You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > karl and yvette
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 27-10-2009, 12:20   #51
RileyScott
Forum Member

Services: Virgin Media V+ XL TV,Sky Sports,L Phone,L BB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Commander View Post
And I wondered what happend to that historian guy from a few series back....was his name Richard Smith....was he sacked? He seemed llike he genuinely believed it was all real, he used to get really exicted if there was s knock for tapping etc. What happend to him?
Richard Felix left Living TV in september 2006 to pursue other projects in media.

More info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Felix
RileyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 14:00   #52
bathlamp
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry pip View Post
It's not just Cath they bully either..their employees contracts are designed to keep them schtum over activities and there's been many leave because of them. A certain person tried this a while ago now and I heard the interview, it was the first time I'd heard them speak sense and what they said was appalling. But within days the interview disappeared like a flash..shame really as they was the first to speak up. I felt very sorry for the people involved, and if half of it was true then shame on Yvie and her husband..not forgetting the cousin either

Shame we haven't got a paranormal section here as I could go on and on
It's interesting to see Phil Wyman back on the live show this week. I think he's the first person to leave the show and come back.
bathlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:33   #53
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka_Drinka View Post
Richard Felix is an excellent ghost historian who has written, produced and presented videos on hauntings around the UK. This was before he was on Most Haunted, I had his Ghosts Of Liverpool video and it was very good I thought, much better than Most Haunted.

Another one is Dr David Bull, who was a much better host of Most Haunted live than the horrendous Paul Ross is. I always get the impression he is taking the piss.

What do they put in these bloody contracts? Why do they sack so many people?
I really like Richard Felix, infact I and a couple of family members own some of his own DVD's. His manner and personality is warming and he didn't deserve to be forced to leave the show.

And I know what you mean about Paul Ross..the times he's found it amusing to have a go at Ciaran, for eg, or his overly dramatic description of what's happened is really annoying.

They don't sack all the employees as many leave due to the disgusting way they treat them. Some are sacked due to popularity which shows how shallow they are..it's all about egos with Yvette and the clan. There's no way she's any queen of the paranormal..I'd say jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
I'm not exactly sure why the others felt the need to try and catch him out for, as Yvette isn't exactly genuine herself when it comes to the series. She totally over exaggerates every 'situation' that happens. If she was auditioning for a part in a film, they'd simply laugh at her. Her excitable moments are the equivalent to what you'd see in the sixties and before horror films.
Yvette is what they call a failed actress so it's her limelight moment..but her arrogance took over very quickly and her nastiness to some of the team is disgusting. I'm genuinely surprised that she, Karl or Stuart haven't been in serious trouble before now. Mind you Karl does believe he's up there in Samurai land

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathlamp View Post
It's interesting to see Phil Wyman back on the live show this week. I think he's the first person to leave the show and come back.
Yes he is..well one of the most significant team members anyway. He's over on the tack "Unexplained" channel they own in cringeworthy debates with Karl Beattie. I can't watch them but my sister tried and gave up after 5 minutes of hearing Karl Beattie making his wife out to be some kind of icon who should be worshipped And given that Phil is risking his own reputation I can't understand why he's back..what a fool!
cherry pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:46   #54
cherry pip
Forum Member

For anyone who's interested this is the discussion Jason and Grant from Ghosthunters had with Yvette Fielding. It's in several parts but well worth listening to as there's a ghost investigator on talking about his distaste over MH too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-CrgPpO3-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoI3d-0KAz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEYyrkJgx4
Old 27-10-2009, 18:54   #55
Tabbythecat
Forum Member

Services: Virgin Media Broadband 4MB
Whats with Yvette's "Pelmet & Curtains" blond hairstyle?
Tabbythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 18:56   #56
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

cherry pip, I have seen the debates that Karl has on the Unexplained channel. They really are cringeworthy aren't they? Must have cost about a fiver to make as well looking at the set? Did they hire a function room in a hotel somewhere instead of a proper studio?

