You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > Kelly Brook reveals: Two-faced Ant and Dec wrecked my TV career
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 30-10-2009, 21:06   #76
DollyDumpling
Forum Member

Thanks for that link.

I doubt if Kelly Brook will be in demand by Talkback Thames any time soon.
DollyDumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 21:12   #77
cleo petra
Forum Member

She comes off quite well in that daily mail article. Sure she's pretty simplistic but often those type of people sail through life with enormous luck. As for Ant and Dec, the only thing i have really enjoyed of theirs is i'm a Celebrity.. other than that i think they are pure saturday night cheese. I can't imagine them bothering to be bitchy but I'm sure their opinions are noted.
cleo petra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 21:33   #78
DorisMorris
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyoaksFan08 View Post
Not really, the top picture appears to be a promotional picture, as I've seen a couple of the other cast members in simular poses.

The rest are just various pictures of her.

Granted, Calendar Girls ain't Shakespeare - and I'm not a fan of KB. But that first pic in particular didn't strike me as a sympathetic choice to illustrate the article
DorisMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 22:16   #79
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi22 View Post
Blimey again. Money really breeds money. Can you imagine how much they're getting for the current Nintendo/Wii ads on prime-time telly? Sigh.
Well, when you consider how popular they are in terms of how many programmes/series they're on, their wealth starts to make sense then. And, yes - I bet they're paid a fortune to advertise the Wii. I wonder if that house is actually one of the duo's. Probably not, as they'll not want to be broadcasting their private lives to the nation.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 22:20   #80
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarKane11 View Post
Here is a statement from Talkbalk Thames in regards to today's allegations http://www.officialantanddec.com/blo...lkback-thames/
I wonder if ITV are covering for the duo because they're frightened of their popularity diminishing if it was found out that Ant and Dec wanted rid of Kelly. They might not have, but it wouldn't surprise me if ITV did want to cover for them though.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 22:25   #81
azurro9
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexy_86 View Post
Yes I bloody am jealous!

Jealous that my tits (which are bigger and perkier! lol) haven't managed to get me that far.

Mind you, that might be down to fact that I don't sell my body to the highest bidder!

btw - what you doing on here on your b/day? ( looked at your profile )
azurro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 22:33   #82
Sara Webb
Forum Member

Pretty girl, nice figure, no talent worth mentioning, nothing else to say on the matter.
Sara Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 22:43   #83
Rikki65
Inactive Member

She always seems a bit 'vacant' to me, what talent is she actually famous for?
Rikki65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 22:55   #84
birdsong
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
I wonder if ITV are covering for the duo because they're frightened of their popularity diminishing if it was found out that Ant and Dec wanted rid of Kelly. They might not have, but it wouldn't surprise me if ITV did want to cover for them though.
If Ant and Dec can survive the phone-in crisis they can survive a few words said by Kelly Brook.
birdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 01:11   #85
NikkiClo
Forum Member

I never understood the hype over Ant and Dec, I used to find them funny at times..but only watched them on I'm a celeb.
After a few series of watching them though their repetitive jokes wear a bit thin and their snidy looks and comments to the I'm a celeb contestants during the bushtrucker trials really annoyed me as they never took part in any trials ..ever, the two little twits didn't have the nerve to do any of the trials themselves

and their "Will we play some golf today" jokey comments to each other on IAC really show how arrogant they are, it's all about them and how rich and popular and lucky they are

They are two big headed fools who are just lucky to be where they are, and I bet Kellys comment asking what they actually did on BGT touched a raw nerve..as what do they do?! laugh at each others jokes basically and make snide comments

I'm not an Ant and Dec fan and they are too old now to be called Ant and Dec fgs, they are too old to be the two little cheeky geordie boys, it's not funny anymore

even the DSi ads they do annoy the crap out of me
NikkiClo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 02:25   #86
DavetheScot
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo petra View Post
She comes off quite well in that daily mail article.
I think so too. She seems honest and fairly realistic about her limitations.

And she looks great in a bikini, of course
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 08:18   #87
Tom Joad
Forum Member

Ant & Dec are over exposed on telly and I can't stand them. Never watch anything they are involved with. Their perceived talent these days appears to be only in presenting.

The Likely Lads remake didn't take them any where. Cut their over inflated salaries and hopefully they will do a Barbara Windsor.
Tom Joad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 08:22   #88
Tom Joad
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
Well, when you consider how popular they are in terms of how many programmes/series they're on, their wealth starts to make sense then. And, yes - I bet they're paid a fortune to advertise the Wii. I wonder if that house is actually one of the duo's. Probably not, as they'll not want to be broadcasting their private lives to the nation.
For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy a Wii.
Tom Joad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 08:34   #89
alfiewozere
Forum Member

Services: Seacrest IN IN IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiClo View Post
I never understood the hype over Ant and Dec, I used to find them funny at times..but only watched them on I'm a celeb.
After a few series of watching them though their repetitive jokes wear a bit thin and their snidy looks and comments to the I'm a celeb contestants during the bushtrucker trials really annoyed me as they never took part in any trials ..ever, the two little twits didn't have the nerve to do any of the trials themselves

and their "Will we play some golf today" jokey comments to each other on IAC really show how arrogant they are, it's all about them and how rich and popular and lucky they are

They are two big headed fools who are just lucky to be where they are, and I bet Kellys comment asking what they actually did on BGT touched a raw nerve..as what do they do?! laugh at each others jokes basically and make snide comments

