity stuff that would only make me feel lousy about my own inferior life! Good for some, but not for me I guess. I'll stick to Facebook where (I think) people are interested in what I have to say!
oxmale1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 19:20   #2147
the heroine
Forum Member

Quote:
Most of the people I chat to on there started a conversation about a trending topic, like Strictly or Question Time.
the heroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 20:10   #2148
Two Left Boots
Forum Member

Quote:
I decided to quit Twitter - for good. No-one was really interacting with me, and I didn't want just a page of celebrity stuff that would only make me feel lousy about my own inferior life! Good for some, but not for me I guess. I'll stick to Facebook where (I think) people are interested in what I have to say!
Did you try and add people? search popular trending topics, plenty of people on there to interact with.
Old 03-11-2009, 22:07   #2149
Rugby Rose
Forum Member

Some kind folk have already done DS lists with the new facility on Twitter. The Heroine could always join in with us lot, I've got to know many wonderful and fascinating people from this thread. We're a friendly bunch and it's how most of us started and happily continue along with getting to know lots of other people along the way too. Some are Twitter contacts/friends of DSers or people that have found me through my profile or my tweets on certain subjects so we have similar interests or I've found them through the same means.

Ah, it was Lemon Fairy who created the DS list, I'm sure she won't mind me sharing the link here -

http://twitter.com/LemonFairy89/digital-spy/members

Not sure whether everyone will be included, I doubt it, there's so many in this thread and I've also noticed that some I've followed who shout out here don't follow back so I'm not following them now either. Childish but fair.
Old 03-11-2009, 23:12   #2150
Tori's Soapbox
Forum Member

Quote:

Not sure whether everyone will be included, I doubt it, there's so many in this thread and I've also noticed that some I've followed who shout out here don't follow back so I'm not following them now either. Childish but fair.
Quite so, me as well
Tori's Soapbox is offline   Reply With Quote