What do you mean by the disgusting way they treat their staff? Please spill the beans, im dying to know
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 19:13   #57
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
cherry pip, I have seen the debates that Karl has on the Unexplained channel. They really are cringeworthy aren't they? Must have cost about a fiver to make as well looking at the set? Did they hire a function room in a hotel somewhere instead of a proper studio?

What do you mean by the disgusting way they treat their staff? Please spill the beans, im dying to know
He he so you're already in the Cringe Club then Vodka Yeah you're right about the low budget..actually a fiver could be stretching it a little. The room you mentioned must be used for all the Whines & Spirits, Yvette's Screaming Banshees and now the debates..knowing them they'd just change the scenery a little to make it look like a pub, etc. The Screaming Banshees..well..let's just say there's plenty of Yvette's, Cath's, and Leslie's nostril shots, ears, chins, mouths, teeth, hair, eyes, cheeks..everything except the spooks And the narrator has the most annoying voice..worse than scratching fingernails down a blackboard

I'm afraid Vodka I can't spill the beans about the staffs treatment as it was discussed on an interview that was removed quickly from everywhere it was aired on. I heard it but because it's not been put back on air I can't say anything. However if it hopefully comes back on I'll happily link you up to it..it had me and speechless which takes some doing
Old 27-10-2009, 19:21   #58
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
He he so you're already in the Cringe Club then Vodka Yeah you're right about the low budget..actually a fiver could be stretching it a little. The room you mentioned must be used for all the Whines & Spirits, Yvette's Screaming Banshees and now the debates..knowing them they'd just change the scenery a little to make it look like a pub, etc. The Screaming Banshees..well..let's just say there's plenty of Yvette's, Cath's, and Leslie's nostril shots, ears, chins, mouths, teeth, hair, eyes, cheeks..everything except the spooks And the narrator has the most annoying voice..worse than scratching fingernails down a blackboard

I'm afraid Vodka I can't spill the beans about the staffs treatment as it was discussed on an interview that was removed quickly from everywhere it was aired on. I heard it but because it's not been put back on air I can't say anything. However if it hopefully comes back on I'll happily link you up to it..it had me and speechless which takes some doing
Lol ive noticed they hang cheap looking curtains from the walls on the debate shows. It looks so low budget I thought it was filmed on a camcorder when I first saw it.
Old 27-10-2009, 19:32   #59
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Lol ive noticed they hang cheap looking curtains from the walls on the debate shows. It looks so low budget I thought it was filmed on a camcorder when I first saw it.

Lol, I'm going to have to brave this you know Vodka and take a look On their channel everything's repeated right from last year again and again and how it's not been axed is anyone's guess. I'll take a quick look when I know my constitution is strong enough to withstand the churning sensation that automatically follows
Old 27-10-2009, 19:35   #60
funkycub
Forum Member

I used to love MH and you have to hand it to Karl and Yvette, they have done bloody well out of it.

I think when it died for me was when the Most Haunted Live shows introduction. The recorded shows were fine but the live shows just seemed to show it up for what it was. Friday a little bit happened, Saturday a bit more and by Sunday they were all being possessed and flung around the room - but then they introduced the webcam show and I found it interesting that at the strike of 12 and the moment the main show was over, they were out and gone. Surely series paranormal investigators wouldn't be giving up when "so much was happening"
funkycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 19:38   #61
funkycub
Forum Member

