You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > karl and yvette
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 26-10-2009, 15:24   #1
minnie1957
Forum Member

karl and yvette

Do you love them?................or hate them?................are they celebrities or just deluded ghostbusters? or do you find them credible in any shape or form?
minnie1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 18:21   #2
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Services: Hay-looooo, ees it me you lookin' foooouuuur?
I love their entertainment value. They're pure panto!

I quite like them, actually, even if I believe much of what they do is hokum.
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 18:33   #3
tenchgirl
Forum Member

Love em
tenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 18:36   #4
Eviesmum
Forum Member

who are they?
Eviesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:15   #5
sueh21
Forum Member

They are pretty clever to get away with peddling this twaddle for so long. Absolutely hilarious telly though with all those caamera shy ghosts! Do think they bully Kath a bit though.
sueh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:19   #6
LittleChicken
Forum Member

Pair of con artists.

How they've got away with their cr*p for all these years I don't know.

Watched a bit of MH last night and it was the best laugh I've had in ages. And the trail of their new show 'Karl & Yvette - Down On One Knee' - I needed the vom bucket.
LittleChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:21   #7
Superstoked
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviesmum View Post
who are they?
They do "Most Haunted".
Superstoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:27   #8
Danslink
Forum Member

i love their documentary series....living are building them into the new katie & peter....uh oh
Danslink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:45   #9
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Yvette is a total drama queen when they're filming Most Haunted. She jumps at the absolute least thing to try and get the viewers' adrenaline going by what she INDICATES is happening in a supposedly, haunted part of the house. If Yvette hadn't of screamed so much at the slightest noise, I might have went on a lot longer watching and believing this series.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:48   #10
cherry pip
Forum Member

It's not just Cath they bully either..their employees contracts are designed to keep them schtum over activities and there's been many leave because of them. A certain person tried this a while ago now and I heard the interview, it was the first time I'd heard them speak sense and what they said was appalling. But within days the interview disappeared like a flash..shame really as they was the first to speak up. I felt very sorry for the people involved, and if half of it was true then shame on Yvie and her husband..not forgetting the cousin either

Shame we haven't got a paranormal section here as I could go on and on
cherry pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 19:49   #11
zx50
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleChicken View Post
Pair of con artists.

How they've got away with their cr*p for all these years I don't know.

Watched a bit of MH last night and it was the best laugh I've had in ages. And the trail of their new show 'Karl & Yvette - Down On One Knee' - I needed the vom bucket.
I know. Yvette ruined the show by screaming way too much. This is the reason I realised that it was just a big con for - because of Yvette making absolute mountains out of mole hills. I wonder how many houses were ACTUALLY haunted out of the ones they visited?
Old 26-10-2009, 19:58   #12
zx50
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry pip View Post
It's not just Cath they bully either..their employees contracts are designed to keep them schtum over activities and there's been many leave because of them. A certain person tried this a while ago now and I heard the interview, it was the first time I'd heard them speak sense and what they said was appalling. But within days the interview disappeared like a flash..shame really as they was the first to speak up. I felt very sorry for the people involved, and if half of it was true then shame on Yvie and her husband..not forgetting the cousin either

Shame we haven't got a paranormal section here as I could go on and on
I don't think it's a genuine hauntings series, but just a money making business for them. I just can't believe that there's still people out there that believe that they are actually in a haunted house every time they film a new episode. You'd think if they really did come in to contact with a ghost that they would have given the evidence/findings they had over to someone and that this would be all over the papers. Like I said - just a business for them.
Old 26-10-2009, 20:04   #13
LittleChicken
Forum Member

Isn't Cath related to her in some way?

I know Stuart is Ivvy's cousin so the programme always seems to be just a little 'incestuous' to me.

I guess 'keeping it in the family' is just a way of keeping all their little secrets to themselves.
LittleChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:07   #14
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx50 View Post
I don't think it's a genuine hauntings series, but just a money making business for them. I just can't believe that there's still people out there that believe that they are actually in a haunted house every time they film a new episode. You'd think if they really did come in to contact with a ghost that they would have given the evidence/findings they had over to someone and that this would be all over the papers. Like I said - just a business for them.
Sadly yes zx..I followed the first so many series even though my suspicions were raised beforehand. I've done work on the paranormal before and MH was a huge topic so I learnt a lot from genuine people too. I love to watch GhostHunters as their approach is so different. I listened to an interview Yvette Fielding did with them on YouTube and wow..she lost it with them big time. But what they said was the truth so her fury at them was misplaced, if that makes sense. True ghost investigators have been angry over MH as people who want investigations then expect violent attacks, things thrown and the whole spectrum of suspect activities from the show.

