You Are In:  Home > Forums > Entertainment Forums > Showbiz > Rihanna to break silence on Chris Brown attack...
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showbiz Discuss the latest showbiz and celebrity gossip here!

Old 02-11-2009, 22:17   #2
asantewah87
Forum Member

Apparently she only says she was embarrased the pics were leaked...that's it.
asantewah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 22:44   #3
Flaxseed
Forum Member

Services: <3 MJ <3 //Life ain't so bad at all when you live it off the wall //
She's probably going to stay very dignified and calm and talk about it without really talking about it.

Although i'd love it if she just told the truth about that scumbag so the whole world can hear first hand how abusive he is towards women.
Flaxseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 23:38   #4
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Services: Sky HD, Sky Talk & Sky Broadband
I think i'll be equally interested in the reaction of Chris Brown fans, since many of them seemed to imply that Rihanna deserved it.

I seem to remember one particular user here who repeatedly tried to claim that Brown's behaviour was not justified - but - that rihanna did hit him first.

(Which she didn't ...)
JasonWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41   #5
Mojorisin'
Forum Member

Call me sceptical but I have this feeling that Rihanna is only speaking about the domestic abuse because she feels she has to now...in order to promote her new CD...

She can't go on programs without being asked about it and to be honest....since she knows she has so many young fans....she should be careful in her wording so that she inspires young girls in these situations to run...not walk away from their abusor...

From what I read...Rihanna got back together with Chris Brown after the incident he faced criminal charges for and supposedly...due to the pressure of her reunion with Chris being a career ruiner....she had break-up with him...

I am hoping she explains why she felt the need to get back together with him after he beat her face in and threatened her life which not only left her screaming and crying in an emergency room but caused her to miss an important awards show where she was scheduled to perform in front of the entire world...

Rumors swirled the make-up company with which she had a lucrative contract was about to drop her once it was learned she was meeting with Chris Brown and spending time with him at P. Diddy's house...and she is just lucky she faced no plastic surgery after that beating...

So the question is....why did she take Chris Brown back for a short time and did she break-up with him because it was hurting her image and damaging her career?

There are absolutely no excuses for what Chris Brown did to Rihanna and just by the interviews he has given since the incident...he isn't credible and doesn't sound sincere at all...so I am not sure why anyone believes him...

The excuses I heard...that Chris Brown claimed his stepfather beat his Mother in front of her eyes are almost laughable since no evidence of this exists....no charges were filed...no civil suit...nada and so all we have is Chris Brown's word on this and no proof whatsoever and his word isn't worth much anymore....
Mojorisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15   #6
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Services: Sky HD, Sky Talk & Sky Broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojorisin' View Post
So the question is....why did she take Chris Brown back for a short time and did she break-up with him because it was hurting her image and damaging her career?
You find that many women in violent relationships still convince themselves that they love their partner, despite the fact that he might beat the sh*t out of them on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, in a celebrity relationship I guess the rules are somewhat different because many people would overlook that fact in favour of some assumed agenda.
JasonWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:17   #7
secretgenie
Forum Member

I am sincerely hoping after reading this, she is going to talk about more than the photo being leaked! She seems naive to believe people would have never seen the photo or that this would all be kept hush, hush! Did she sign an agreement not to speak about Chris Brown or something? The photo should be the last of her worries!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...iliating-photo
secretgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:22   #8
tenchgirl
Forum Member

Do you really even care, seriously do you?

*shakes head in amazement"
tenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:25   #9
qwertyqueen
Forum Member

Why does everything have to be played in front of the media now? Have a bit of dignity and shut up Rihanna.
qwertyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30   #10
secretgenie
Forum Member

I do care, I think she could do a great service to her young, female fans by sharing her experience but I also respect her privacy so if she didn't want to speak about it, certainly everyone should understand. But to open up about a photo being leaked that she was ashamed everyone saw, does surprise me. I agree certain things should always remain private but Chris Brown is the one who should be ashamed, not Rihanna.
secretgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:09   #11
Torrid Affair
Forum Member

Services: I watch everything!
Well, she could've chosen to keep the whole matter private or at least, choose not to speak about it however, for her to sell her new release "RATED R", will have to address her very public legal situation with Chris Brown.

I am rather surprised her big outrage is over a leaked picture which of course, no one would wish released to have the world see you with your face battered and bruised but her big outrage should be with the man who caused that picture to ever happen. Perhaps Rihanna has forgiven Chris Brown and that's her decision to make and live with, but she continously portrays the beautiful, young, independent, strong woman and look at her edgy, hard image on the "RATED R" cover. I think she could shed a lot of light on this issue if she chooses to.
Torrid Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:14   #12
Sammix
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWatkins View Post
I think i'll be equally interested in the reaction of Chris Brown fans, since many of them seemed to imply that Rihanna deserved it.

I seem to remember one particular user here who repeatedly tried to claim that Brown's behaviour was not justified - but - that rihanna did hit him first.

(Which she didn't ...)
I don't think any of us have the right to speculate on what really happened. We weren't there and unfortuneately I don't think we can really expect the media to portray it fairly.
Sammix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:23   #13
LemonPledge
Forum Member

Services: •♥•
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyqueen View Post
Why does everything have to be played in front of the media now? Have a bit of dignity and shut up Rihanna.
She hasn't spoken about the Chris Brown thing since it's happened.
LemonPledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:26   #14
Bonny1
Forum Member

what's to say...

YYyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnn
Bonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:29   #15
LoveBug.
Forum Member

Services: For such a pretty face, boy your such a waste!
Team Riri!
LoveBug. is offline   Reply With Quote