I'm not an Ant and Dec fan and they are too old now to be called Ant and Dec fgs, they are too old to be the two little cheeky geordie boys, it's not funny anymore

Nikki I agree with everything in your post.
And I hope Nintendo sales drop because the ads are sooooooooo annoying!
alfiewozere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 09:09   #90
lucy mane
Forum Member

Services: Big Brother,X factor,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo petra View Post
She comes off quite well in that daily mail article. Sure she's pretty simplistic but often those type of people sail through life with enormous luck. As for Ant and Dec, the only thing i have really enjoyed of theirs is i'm a Celebrity.. other than that i think they are pure saturday night cheese. I can't imagine them bothering to be bitchy but I'm sure their opinions are noted.
She does and she has never slagged anyone off before.
She must have hurt the geordie duo's pride because she didn't know what they did on the show. I like her because she doesn't pretend she is something else.
lucy mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 10:55   #91
Tabbythecat
Forum Member

Services: Virgin Media Broadband 4MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyDumpling View Post
Thanks for that link.

I doubt if Kelly Brook will be in demand by Talkback Thames any time soon.
Living might have something tacky she might like
Tabbythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 11:57   #92
MarcoPolo99
Forum Member

Ant & Dec are perfectly entitled to dislike Kelly Brook. I guess its not something she has had to deal with a lot as most pretty girls have all the guys liking them.

They are part of the reason why the show is so popular, so they would have had some influence on the decision.

Lets face it, Its all about Simon anyway
MarcoPolo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 12:07   #93
lexi22
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiClo View Post

I agree. It's funny with these two, they went from being young and fresh and funny to being 'middle-aged' without anything in between. They've now got a very self-satisfied, old duffer, set-in-their-ways vibe about them, with their corny jokes and their golf and their lack of sex appeal.

Objectively, I can admire them for their business sense but entertainment they are not.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 19:32   #94
alfiewozere
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi22 View Post
I agree. It's funny with these two, they went from being young and fresh and funny to being 'middle-aged' without anything in between. They've now got a very self-satisfied, old duffer, set-in-their-ways vibe about them, with their corny jokes and their golf and their lack of sex appeal.Objectively, I can admire them for their business sense but entertainment they are not.
Lexi I think I love you for this observation!!!It made me laugh out loud(and feel ALMOST sorry for little chaps)
Old 01-11-2009, 22:20   #95
gipsycalista
Forum Member

Let's face it Kelly Brook, a judge on BGT, what talent does she have to enable her to judge others.

They may as well get somweone from the audience to give an opinion.

She is full of her own self importance.
gipsycalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 22:29   #96
JonJonB
Forum Member

Quote:
Let's face it Kelly Brook, a judge on BGT, what talent does she have to enable her to judge others.
That would be a good argument as long as you didn't apply it to the other 3 judges.
JonJonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 22:32   #97
MRS LAWSON
Forum Member

Ant and Dec do have a lot of influence, well Dec anyway, Ant is a bit dim and can't go anywhere without his wife. Dec is the business brains of the outfit and he is shrewd and would walk over his granny's head to get where he wanted to be. He is a weasel believe me. ""EE I div'nt kna aboot the phorne line scam honest"" yeah alright Dec, you midget!, we all know you weren't behind it. They have been exposed for their scams in the papers a couple of times. I could tell you some stories about that pair, I tell thee!
MRS LAWSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:14   #98
alfiewozere
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS LAWSON View Post
Ant and Dec do have a lot of influence, well Dec anyway, Ant is a bit dim and can't go anywhere without his wife. Dec is the business brains of the outfit and he is shrewd and would walk over his granny's head to get where he wanted to be. He is a weasel believe me. ""EE I div'nt kna aboot the phorne line scam honest"" yeah alright Dec, you midget!, we all know you weren't behind it. They have been exposed for their scams in the papers a couple of times. I could tell you some stories about that pair, I tell thee!
Oooh do tell Mrs Lawson,I'm sick of their squeaky clean, goody two shoes image. And as Lexi said, they are too damn old to be playing the cheeky Geordie chappies
I've always thought Dec wasn't quite what he seems......
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54   #99
LnMidna
Forum Member

Services: fit police offers please.
There was a headline at the top that said "Kelly Brook: TV likes mediocraty", but the link just goes to some error message. Did anyone see what it was about?
LnMidna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59   #100
MRS LAWSON
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewozere View Post
Oooh do tell Mrs Lawson,I'm sick of their squeaky clean, goody two shoes image. And as Lexi said, they are too damn old to be playing the cheeky Geordie chappies
I've always thought Dec wasn't quite what he seems......
Well I got a job in a stage play with them in a pilot for a new tv series they were trying to sell.,with Matt Lucas, Tina O'brien from Corrie and Les Dennis. When I got there I was treated rather well and had my own dressing room etc. I had been sent a script to learn my lines around ten days prior to the job and had been fitted for the costume. When I got there I was sat in the audience which I thought was a bit weird. Then when the recording started they came to me in the audience and said my name and said. "You applied as a member of the public to do a play with us, I was supposed to act all surprised when Ant said "lets go back stage and see if we can find a costume that fits.(I had been fitted for a hand made one ten days previously.) I was so upset with the obvious lie it made me tearful, I looked like a bit of a jerk...happlily it was never aired, I don't think they managed to sell the idea but as I had signed a contract I carried on and went through with it like a great banana!!!!!
MRS LAWSON is offline   Reply With Quote