You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > Fiona Phillips (merged) (Part 2)
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 01-11-2007, 01:37   #51
The Kenz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Girl View Post
Does anybody know if Fiona is actually a qualified, trained journalist or just a pretty face? I never understand how she can get away with these "non" interviews that she does. She never asks any probing intelligent questions, just acccepts whatever the person wants to say regardless if it is correct or not. She merrily says she is impartial regarding the McCann case but never asks Clarence or any other member of the family any questions. What is the point of her at all? Perhaps she should be a weather girl.
I would have thought that the answer was obvious - NEITHER!!

The only exceptions to her lamb-like interviewing style are when she's interviewing non-Labour politicians, when she changes into a cross between a rottweiler, Jeremy Paxman & Heather Mills......

.....and of course when Donny Osmond is on she manages to pay attention and listen to what's been said. Pity the poor cleaners who have to mop the floor afterwards, though.
The Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 14:27   #52
Mercian
Forum Member

On the fairly few occasions I watch that sheer drivel of a program GMTV it's only for a good laugh at the muppet presenters.

Fiona Phillips is such a waste of space in so many ways that she is beyond redemption - she behaves like an adolescent schoolgirl most of the time but as I say, I just enjoy having a laugh at her expense. In fact I don't like any of the silly women on the program - they remind me of the silly little girlies back in my days in school - obsessed with irrelevant celebrity nonsense.

It's no surprise that the vast majority of viewers are female - they like that sort of thing. Indeed, the whole ethos of GMTV is based on feminist ideology in my opinion, and all sensible people (mostly men) know that feminism is based on lies and misrepresentation of facts.

As for the male presenters - they all seem to be chronic manginas - only allowed to be there because they abide by the feminist agenda. I remember the time when a new weather boy appeared on the program who soon showed that he was not a suitable mangina - needless to say he didn't last long. I laughed when the referred to Penny Smith as just that - Penny Smith - the look on the face of Eamonn Holmes said it all - "You won't last long here, mate!" How right he was.

The other day they discussed the matter of office gossip and disruptive office inter-personal relationships, and all the characters shown in the film clip were male, as it it's only males who cause problems in the office! How far from the reality of it all that was!

And this morning, virtually all round sympathy was shown for that woman Heather Mills in her "battle" with Paul McCartney. But what else would you expect - it's GMTV after all!
Mercian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 14:44   #53
tom0101

Fellow Fiona fans, I shall be deleting my account because I won't be able to come on for a while plus I've made a bit of a fool of myself over the past few months I'll be back in the near future under a new name (you will know its me ) and when I do return I expect this thread to still be going

Keep up the tales of the orange one ... but my final post in the forum on this account is here, the thread I have contributed the most and I have to say how surprised I was at her being on again this morning
Old 01-11-2007, 14:58   #54
Dancing Queen
Forum Member

Services: ♥ Freeview - it's FREE! ♥
oh no -where are you going? We'll miss you http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/PusscGalore/1.jpg
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 15:04   #55
tom0101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
oh no -where are you going? We'll miss you http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/PusscGalore/1.jpg
Moving So obviously my internet won't be back on for about a month and I've made some pretty stupid posts whilst I've been on here so I took it as an opportunity to get a new account and rid of all the daft posts attached to me but I will be back in a month or so and think how much anger over Fiona will build up in a month I will let you all know when I'm back
Old 01-11-2007, 15:11   #56
Sloopy
Forum Member

Don't worry, we shall keep the flag waving proudly in your absence.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 15:14   #57
Murraymar
Forum Member

Services: Sky, Eircom Broadband
Good luck Tom0101 with the move. No doubt she'll be up to her tricks over the next month, so you'll have a lot of pages to catch up on.
Murraymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 15:18   #58
tvqueen1905
Forum Member

Services: Supporting Sophie
why will it take a month for you to get the internet?
tvqueen1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 15:19   #59
tvqueen1905
Forum Member

i didn't expect to see her this morning
Old 01-11-2007, 15:30   #60
Sloopy
Forum Member

Maybe it's because Kate's still doing Strictly Come Dancing - although I can't see that lasting for much longer.
Old 01-11-2007, 15:39   #61
fitnessqueen
Forum Member

Byee Tom0101- see you soon- hope the move goes OK!

I am wondering whether Fi reads this forum or has been made aware of its contents:-

1. She is not so orange anymore

2. She seemed to be actually quite matey with "Call me Dave" Cameron this morning instead of going for him like a rabid rottweiler.