Then when the true investigators can't deliver the MH activities they're looked on as poor at their job when in actual fact they're the real deal. Genuine ghost hunters will tell you, you're lucky to get a knock or a bang never mind a possession or stone being thrown at you. I know a group of investigators and I'd rather see no evidence than something fake..it's a waiting game hunting ghosts and patience is one thing you have to have in abundance
Old 26-10-2009, 20:10   #15
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleChicken View Post
Isn't Cath related to her in some way?

I know Stuart is Ivvy's cousin so the programme always seems to be just a little 'incestuous' to me.

I guess 'keeping it in the family' is just a way of keeping all their little secrets to themselves.

No LC she's the chief hairdresser..before Cath it was another lady called Joanne but only for the first series if I'm correct. She was pretty good actually as she was genuinely terrified and her actions made me laugh, natural comedian
Old 26-10-2009, 20:23   #16
MadonnaMIX
Forum Member

Its all a con read this

http://www.ghosts-uk.net/modules/new...=4502&forum=30
MadonnaMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:29   #17
tartan18
Forum Member

Services: Two tin cans and a bit of string
I used to watch it regularly, and actually have a few of the DVD's courtesy of my OH.
Honestly guys, the MHL is so worth watching in conjunction with the running commentary thread below. It's hilarious. Most of the posters have been banned from the Living Forum. Apparently Karl and Yvette and their minions are always trawling the net to find anti threads. Check out some of the nicknames the posters have for some of the crew

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s....php?t=1096110

And if you really want a good laugh, log onto this one, and see where some of them, including MH and Derek Acorah, have been caught out good style

http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefrau...php?storyid=45

Hope the links work
tartan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 20:42   #18
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan18 View Post
I used to watch it regularly, and actually have a few of the DVD's courtesy of my OH.
Honestly guys, the MHL is so worth watching in conjunction with the running commentary thread below. It's hilarious. Most of the posters have been banned from the Living Forum. Apparently Karl and Yvette and their minions are always trawling the net to find anti threads. Check out some of the nicknames the posters have for some of the crew

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s....php?t=1096110

And if you really want a good laugh, log onto this one, and see where some of them, including MH and Derek Acorah, have been caught out good style

http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefrau...php?storyid=45

Hope the links work
Thanks for the link here Tartan..I'd no idea it was there..serves me right for not trawling through the different sections
Old 26-10-2009, 20:46   #19
tartan18
Forum Member

And if you want another laugh, check this out. Our Stuart (when he had hair), bragging about his c***.

I seem to remember that on one of the series, he turned up bald, and it was eplained in all seriousness, that he hd gone bald overnight after one of the MH's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rSFmzzkeGY
Old 26-10-2009, 20:46   #20
tartan18
Forum Member

It really is worth looking at cherry. It's hilarious

One of them actually got a text on screen last night from Ann Chovie
Old 26-10-2009, 20:53   #21
cherry pip
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan18 View Post
And if you want another laugh, check this out. Our Stuart (when he had hair), bragging about his c***.

I seem to remember that on one of the series, he turned up bald, and it was eplained in all seriousness, that he hd gone bald overnight after one of the MH's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rSFmzzkeGY

Tartan we need a laughing around on the floor smiley here. I kept rewinding the last few seconds after he said Craig Obviously Stu's big footed then
Old 26-10-2009, 20:57   #22
asp746
Forum Member

i love them - well i grew up with yvette in bluepeter and i think she was always the less glamarous female presenter - don't get me wrong she's not ugly but ya know and i think she had a bit of a shitty marriage aswell.

i'm not into the ghosthunter thing but caught a bit of her n karl fly on the wall and i thought they were a lovely mad couple and i'm really glad she got married to mr right and settled she seems really nice and down to earth and her house is lovely. they are quite funny without intending to be i think.
asp746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 21:00   #23
ditzyangeluk
Forum Member

I can't stand them - too sugar-sweet & pathetic in real life & totally false & dramatic in MH. If they are as great as they sayt hey are - get Karl off the investigations!
ditzyangeluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 21:28   #24
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Why did they sack Derek Acorah, does anyone know? He was Most Haunted imo, regardless of whether it was all a con or not. Richard Felix is another one of the team who just vanished.

They have such a high turnover on the show. I havent watched for a while and I dont recognise any of the newbies.
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 21:35   #25
tartan18
Forum Member

Apparently, Ciaran O'Keefe suspected him of being a fake, and got some friends to talk rather loudly about a South African spirit that he totally made up, just before a show. Later on, D was supposedly 'possessed' by this spirit