You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > karl and yvette
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 26-10-2009, 21:40   #26
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka_Drinka View Post
Why did they sack Derek Acorah, does anyone know? He was Most Haunted imo, regardless of whether it was all a con or not. Richard Felix is another one of the team who just vanished.

They have such a high turnover on the show. I havent watched for a while and I dont recognise any of the newbies.
Whenever anyone got more popular than Yvette it didn't go down well. Richard Felix was upset at being sacked but had never been allowed to speak about it publically due to his contract.

The list of ex-employees is long
cherry pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 21:43   #27
cherry pip
Forum Member

Derek was caught out with..

Rik Eedles..Derek Lies
Kreed Kafer..Derek Faker
Ged Harken..Hang Derek

And there was other evidence of fakery too..as much as he's a con man, and a bad one at that, he was the scape goat as his popularity was frowned upon.
Old 26-10-2009, 21:45   #28
tartan18
Forum Member

Services: Two tin cans and a bit of string
Kreed Kafer - that's the one
tartan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 21:47   #29
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan18 View Post
Kreed Kafer - that's the one
Always glad to oblige Tartan, I'm on a roll now
Old 26-10-2009, 22:18   #30
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry pip View Post
Whenever anyone got more popular than Yvette it didn't go down well. Richard Felix was upset at being sacked but had never been allowed to speak about it publically due to his contract.

The list of ex-employees is long
Richard Felix is an excellent ghost historian who has written, produced and presented videos on hauntings around the UK. This was before he was on Most Haunted, I had his Ghosts Of Liverpool video and it was very good I thought, much better than Most Haunted.

Another one is Dr David Bull, who was a much better host of Most Haunted live than the horrendous Paul Ross is. I always get the impression he is taking the piss.

What do they put in these bloody contracts? Why do they sack so many people?
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 22:29   #31
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry pip View Post
Derek was caught out with..

Rik Eedles..Derek Lies
Kreed Kafer..Derek Faker
Ged Harken..Hang Derek

And there was other evidence of fakery too..as much as he's a con man, and a bad one at that, he was the scape goat as his popularity was frowned upon.
I'm not exactly sure why the others felt the need to try and catch him out for, as Yvette isn't exactly genuine herself when it comes to the series. She totally over exaggerates every 'situation' that happens. If she was auditioning for a part in a film, they'd simply laugh at her. Her excitable moments are the equivalent to what you'd see in the sixties and before horror films.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 22:34   #32
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Yvette Fielding is so far up her bum im suprised she can see where she'd going. She was just a washed up former Blue Peter presenter before Most Haunted came on, but she doesnt half act the diva.
Old 26-10-2009, 22:37   #33
LittleChicken
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
I'm not exactly sure why the others felt the need to try and catch him out for, as Yvette isn't exactly genuine herself when it comes to the series. She totally over exaggerates every 'situation' that happens. If she was auditioning for a part in a film, they'd simply laugh at her. Her excitable moments are the equivalent to what you'd see in the sixties and before horror films.
Don't remind me.
Remember the Pendle Hill outing when she had a fit and (pretended she) couldn't breathe?

LittleChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 22:45   #34
Samsara
Forum Member

I lost any real respect for this programme a couple of years ago..
The medium was David (his surname escapes me......came after Derek) anyway, at the time you could almost time when Stuart and Karl would be attacked or have an 'episode'. Plus David would warn them about antagonizing spirits or not being protected and they'd brush him and totally ignore all he was saying, they were quite rude to him.

It drives me mad when Yvette tells them not to scream or say 'ooooh did you hear that' so they can catch it on the mics when she's the worst. Her and Cath! what's the point in asking spirits to talk to you then screaming like a banshee when you hear noises.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 22:53   #35
LittleChicken
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
The medium was David (his surname escapes me......came after Derek) anyway, at the time you could almost time when Stuart and Karl would be attacked or have an 'episode'. Plus David would warn them about antagonizing spirits or not being protected and they'd brush him and totally ignore all he was saying, they were quite rude to him.

It drives me mad when Yvette tells them not to scream or say 'ooooh did you hear that' so they can catch it on the mics when she's the worst. Her and Cath! what's the point in asking spirits to talk to you then screaming like a banshee when you hear noises.
David Wells?

He was quite good I thought.
When they ask 'Did you hear that?' I always think 'no' as their mics don't seem that sensitive!
Old 26-10-2009, 22:58   #36
Samsara
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleChicken View Post
David Wells?

