You Are In:  Home > Forums > General Discussion Forums > Politics > climate change hoax.
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Politics For discussion of political and current affairs issues.

Old 20-10-2009, 18:18   #1
troynx
Forum Member

climate change hoax.

Is man made climate change a hoax?
Here is what tips the scales for me, these days anyone who dare question man made climate change are now labelled 'deniers' just like holocaust deniers.
To me this is just an attack by implication on anyone who has the nouse to actually think for themselves and wonder how taking money out of ordinary peoples pockets will reverse this apolcalyptic end for mankind.
Notice how it was first called global warming and when it became obvious the planet was cooling and the long heatwaves we were to endure as a result of our foremothers using aerosol hairspray were not going to show their sweaty faces the name was changed to climate change... How convenient.
It's time we took our world back from the liars who try to cream every last cent from us by trying to make us feel guilty.
troynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:24   #2
fredc
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynx View Post
Here is what tips the scales for me, these days anyone who dare question man made climate change are now labelled 'deniers' just like holocaust deniers.
To me this is just an attack by implication on anyone who has the nouse to actually think for themselves and wonder how taking money out of ordinary peoples pockets will reverse this apolcalyptic end for mankind.
Notice how it was first called global warming and when it became obvious the planet was cooling and the long heatwaves we were to endure as a result of our foremothers using aerosol hairspray were not going to show their sweaty faces the name was changed to climate change... How convenient.
It's time we took our world back from the liars who try to cream every last cent from us by trying to make us feel guilty.
No, it isn't a hoax, it's real, it's happening, the climate is warming and the rate of warming is increasing.

Unfortunately there are politicians jumping on the climate change band wagon for their own political gain. People have seen it as a way to control and extort money from the masses.

Climate change is a real and a great threat to the world, the politicians are a greater threat.
fredc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:29   #3
troynx
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredc View Post
No, it isn't a hoax, it's real, it's happening, the climate is warming and the rate of warming is increasing.

Unfortunately there are politicians jumping on the climate change band wagon for their own political gain. People have seen it as a way to control and extort money from the masses.

Climate change is a real and a great threat to the world, the politicians are a greater threat.
I know climate change is real, I was talking about 'man made' climate change.
Old 20-10-2009, 18:32   #4
The Exiled Dub
Forum Member

Quote:
And yet the global temperature has not increased since its high point of 1998, which was the hottest year recorded.
The Exiled Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:39   #5
JonPaulWild
Forum Member

It's a cash cow for the Labour government.
JonPaulWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:43   #6
Buster1874
Forum Member

Well all the doom mongers have to have something to go on about since the end of the Cold War.
Buster1874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:56   #7
Rossall
Forum Member

Quote:
It won't make much difference, fuel and refuse collection costs will go up anyway as oil and landfill space become more scarce so we'll all have to become greener anyway.

The whole stuff about cash cows is a red herring as Petrol will soon be £3 a Litre and land fill will be so expensive that councils will start charging £1 per bag of rubbish to cover their costs.

Get used to it..
Rossall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 18:59   #8
Rossall
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPaulWild View Post
It's a cash cow for the Labour government.
Bull. A change of government will change nothing. Landfill is getting more expensive and so are fossil fuels.
Rossall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 19:04   #9
Jellied Eel
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossall View Post
The whole stuff about cash cows is a red herring as Petrol will soon be £3 a Litre and land fill will be so expensive that councils will start charging £1 per bag of rubbish to cover their costs.
Sue the council for negligence instead. Why is it Scandanavia and much of Europe manage to turn their rubbish into energy, yet we refuse to?
Jellied Eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 19:04   #10
zx50
Forum Member

Services: Pentium 4 XP Professional Laptop 11.2Mbit/1.4MB/s Be* Pro
Quote:
There's a difference between climate change and global warming. I think climate change is a natural thing which happens every once in a while in the Earth's history - but people would have to be HUGELY lucky enough to even experience one of these changes. Global warming is what might be happening with all the co2 being pumped in to the atmosphere. I'm no expert on this, so I'm just saying the real basics here.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 19:04   #11
troynx
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossall View Post
It won't make much difference, fuel and refuse collection costs will go up anyway as oil and landfill space become more scarce so we'll all have to become greener anyway.

