ADVERTISEMENT.............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Old 02-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
Chiasmus
Man of Tomorrow

Chiasmus is without discipline!
The Democrat Strategy should be

I won't use the term 'Democratic', because isn't everyone democratic?

McCain virtually has the nomination, and can turn to attacking the Dems. But this puts the Dems in the limelight. It might keep McCain out of the headlines until the convention, in comparison to the Dems. So the Dem strategy should be to keep their names in the limelight as much as possible. If McCain was smart, he'd figure out a way to do the same. And not by coming out against waterboarding and then voting against a bill that bans it.

It's the flip side of the advantage McCain has by getting the nod early.
Chiasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
OxHead

OxHead is without discipline!
I agree to a degree.

I honestly think Obama has the advantage at this point. But then again we have till November and a lot of stories could break between now and then. I definitley agree that Obama should try to get the spotlight, but he must do it in a positive way. If he gets press because of his middle name "Hussein," he won't get the vote. Part of Obama's draw is the perception that he is "above" petty politics, so he will have to be careful not to sully his image with attack ads and taking cheap shots at McCain. He need other people outside of his known organization to do that. He will also need to find the right balance between retrospective and prospective talking points. If he only concentrates on the Bush Administration blunders, people will react to him like they did with Giulliani ("911!"). If he only concentrates on what he will do, he'll miss out on using the publics anger at Bush to promote his agenda.
OxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
shadowstalker
professional lunatic
Original Prankster (OP Baby!)

shadowstalker has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Right now I think Obama has the advantage because he caters well to the two mindsets most cherished by many Americans: When he speaks he avoids the necessity of his audience thinking, and he allows his audience to blissfully ignore reality. These two things are important to a lot of people in this country (why does entertainment do so well). This isn't a critique of his policies and positions, just his rhetoric, but that is what gives him a big advantage especially when McCain's early nomination is such a two-edged sword.

Click spoiler for my attitude towards most people
Spoiler :

I don't have a problem with accepting authority.
I have a problem accepting your authority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
It would be better for me... that most men not agree with me rather than that I should disagree with myself...
shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Grunthos
Easy. Serious.
An Underground ICON

Grunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond repute
Obama's big advantage is roughly 5 percentage points, and falling.

"It's truer to say that these days patriotism is the highest form of dissent " -- Mark Steyn

"When confronted with savagery one can demonstrate courage, or flee. The second option is available for a limited time only. Eventually there will be nowhere to run." -- Greyhawk

"You are a GOD!" Monev the Gale:
http://forums.ugo.com/showpost.php?p=527056&postcount=4

"Dawg's just been G-Pwn'd" LJC:
http://forums.ugo.com/showthread.php...024#post539024
Grunthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
JRoma
C.H.U.D.

JRoma is without discipline!
The Democrats should spend some time explaining how The Republican Party is, in fact, a propaganda machine.
JRoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Shadyhugs
Diva of H8!
Hong Kong Cavalier of Buckaroo Bonzai

Shadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRoma View Post
The Democrats should spend some time explaining how The Republican Party is, in fact, a propaganda machine.
Would you like to support your statement? If not, I think we can do without it.

Thanks.
Shadyhugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
shadowstalker
professional lunatic

Do you mean support his statement that the Democrats should spend more time promulgating that lie or his implied statement that the lie is true? Getting him to say something about either one should be fun. I can make a similar remark about the democrats but I don't troll (not on purpose but my boundless lack of tact makes it look that way )

Spoiler :

Quote:
It would be better for me... that most men not agree with me rather than that I should disagree with myself...
Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 AM   #8
Shadyhugs
Diva of H8!

Shadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond reputeShadyhugs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstalker View Post
Do you mean support his statement that the Democrats should spend more time promulgating that lie or his implied statement that the lie is true? Getting him to say something about either one should be fun. I can make a similar remark about the democrats but I don't troll (not on purpose but my boundless lack of tact makes it look that way )
Oh, he hasn't implied anything. If he hadn't used that great big "IN FACT" right in the middle, you might have a point. =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunchygrooves
Barack ftw!!!!
huh?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 AM   #9
Omnipotus

Omnipotus is without discipline!
Well, OP guy, McCain found a way to keep his name in the limelight, or at least his ticket. But it wasn't enough. Barack Obama won, fairly handily. McCain should get something out of this, though. Some appointment, if he wants it.
Omnipotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:53 AM   #10
Shadyhugs
Diva of H8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipotus View Post
Well, OP guy, McCain found a way to keep his name in the limelight, or at least his ticket. But it wasn't enough. Barack Obama won, fairly handily. McCain should get something out of this, though. Some appointment, if he wants it.
Oh lord. Here we go again....

Passive aggressive this time, eh?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #11
Grunthos
Easy. Serious.
An Underground ICON

Grunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond reputeGrunthos has a reputation beyond repute
THIS time?

"It's truer to say that these days patriotism is the highest form of dissent " -- Mark Steyn

"When confronted with savagery one can demonstrate courage, or flee. The second option is available for a limited time only. Eventually there will be nowhere to run." -- Greyhawk

Old 01-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
Daigoji Gai
UGO's Jack of All Trades: I want puppies for every American!
Grand Chancellor of the Klingon Empire

Daigoji Gai has ventured to the Underverse and returned as something else... not quiet human.Daigoji Gai has ventured to the Underverse and returned as something else... not quiet human.Daigoji Gai has ventured to the Underverse and returned as something else... not quiet human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunthos View Post
Obama's big advantage is roughly 5 percentage points, and falling.
<offtopic>
This makes me smile.
</offtopic>
Daigoji Gai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #13
Grunthos
Easy. Serious.
An Underground ICON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoji Gai View Post
<offtopic>
This makes me smile.
</offtopic>
Was true at the time.

Shall we wait and see what his approval ratings do, once that $2Trillion deficit sinks in?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #14
shadowstalker
professional lunatic

I predict that Obama will be keeping everyone too busy with the problems he creates for them to worry about the problems he inherited. Though to be fair some of his appointments pleasantly surprised me; Volkher for instance.

Spoiler :

Quote:
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
Shadyhugs
Diva of H8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoji Gai View Post
<offtopic>
This makes me smile.
</offtopic>
Obama: From "I Win!" to "I fucked up" in only 11 days.

What a loser. Crumbling after 2 weeks.