ADVERTISEMENT.............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Old 12-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Axanthisis

Axanthisis is without discipline!
City of Heroes

Does anyone here play City of Heroes actively? I am planning to get it once I have my own laptop (which will be sometimes in June, after I graduate), but I was wondering if ya'll have played it, and if you think it is worth the monthly expenditures.
Axanthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
luclucluc
Moo
Kwisatz Haderach

luclucluc is without discipline!
all i can say is YES, city of heroes is deffinately worth getting.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Grim Reaper
Death Incarnate

Grim Reaper has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Reaper has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Reaper has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Reaper has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Reaper has a reputation beyond reputeGrim Reaper has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Grim Reaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axanthisis
Does anyone here play City of Heroes actively? I am planning to get it once I have my own laptop (which will be sometimes in June, after I graduate), but I was wondering if ya'll have played it, and if you think it is worth the monthly expenditures.

Played it for years now and I still do.

Get the sister game City of Villains too, because it doesnt cost you extra each month if you own both games.

"Oh holy Bible/Quran/etc. reveal to us gods will so we may blindly obey"
"Free us from thought and responsibility"
"We shall read things from you"
"And do them"
"Your words guide us"
"We are dumb"

What doesn't kill you, only postpones the inevitable. - In your face Nietzsche!

(Our ability to dissociate between whats real and whats on TV, is what separates us from the animals)
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
Gnomes Inc.
I > +
Mrs. Rita the Fortuneteller's Pet Gimp

Gnomes Inc. is without discipline!
Send a message via AIM to Gnomes Inc.
This game only held my interest for a couple months. It's definitely not for anyone who enjoys questing for new gear because your character doesn't really have equipment to speak of. The instanced quests were also a bit boring. Too many "go here, kill this" mission and the environments for the instanced missions are recycled heavily so it tends to get a bit boring. Enemy NPC models are also recycled and just given different names. I did thoroughly enjoy the character creation though. Half the fun of the game was just making a new hero or villain. the transportation powers such as flight or super speed are also pretty entertaining when you first get them but for me the novelty died pretty quickly.

"Perhaps, when we remember wars, we should take off our clothes and paint ourselves blue and go on all fours all day long and grunt like pigs. That would surely be more appropriate than noble oratory and shows of flags and well-oiled guns."
-Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Gnomes Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:15 AM   #5
WillyPete
User Admin
An Underground ICON

WillyPete was known as The Flame of Tar Valon!WillyPete was known as The Flame of Tar Valon!WillyPete was known as The Flame of Tar Valon!WillyPete was known as The Flame of Tar Valon!
CoH is the premier, Superhero-themed Video game in existence...
But, if you're expecting it to be something very different from a Video Game, you might be in for a disappointment...
There is 'gear' to accumulate, but it comes in the form of 'enhancements', which you can't really lose, so if you're looking to take other people's 'stuff' (as happens in most other MMORPGs), it won't be for you.
There's no real role-playing, in the traditional sense, so I'm not very big on it...
But, I think they've got some *great* villain organizations, that would be well worth stealing for a Face-to-Face RPG, like Champions! :evil:
- Theodore Roosevelt

Good Luck,
William A. Peterson
WillyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
RAGNARöK
Twilight of the Gods.

RAGNARöK is without discipline!
I've actually been playing the game for 45months now. I was lucky enough to make third wave beta testing which was a helpful heads up on the game. Even beta City of Villians and Guild-Wars which is also done by NCSoft. I can't complain about the game much other than it caps at level 50. I'm in the pre-beta forums for Champions Online, another Cryptic Studios creation after they separated from NCSoft. Champions Online is another hero base MMORPG coming out soon. I hear it's actually better than City of Heroes too. But I'll determine that if I make beta.

"A World Without Heroes, Is A World Without Hope!"
RAGNARöK is offline   Reply With Quote