Get used to it..
I have no problem with being more 'green' to save money, I do have a problem with the green taxes and the whole cap and trade rubbish being spouted by the Obama administration.
Carbon credits, if we have too much carbon then we should plant more trees and stop cutting them down. This is however too simple and not an excuse for more taxes.
Old 20-10-2009, 19:17   #12
jpj
Forum Member

Who blamed man for the end of the ice age ?

Gordon Brown
jpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 19:47   #13
The Moth
Forum Member

Quote:
So do you think the holocaust was a hoax? Does the fact that 'anyone who has the nouse to think for themselves' by querying the truth of the holocaust is called a denier 'tip the scales' for you?

I don't know if climate change is man made or not but I'd like to have a better reason to believe or disbelieve it that the names I might be called by those who believe the opposite.

If it is wholly or partially man made as many, including many Governments, believe the purpose of 'taking money out of ordinary people's pockets' is to 'encourage' them to change the behaviours that contribute to climate change. Unfortunately, many ordinary people will always find reasons not to make difficult choices in short term however much evidence is presented of the long term benefits. Financial penalties are a way of overcoming that.

I believe climate change is happening. As I say, I don't know if it is man made or whether there is time to do something about it but i am not going to dismiss it as a possibility without a good reason.
The Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 19:49   #14
Jellied Eel
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moth View Post

If it is wholly or partially man made as many, including many Governments, believe the purpose of 'taking money out of ordinary people's pockets' is to 'encourage' them to change the behaviours that contribute to climate change.
Problem is it's taking money out of your pocket and putting it into someone elses. A lot of people have been getting rich out of our climate scams, and will continue to get rich if this government lets them.
Jellied Eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 20:33   #15
paulschapman
Forum Member

Quote:
The temperature of the planet has not changed for a decade.
paulschapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 20:34   #16
fredc
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exiled Dub View Post
And yet the global temperature has not increased since its high point of 1998, which was the hottest year recorded.
And yet they have increased since 1999 which wasn't the hottest year recorded.

Your point is?
Old 20-10-2009, 20:36   #17
fredc
Forum Member

Quote:
In all probability the activities of man are a significant factor.
Old 20-10-2009, 20:39   #18
fredc
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulschapman View Post
The temperature of the planet has not changed for a decade.
Rubbish.
Old 20-10-2009, 20:43   #19
The Exiled Dub
Forum Member

Quote:
And yet they have increased since 1999 which wasn't the hottest year recorded.

Your point is?
You said the rate of warming is increasing and I merely pointed out that the hottest year was 1998 so where is this evidence of climate warming increasing?
The Exiled Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 20:52   #20
fredc
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellied Eel View Post
Problem is it's taking money out of your pocket and putting it into someone elses. A lot of people have been getting rich out of our climate scams, and will continue to get rich if this government lets them.
It's called wealth creation.

They create something called a carbon credit which is a piece of paper which has a value, it is an asset, it was created out of nothing.

Yes it is one big scam, a way of printing a piece of paper which has a monetary value even though it does not represent a real tangible thing of value in the real world. A share certificate is backed by the assets of the company the share is in. A pound note used to be backed by real gold in the Bank of England, now it is backed by the taxes the people of Britain will pay in the future. The carbon credit is backed by nothing and was created from nothing yet it has a value.