3. She no longer interviews Gordon- just laughs loudly at all his jokes off camera so we know she is there.

4. Has made no mention that i have heard of "Neema the little girl I sponsor" since she got back from Africa.

Oh and how much was she loving the fact that the Heather Mills interview had "gone global" this morning!
fitnessqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 15:42   #62
tvqueen1905
Forum Member

Toms gone

Do you think FiFi reads this forum?
Old 01-11-2007, 19:40   #63
mattyp05
Forum Member

Services: Sky+, BT Broadband, and MSN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvqueen1905 View Post
Toms gone

Do you think FiFi reads this forum?
Nah, she probably don't even know how to use the internet. It's a bit too geeky for her liking. Besides she doesn't want to become a saddo like us.
mattyp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 19:41   #64
Sloopy
Forum Member

Fifi trawling through internet forums full of sad, lonely geeks with no life?? Perish the thought!!
Old 01-11-2007, 19:56   #65
SolarSail
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessqueen View Post
2. She seemed to be actually quite matey with "Call me Dave" Cameron this morning instead of going for him like a rabid rottweiler...

Really?!!?

I so rarely see MTV (yeah me! ) and I thought she was standing in for the Labour Party spin doctors when I saw that interview.

How unprofessional

(can you tell I'm not a paid up member of this thread?)
SolarSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 19:59   #66
Sloopy
Forum Member

By Fifi's usual poor standards it was actually quite a tame interview!

Mind you, she doesn't normally do Thursdays so maybe she was hoping to get out of the studio as quick as possible.
Old 01-11-2007, 20:56   #67
evangeline007
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Very poor research on her behalf, in that sense she's a bit like Natasha Kerplunksky who make huge gaffes all the time.
Fiona is just so unprofessional.
Prefer her to Natasha anyday. Natasha has to be the most uncharismatic woman on Tv today.
evangeline007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 21:07   #68
The Prumeister
Forum Member

Services: Sky+,NTL Broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercian View Post
On the fairly few occasions I watch that sheer drivel of a program GMTV it's only for a good laugh at the muppet presenters.

Fiona Phillips is such a waste of space in so many ways that she is beyond redemption - she behaves like an adolescent schoolgirl most of the time but as I say, I just enjoy having a laugh at her expense. In fact I don't like any of the silly women on the program - they remind me of the silly little girlies back in my days in school - obsessed with irrelevant celebrity nonsense.

It's no surprise that the vast majority of viewers are female - they like that sort of thing. Indeed, the whole ethos of GMTV is based on feminist ideology in my opinion, and all sensible people (mostly men) know that feminism is based on lies and misrepresentation of facts.

As for the male presenters - they all seem to be chronic manginas - only allowed to be there because they abide by the feminist agenda. I remember the time when a new weather boy appeared on the program who soon showed that he was not a suitable mangina - needless to say he didn't last long. I laughed when the referred to Penny Smith as just that - Penny Smith - the look on the face of Eamonn Holmes said it all - "You won't last long here, mate!" How right he was.

The other day they discussed the matter of office gossip and disruptive office inter-personal relationships, and all the characters shown in the film clip were male, as it it's only males who cause problems in the office! How far from the reality of it all that was!

And this morning, virtually all round sympathy was shown for that woman Heather Mills in her "battle" with Paul McCartney. But what else would you expect - it's GMTV after all!

You complain that Fiona is like an adolescent schoolgirl (I wouldn't disagree), and yet your whole post is like a giggling schoolboy's. What unpleasant misogynist nonsense.... Unless you were being ironic - which I doubt.

Feminism does have its flaws but your talk of 'Manginas' and Men being the only sensible sex smacks of a deep rooted sexism that I would expect from derivative drivel such as GMTV.. Oh the irony

Surely you're not that blinkered that you think the likes of Phillips and PennySmith are indicative of all women
The Prumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 19:49   #69
fitnessqueen
Forum Member

Tom0101's only been gone a day folks and this thread has already sunk to page 2, buried by Heather Mills and Jade Goody (now there'e something you could have nightmares about!)
fitnessqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 19:58   #70
Sloopy
Forum Member

It's that bloody Heather Mills again!! She's virtually hijacked every news station in Europe!
Old 02-11-2007, 20:31   #71
tvqueen1905
Forum Member

Fiona is on itv next thursday at 9 in The Killer in me

anyone up for episode discussion next week
Old 02-11-2007, 20:33   #72
Sloopy
Forum Member

Sounds cheery. Doubtless to say Fifi will be perfecting her 'morose' expression.
Old 02-11-2007, 20:52   #73
artlesschaos
Forum Member

Did anyone see Fifi "attacking" Carole Malone for being a tabloid journalist?

That is Carole Malone, who writes for the Mirror.

The same paper that Fifi scribbles for.

The woman is a twonk. a big purple and orange, belted til the blood don't flow, TWONK.
artlesschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 22:16   #74
tvqueen1905
Forum Member

could she not hack 5 days a week then
Old 03-11-2007, 07:15   #75
Sloopy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvqueen1905 View Post
could she not hack 5 days a week then
Nope.

I don't think she's done 5 days since about 1997.