Also Katherine Kelly from corrie said when she did Ghost hunting they would all be screaming one mimute and then they would stop, turn the lights on and have a cup of tea. she said as a fan of Most Haunted she lost respect for that type of show,
Old 27-10-2009, 19:59   #62
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Quote:
For anyone who's interested this is the discussion Jason and Grant from Ghosthunters had with Yvette Fielding. It's in several parts but well worth listening to as there's a ghost investigator on talking about his distaste over MH too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-CrgPpO3-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoI3d-0KAz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEYyrkJgx4
Yeah, I think Yvette's obviously going to say that she never moved the table cloth. If she did, she'd know that this was the end of Most Haunted for her. I noticed one of the fellas said that Yvette's series was all about the entertainment side, and sadly, Yvette didn't seem to fully catch on to what he was trying to indicate I think the fella was subtly trying to let listeners know that Yvette's show was not to be taken seriously. He also added a bit extra on just to try and smooth it over in-case she caught on to what he was trying to suggest.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 20:03   #63
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkycub View Post
Also Katherine Kelly from corrie said when she did Ghost hunting they would all be screaming one mimute and then they would stop, turn the lights on and have a cup of tea. she said as a fan of Most Haunted she lost respect for that type of show,
This is incredibly stupid of them. You'd think they'd want to keep the fakeness a secret and not go broadcasting this fact to a celebrity who could blow the whistle.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 20:05   #64
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
Lol, I'm going to have to brave this you know Vodka and take a look On their channel everything's repeated right from last year again and again and how it's not been axed is anyone's guess. I'll take a quick look when I know my constitution is strong enough to withstand the churning sensation that automatically follows
Yes lol, ive seen it. They just repeat the same things over, and over again. They must have more money than sense to be able to run their own TV Channel on Sky, which I know is very expensive to broadcast off. Its not like there is anything worth watching on it really.

Why do they always have these really awful 60's and 70's horror B movies on late at night? They are beyond awful.
Old 27-10-2009, 20:07   #65
funkycub
Forum Member

Quote:
This is incredibly stupid of them. You'd think they'd want to keep the fakeness a secret and not go broadcasting this fact to a celebrity who could blow the whistle.
I thought it was really interesting. it was one of those end pages in Closer or Reveal, where they ask the celeb what they like to watch on Tv and she said that sh was a huge MH fan until she did GH
Old 27-10-2009, 21:21   #66
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, I think Yvette's obviously going to say that she never moved the table cloth. If she did, she'd know that this was the end of Most Haunted for her. I noticed one of the fellas said that Yvette's series was all about the entertainment side, and sadly, Yvette didn't seem to fully catch on to what he was trying to indicate I think the fella was subtly trying to let listeners know that Yvette's show was not to be taken seriously. He also added a bit extra on just to try and smooth it over in-case she caught on to what he was trying to suggest.

Glad you enjoyed the clips zx..I was particularly interested when she began getting touchy and yes it was a subtle poke at her over her show being entertainment I've noticed Yvette gets very annoyed easily and when she's cornered, ever so slightly, the temper starts. Maybe that's why she won't do interviews with many people as she can't handle what may be said, it's clear to see her moving the table cloth and yet she denies it..I'm sure Jason and Grant smiled smuggly to themselves that night after they'd spoken to her

Quote:
Yes lol, ive seen it. They just repeat the same things over, and over again. They must have more money than sense to be able to run their own TV Channel on Sky, which I know is very expensive to broadcast off. Its not like there is anything worth watching on it really.

Why do they always have these really awful 60's and 70's horror B movies on late at night? They are beyond awful.
Lol lol you're not wrong Vodka the films are so old there's a snowy effect on the screen with more hissing and crackling than you'd get from a log fire. And the story lines..eyeyeye, utter dross. They must surely be losing money hand over fist?
Old 27-10-2009, 21:43   #67
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:

Lol lol you're not wrong Vodka the films are so old there's a snowy effect on the screen with more hissing and crackling than you'd get from a log fire. And the story lines..eyeyeye, utter dross. They must surely be losing money hand over fist?
The whole channel is utter dross. Whatever possesed them to think it was a good idea? The only good thing on it is Strange But True. Have you seen that random segmant called "Rest in Piece" which has got pictures of spooky old graveyards and houses with spooky music over the top? Whats that all about? It goes on for half an hour lol
Old 27-10-2009, 21:55   #68
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
The whole channel is utter dross. Whatever possesed them to think it was a good idea? The only good thing on it is Strange But True. Have you seen that random segmant called "Rest in Piece" which has got pictures of spooky old graveyards and houses with spooky music over the top? Whats that all about? It goes on for half an hour lol

I love Strange But True and Arthur C Clarke but even they've got tiresome as it's the same episodes all the time. For some reason they haven't even played all the Strange But True episodes that were made..I am pretty certain of it as I was an avid fan.

