1x1
You Are In:  Home > Forums > Media and Digital TV Forums > Radio > Stream Spotify to your Wi-Fi Radio
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Radio For discussion of radio stations, programming, and digital radio technologies.

Old 22-10-2009, 00:44   #1
FM_Bandit
Forum Member

Services: O2 Broadband; Freeview; FM; DAB; WiFi Radio; iPhone 3G
Stream Spotify to your Wi-Fi Radio

This works! Got my Spotify playlist running on my radio right now.

http://internetradio.lefora.com/2009...t-radio/page1/

Very clear instructions. Had it up and running within 5 mins. Also works for iTunes.
FM_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 11:36   #2
GaseousClay
Forum Member

Services: ♫Avanti flow♫
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Bandit View Post
This works! Got my Spotify playlist running on my radio right now.
Mine running too nice one FM_Bandit. Lost the home page of spotify but no sad lost and it's a bit wierd how it takes about 10 seconds to react to control from spotify interface to the sound/track change on the web radio.. but defo

thanks GC

edit: another thing you can do is mute/turn down your net radio during the adverts and it doesn't pause the stream as it does on the lappy/desktop
GaseousClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 14:26   #3
RED KITE
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaseousClay View Post
Mine running too nice one FM_Bandit. Lost the home page of spotify but no sad lost and it's a bit wierd how it takes about 10 seconds to react to control from spotify interface to the sound/track change on the web radio.. but defo

thanks GC

edit: another thing you can do is mute/turn down your net radio during the adverts and it doesn't pause the stream as it does on the lappy/desktop
Hmmm may be harmless, but I don't like the way you have to fiddle with stuff - think I'll wait
RED KITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 14:41   #4
GaseousClay
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED KITE View Post
Hmmm may be harmless, but I don't like the way you have to fiddle with stuff - think I'll wait
Go on give it a go it's a doddle to set up and if you want to revert back to the original setting just create a folder say on your desktop and move the three files that were added to there and stick them back again if you want to stream again to your web radio.

ps. my spotify home page loaded eventually
Old 22-10-2009, 14:54   #5
RED KITE
Forum Member

Quote:
Go on give it a go it's a doddle to set up and if you want to revert back to the original setting just create a folder say on your desktop and move the three files that were added to there and stick them back again if you want to stream again to your web radio.

ps. my spotify home page loaded eventually
But things on your computer aren't quite working as they were before . I think I'll wait for an official app, or at least one that is tried and tested.

Anyway I could only stream it in mono on the Flow - still haven't got around to purchasing the second speaker and most of my time on Spotify is spent adding music unless I have it on whilst doing stuff around the house.
Old 22-10-2009, 15:07   #6
FM_Bandit
Forum Member

Quote:
It's downloading an app and moving 3 files into the Spotify folder - that's it! Up to 320kbps MP3 stream too.
Old 22-10-2009, 15:12   #7
RED KITE
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_Bandit View Post
It's downloading an app and moving 3 files into the Spotify folder - that's it! Up to 320kbps MP3 stream too.
I'm extremely cautious with my computer that's why I've never had a single thing go wrong since I bought it over 2 years ago My Evoke Flow isn't capable of playing a 320 kbps stream and that should only be available to premium subscribers?
Old 22-10-2009, 15:32   #8
GaseousClay
Forum Member

Quote:
But things on your computer aren't quite working as they were before . I think I'll wait for an official app, or at least one that is tried and tested.
The only thing that changed was the spotify home page not loading very quickly. As I said just take the 3 files out of the spotify folder and everything reverts back to how it was previously. I've seen this on bloggs before but they were poorly written and difficult to follow so hadn't tried it up until this morning and as FM_Bandit says takes just 5 mins.
Old 22-10-2009, 15:47   #9
RED KITE
Forum Member

Quote:
The only thing that changed was the spotify home page not loading very quickly. As I said just take the 3 files out of the spotify folder and everything reverts back to how it was previously. I've seen this on bloggs before but they were poorly written and difficult to follow so hadn't tried it up until this morning and as FM_Bandit says takes just 5 mins.
Well I'm listening to Spotify right now in stereo at my desk (and adding music when I'm not typing) and my Evoke Flow is also on the desk to the left right next to the laptop so there's not much point unless my parents are out and I took the Flow down to the conservatory, but then I can just play Spotify through my parents computer and big speakers in the lounge and hear it everywhere downstairs.
Old 22-10-2009, 19:32   #10
draig goch
Forum Member

Services: Sky HD, Sky+, Sony Bravia with 5.1 sound system
Just done it and it works !

I'm home alone and my playlists are booming through the house on my speaker system.

Thank you FM_Bandit !!!!
draig goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 21:11   #11
darkone338
Forum Member

whats the difference between this and using shoucast/oddcast dsp to stream to a local dnas server
darkone338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 21:33   #12
RED KITE
Forum Member

I wonder if this will have any effect on software updates to Spotify?
Old 23-10-2009, 07:24   #13
Ramsay Ladders
Forum Member

I saw this posted on another forum a few months ago and can't get it to work? Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong guys?
Ramsay Ladders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 10:04   #14
GaseousClay
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay Ladders View Post
I saw this posted on another forum a few months ago and can't get it to work? Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong guys?
The bit that says

Quote:
To find the IP address of your PC, click 'Start and type 'cmd' into the search bar and press 'Enter'
Into the screen that pops up, type 'ipconfig' and press 'Enter. Among the information that is displayed, you will see your machine IP address beside IPv4 Address................. in the form of 192.168.1.XX or similar.
This number needs to have :8124/ added to the end when it is added as the custom stream URL within your web radio provider software. This bit I forgot to do when I set mine up first time
Old 23-10-2009, 10:21   #15
FM_Bandit
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone338 View Post
whats the difference between this and using shoucast/oddcast dsp to stream to a local dnas server
It's free and requires no additional subscription.
But obviously you do need to have your computer/server on and Spotify running.
Old 23-10-2009, 15:14   #16
Sobell
Forum Member

Services: SW,MW,LW & Gram
Interesting idea, but I have so many gadgets with an Aux In, from iPod docks to clock radios, that I tend just to plug a cable in from the laptop when playing Spotify. I am giving Premium a try and the audio is much better -320kbs against 160kbs - and getting rid of the ads is a joy!! Hardly listen to the radio at home anymore - is this the future..............??
Sobell is offline   Reply With Quote