You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > Alan Davies
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 02-11-2009, 21:46   #26
_SpeedRacer_
Forum Member

I saw him call someone else a prick earlier, now he's deleted it lol...
_SpeedRacer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:22   #27
DollyDumpling
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _SpeedRacer_ View Post
I saw him call someone else a prick earlier, now he's deleted it lol...
You know that it takes one to know one and Alan Davies really is one.
He annoys me even more after this ridiculous episode.
Bloody clown.
DollyDumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:22   #28
Radiomaniac
Forum Member

Services: Cheese, Clogs, Tulips, Barrel Organ
Alan Davies, for reason I cannot explain, makes me feel sick when I see or hear him.

And I still can't understand Twitter - are we all supposed to know who all those people with silly names are?
Radiomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:30   #29
mickeybloke
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesw/outaface View Post
again elaborate?
of course....had to get full goss from friend

friend works as crew for IQ and week after week he mentioned Mr D become even more diva like, demanding more camera shots on him, asking for the questions beforehand so he can prepare, not wanting ceretain people next to him and ordering his poor PA around like Bettie Davis

As I said an unpleasant helen hunt, loathed by many, loathed by the crew.......
mickeybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:52   #30
tauran_shammy
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomaniac View Post
Alan Davies, for reason I cannot explain, makes me feel sick when I see or hear him.

And I still can't understand Twitter - are we all supposed to know who all those people with silly names are?
why dont these people just air their dirty laundry on a forum where we can follow the whole conversation? twitter sucks big time.
tauran_shammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:40   #31
DorisMorris
Forum Member

Original post deleted - as too old to read Twitter properly...

....but I'm in agreement with the thread sentiment about 'Jonathan'
DorisMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 19:12   #32
Shadow27
Forum Member

It's not the first time Alan Davis has stuck his nose into something that doesn't concern him although actually aren't we all doing the same when we comment on a thread on DS? All these 'I hate Jordan' or whomever threads are merely being nosy since unless we actually really do personally know the subject, how can we objectively like or dislike them? Annnnyyyyway here's Alan Davis's take on something else...

"...On 4 October 2005 Alan Davies told The Daily Telegraph that Eccleston had been "overworked" by the BBC, and had left the role because he was "exhausted". Ten days later, Eccleston told The Daily Mirror this was not true, and expressed some irritation at Davies for his comments."
Shadow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 23:08   #33
quatro
Forum Member

Can't stand the bloke - he just comes over as fake and full of himself.
quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 23:17   #34
matfer12
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorisMorris View Post
Original post deleted - as too old to read Twitter properly...

....but I'm in agreement with the thread sentiment about 'Jonathan'
What did he say about Jonathan?
matfer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31   #35
DorisMorris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matfer12 View Post
What did he say about Jonathan?
Knowing that the great thespian/comedian Alan Davies has well 'ard friends in Essex who are good at sorting people aht, I take my life in my hands by telling you this:

Quote:
Jonathan Creek star Davies bites tramp's ear
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ramps-ear.html

The victim claimed that he was set upon after he called the actor by the name of his most famous character, Jonathan Creek.......

He said: "His face darkened and he almost spat the words, 'My name's Alan. You know my name - Alan. What's my name? It's Alan'.

"Then he suddenly went for my left ear. It was incredibly painful. I shrieked and my eyes were watering. He hung on and drew blood.

Seeing as this story pre-dates the Ting Tings:

♫♫ I bit a tramp - and I liked it....♪♪♪, etc
Old Yesterday, 11:40   #36
Unigal07
Forum Member

Services: Liverpool FC, X Factor, Doctor Who.
Oh I'm gutted to hear all these negative comments about Alan Davies... I always really liked him and had no idea he could be so rude to rans in real life That's really put me off him. I'll never watch QI and look at him in the same way again. He's so funny on it though
Unigal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:47   #37
Charlie Coo
Forum Member

I'm at work and can't access the links - can someone tell me what Stephenfrygate is???! Am very intrigued!
Charlie Coo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55   #38
DorisMorris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Coo View Post
I'm at work and can't access the links - can someone tell me what Stephenfrygate is???! Am very intrigued!
... vvv ..from The Independent [believe it or not]

Quote:
Even by the speedy pace of life in the twittersphere, it was one of the shortest break-ups in history. After being called "boring" by a fellow twitterer, Stephen Fry shocked his near-million followers by announcing: "I retire from Twitter henceforward. Bye everyone." Twelve hours later, however, he was back, apologetic, and feeling "more sheepish than a sheep and more twattish than a ****".

It began when a blogger and film reviewer, who tweets under the name "brumplum", said to one of his followers: "I understand @stephenfry's tweets but, much as I admire and adore the chap, they are a bit... boring.... (sorry Stephen)."

Shortly after, Fry replied: "Whereas yours are so fascinating I can barely contain my fluids." Twenty minutes later, he issued his declaration of tweet retirement.

Fry, who famously suffers from bipolar disorder, later confessed he was feeling "very low and depressed at the moment". But as he took off on a jet to Los Angeles, the backlash began. Fry's followers attacked brumplum, real name Richard, from Birmingham. One told him he had "ruined twitter" and many accused him of homophobia, owing to a misunderstanding related to a comment made by someone else under the title "envioushomo". Alan Davies, Fry's friend and co-star on the television quiz QI, joined the row, calling brumplum a "moron" and a "w@nker".

Those who came to the defence of brumplum were branded individually by Davies as being a "prick", "halfwit", "tosser", "moron", "********" and "prat".

When Fry landed in Los Angeles, oblivious to the extent of the row he had begun, he was immediately apologetic. "I am so sorry to hear ppl have been abusing you," he told brumplum in a tweeted apology. "You had every right to say what you did. Pls accept my apols. This is so awful."

Brumplum accepted Fry's apology yesterday, saying: "Thanks. Can we all be friends again?" But he has also called upon Alan Davies to apologise. Writing in his blog he called Davies an "irresponsible idiot" and accused him of "working up the internet mob" against him. "I am more than willing to call him an irresponsible idiot to his face, should anyone accord me the opportunity," he added. Mr Davies is yet to apologise.

Fry has talked openly about his bipolar disorder. In 2006, he made a two-part BBC documentary called Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive. Brumplum, still somewhat shocked at having sent such a seismic shock through the twittersphere, was last night "going out now to continue with my real life".
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...t-1813170.html
& from this link -> http://twittercism.com/stephenfrygate/
[kindly posted by DanLam1] :
My favourite:
Quote:
Alan Davies:

"Anyone has a pop at your mates you stick up for them. Twittr needs to be more like Essex.
If you wouldn't say it to their face then do shut up".

*hides behind sofa*
Old Yesterday, 12:20   #39
Charlie Coo
Forum Member

Thanks a mill Doris - Alan Davies is a moose! Stephen Fry is still lovely I see
Charlie Coo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:32   #40
Camino
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Coo View Post
Its really not that intriguing
Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:43   #41
Misty08
Forum Member

Well, I suppose no one can accuse Davies of using Twitter for PR purposes. What a tosser (as they say in Essex).
Misty08 is offline   Reply With Quote