If I'm correct Vodka the Rest In Peace you mentioned was designed to help you sleep a) It's on sometimes at 11.00am in the morning, for eg, and b) it's the stuff of nightmares if you ask me
Old 27-10-2009, 21:55   #69
*JoJo*
Forum Member

Can't believe no-one has mentioned the main reason for a lot of the downfall of the show in recent times:- the awful Brian, and the unbelievably over the top Lesley, who is such a ham actor, and speaks like she's on the other end of a phone sex line. Both of these have totally ruined the last few series' for me.
*JoJo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 22:06   #70
Shadow27
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JoJo* View Post
Can't believe no-one has mentioned the main reason for a lot of the downfall of the show in recent times:- the awful Brian, and the unbelievably over the top Lesley, who is such a ham actor, and speaks like she's on the other end of a phone sex line. Both of these have totally ruined the last few series' for me.
I haven't watched it since Richard Felix left as that Lesley woman (who first appeared as an 'actress' playing the part of Mary Queen of Scots at a castle they went to when Derek do-dah was still on the show) is utterly awful. Her knowledge of history is appalling and lacks any credibility. In fact the entire programme is made up of z-list 'celebs' with dubious credentials including the odious, money making producers who have milked this cash cow to the death.

What exactly are these two trying to prove? In heaven knows how many years they've never seen or recorded a single haunting. They have ruined the reputation of any credible physics and paranormal investigations in general and in Yvette Fielding, have a presenter who is both scared of her own shadow and of her bank balance running dry.
Shadow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 22:11   #71
Shadow27
Forum Member

Oh and the worst bit about Most Haunted Live - the audience who are an insane and bonkers lot who feel compelled to sent in their drawings of visions and report that their cat was so scared it licked it's arse. I utterly believe in ghosts but I also believe they'd be compelled NOT to appear on such a bloody rubbish programme like MH!
Shadow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 22:17   #72
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
I love Strange But True and Arthur C Clarke but even they've got tiresome as it's the same episodes all the time. For some reason they haven't even played all the Strange But True episodes that were made..I am pretty certain of it as I was an avid fan.

If I'm correct Vodka the Rest In Peace you mentioned was designed to help you sleep a) It's on sometimes at 11.00am in the morning, for eg, and b) it's the stuff of nightmares if you ask me
I love Strange But True as well, but they show the same episodes over and over again. Its so boring now, and why did they change the name of the channel from the Paranormal Channel to Unexplained?
Old 27-10-2009, 22:24   #73
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow27 View Post
Oh and the worst bit about Most Haunted Live - the audience who are an insane and bonkers lot who feel compelled to sent in their drawings of visions and report that their cat was so scared it licked it's arse. I utterly believe in ghosts but I also believe they'd be compelled NOT to appear on such a bloody rubbish programme like MH!
The people who text in are pathetic as well. One woman texted in saying her cats were attacking the TV screen. WTF was that all about? Then you get the ones who say they can movement on the webcams when there is NOTHING THERE!

Im very open to the paranormal. But this programme makes a mockery of it.
Old 27-10-2009, 22:49   #74
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
I love Strange But True as well, but they show the same episodes over and over again. Its so boring now, and why did they change the name of the channel from the Paranormal Channel to Unexplained?
It was changed to the Unexplained as most of the bumf they show isn't about the paranormal or ghosts, etc. Now The Unexplained covers everything from UFO's to Bigfoot. So let's see..do we have dazzling programmes under the new name?? Nope, sorry Vodka it's still vomit inducing
Old 27-10-2009, 23:02   #75
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
It was changed to the Unexplained as most of the bumf they show isn't about the paranormal or ghosts, etc. Now The Unexplained covers everything from UFO's to Bigfoot. So let's see..do we have dazzling programmes under the new name?? Nope, sorry Vodka it's still vomit inducing
Its all pap really though isnt it? I remember when the channel first launched Yvette was interviewd on ITV telext and was boasting how they wanted to launch a Parnormal Channel USA, Paranormal Channel Australia, Paranormal Channel Asia etc. Basically they wanted to launch their own paranormal version of MTV lol.

Talk about getting ideas above yourself.