One big scam.
Old 20-10-2009, 22:41   #21
jenzie
Forum Member

Services: VM M-Broadband - sky digital 2mix
climate changes
PERIOD

whether man-made or natural IT CHANGES

through what's happening ABOVE you ..... and BELOW you too!!!!

all sorts of attributes affect climate, and typical of people just to pick one and focus on that!
jenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 08:07   #22
ziparmux
Forum Member

Quote:
Here is what tips the scales for me, these days anyone who dare question man made climate change are now labelled 'deniers' just like holocaust deniers..
I personally think (after much personal research) man made (anthropogenic) amounts of C02 in the atmosphere has been wildly exaggerated. Depending where you look for the data, the figure is between 2 to 5% of the total C02 in the atmosphere. If every single country in the world signed up and acted on the 'Kyoto Protocol', it has been extrapolated that the total effect on the amount of C02 in the atmosphere would be 1%, 1% is a naturally occurring variable in C02 in the atmosphere, so totally insignificant, that the actual cost to us is a tax too far, designed to extract even more money from us.

Another good place to look for data respecting this political hot potato is the Vostok Ice Core, (please do Google it as there is a mountain of data). Basically the data tells us that in the past higher C02 levels in the past have followed previous warmer climates on earth not previous to warming, an 'Inconvenient Truth' to those who sell us the story, it's all our fault and we should stop burning carbon.

There is at this time an advertisement running (Act on C02) which is a father reading a fairy story to his child and within the 'ad' he states that the figure for anthropogenic atmospheric C02 is 40%. This is a total fabrication a fairy story in itself and I have filed an official complaint to the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) about it. I spoke to a guy at the ASA 2 days ago about the advertisement and can inform you that I am not alone at being outraged by this government funded propaganda. Apparently a lot of people have contacted the ASA about the 'ad'.

In a nutshell then, yes anthropogenic 'global warming' is a fairy story, propagated by those who wish to extract money from us (carbon tax), and to try and limit the growth of some of the poorer countries economies. The earth has always warmed and cooled it is a naturally occurring cyclical event. Please take note no one talks about global cooling, which as demonstrated via data including data extracted from the 'Vostok Ice Core', cooling of the planet in the past has happened as we're all aware, but what they fail to tell the masses is this; that cooling of the planet occurs very rapidly much faster than warming when it occurs. I have read data that demonstrates that previous cooling cycles in the Northern hemisphere have occurred in less than 20 years, that's right going from a temperate climate to an ice age in 20 years. That is far more dramatic and worrying in the short term for huge populaces in the Northern hemisphere and when it occurs again, and it will. we would have to migrate south ASAP to survive it.

Apologies for a long posting but this is a huge subject that needs to be properly presented and much talked about by 'us' out here to support the 20,000 + scientists and climatologists who have signed a document refuting the claims made by a small minority of 'global warming' climate models all of which theses experts do not agree with.
ziparmux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 08:58   #23
clinch
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moth View Post
If it is wholly or partially man made as many, including many Governments, believe the purpose of 'taking money out of ordinary people's pockets' is to 'encourage' them to change the behaviours that contribute to climate change.
But if our Government's true aim in imposing things like airport tax was to reduce air travel, it would not at the same time be championing an extra runway at Heathrow. Airport tax is just another excuse for the Government to take money off us.
clinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 09:03   #24
ziparmux
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinch View Post
But if our Government's true aim in imposing things like airport tax was to reduce air travel, it would not at the same time be championing an extra runway at Heathrow. Airport tax is just another excuse for the Government to take money off us.
Yes excellent point. Actually air plane fuel is cheaper than gas we buy at the pumps for our vehicles, and if the government truly believes that C02 is causing global warming, air planes are the worst offenders as they pump huge amounts of C02 directly into the upper atmosphere. As stated in a previous post here I do not buy into this BS in the slightest, and of course it's just another method to extract more from us. They wont stop until they have it all and we are all serfs again, and have nothing.
ziparmux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 09:05   #25
SuperTed187
Forum Member

Services: O2 Broadband, Freeview
Science is a very real thing, so it is hard to see that people can deny the fact that our actions are warming the Earth. However I did read somewhere that the Earth's average temperature has actually cooled down over the last 6 years. But that's anaaverage and we're still losing polar ice caps at an alarming rate.

If the government is taking money from us under a "green" façade, then that's different. This doesn't mean its a hoax, its just the government using it to get money from us.
SuperTed187 is offline   Reply With Quote