He was quite good I thought.
When they ask 'Did you hear that?' I always think 'no' as their mics don't seem that sensitive!
Ah yes David Wells, I have preferred him to any other 'medium' they've had on there. The drawing bloke, medium who was with them for quite a while recently was the absolute worst (even worse than Derek) I see he has been relegated to drawing pictures again. I'm rubbish with names.

I did prefer Dr David Bull over Paul Ross... I agree with a previous poster Paul Ross just looks like he is taking the pee all the time.
Old 26-10-2009, 22:59   #37
zx50
Forum Member

Quote:

I know. She's an utter joke when it comes to this. I wonder if she's upped her exaggeration levels at all these days, or, even within the last 5 years........when I stopped watching it.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:05   #38
Samsara
Forum Member

I still tune in to watch the Live shows, haven't seen one of the series episodes for years now.
I can't help tuning in, although to be honest every night I get peed off with the amount of adverts and viewers letters who are randomly picking names telling the team to beware. and then by the end of the night I wonder why I bothered

Yvette is more bossy than she was years ago that's for sure.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:14   #39
zx50
Forum Member

Quote:
I still tune in to watch the Live shows, haven't seen one of the series episodes for years now.
I can't help tuning in, although to be honest every night I get peed off with the amount of adverts and viewers letters who are randomly picking names telling the team to beware. and then by the end of the night I wonder why I bothered

Yvette is more bossy than she was years ago that's for sure.
Well, I think with Derek gone she might think she's the boss now.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:19   #40
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
Well, I think with Derek gone she might think she's the boss now.
I do wonder if thats the real reason Derek was sacked. He was very much the star of the show when he was on it, and that cant have gone down very well with Yvette. It was her show, created and produced by her husband. So she couldnt have some psychic stealing her thunder.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:22   #41
Samsara
Forum Member

I think as someone said earlier any credibility Derek had was quickly disappearing and I think it was so the programme could save face.
Trouble was Karl and Stu were still there.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:24   #42
LittleChicken
Forum Member

Has anyone seen Paul Ross doing the 'Black Book of Horror' thing which I think is made by Ivvy and Karl's TV production company?

Charlie Brooker had it on Screenwipe a few months back - absolutely hilarious.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:37   #43
Samsara
Forum Member

LOL Paul looked a complete berk reading from him black book!

I do not understand why they make this programme stretched over more and more nights (8 Nights this time!) good lord 8 nights of nothingness (well except when we're on an ad break it all happens then )

That said I'll still have a watch over the week, some people are a glutton for punishment eh
Old 26-10-2009, 23:39   #44
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleChicken View Post
Has anyone seen Paul Ross doing the 'Black Book of Horror' thing which I think is made by Ivvy and Karl's TV production company?

Charlie Brooker had it on Screenwipe a few months back - absolutely hilarious.
Yes, Ive seen it. Total shit. Like most other things on that channel. Although I do love Strange But True. But you can see that on Youtube anyway.
Old 27-10-2009, 00:25   #45
Stewing
Forum Member

Services: BT Openworld Broadband
Sorry I have never heard of either of them. !!
Stewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 00:50   #46
werdna67
Forum Member

I think Derek is very entertaining, takes the mick out of himself on Harry Hill etc. but the best example of the whole pyskick thing being fake is when he was on Conning The Conmen:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeQ0a3WfZ7g

p.s. Is the story about Yvette & a nude photo of Andy Crane put all over BBC TV centre following their split a true one?
werdna67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 00:50   #47
nextexit
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan18 View Post
And if you want another laugh, check this out. Our Stuart (when he had hair), bragging about his c***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rSFmzzkeGY
lol, how random. Must have missed that episode His cousin?
nextexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 08:49   #48
Mrs Jones
Forum Member

Cant stand them..especially Yvette..when I see her do the Most Haunted advert I think 'what a tw*t'. Uk Living scrapes the bottom of the barrel. Why now are they showing a show about her and her husband? I dont know what is worse Yvette and Husband show or Joe Swash and Pamela Anderson.
Mrs Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 10:19   #49
Dance Commander
Forum Member

Not sure about that Cieran O'Keefe (sorry, not sure about the spelling). I mean, he is supposedly a professional paranormal investigator and yet he is still working on this....surely he would want to be associated with a proper scientific study, not a pantomime? Maybe it's got something to do with ££££.......

And I wondered what happend to that historian guy from a few series back....was his name Richard Smith....was he sacked? He seemed llike he genuinely believed it was all real, he used to get really exicted if there was s knock for tapping etc. What happend to him?
Dance Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 11:51   #50
illusiouk
Forum Member

I think they are ok in the sense its funny at times watching being scam artists. How they have got away with it for so many years is a miracle in itself lol
illusiouk is offline   Reply With Quote