Top Movie Forums > Hellboy 2 > Will Guillermo's talent be enough?

Welcome! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post.

Login Form
Your User Name:
Your Password:

Want to register?   Forgotten your password?

Search this Thread:

Return to Hellboy 2
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif

linear Linear  hybrid Hybrid  threaded Threaded 
printer.gif Print Page  sendtofriend.gif Email Page 

folder icon   01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Will Guillermo's talent be enough? Post #1
rowdyfoudy
Stem
--------------------------------

I have liked all of his movies so far, but will this be an end to his streak? I mean after watching the preview, the movie looks a bit ridiculous. I might be wrong, after all this is Guillermo Del Torro we're talking about here.

Inappropriate or harrassing post? Report Post | IP: Logged
off.gif sendpm.gif profile.gif journal.gif lists.gif ratings.gif find.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Post #2
GhostSong
Stem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyfoudy
I have liked all of his movies so far, but will this be an end to his streak? I mean after watching the preview, the movie looks a bit ridiculous. I might be wrong, after all this is Guillermo Del Torro we're talking about here.
I really enjoyed the first movie, he's a fan of the comic so thats always good, and Mignola (Hellboy's creator) I think plays some kind of role in the production. I don't think its going to be awful. I mean unless something catastrophic happens it's going to be okay.

off.gif sendpm.gif profile.gif journal.gif lists.gif ratings.gif find.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Post #3
lovernotfighter9
Seedling

Honestly i thought the first movie was painful, the best part about it was it was funny, Ron brings a (no one can play hellboy better) trait to the movie but i hope the second one delivers what the trailer has shown

folder icon   01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Post #4
GhostSong
Stem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovernotfighter9
Honestly i thought the first movie was painful, the best part about it was it was funny, Ron brings a (no one can play hellboy better) trait to the movie but i hope the second one delivers what the trailer has shown
Wait, crap someone disagreed with me. I know I know the conduct and the ettiquite on these forums. I can do it...c'mon Ghost Song...

"Honestly I thought ur stoopid. Jurk. Go dye inuh soower."

Score, dead on. I can now call myself bi-lingual. C'mere resume.

Nah I'll grant you that the first movie could have been better, but after seeing Pan's Labryinth I know that Del Toro is a helluva storyteller and I think that the studios will have alot more faith in Del Toro. I think I have to believe that its the studio notes and intrusive executives that screw up movies ALOT more than crappy directors.

folder icon   01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
It will be great Post #5
pirix
Stem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyfoudy

They could spend 90 minutes with Hellboy doing catfood commercials and I would see it twice. I love the entire Hellboy concept.

folder icon   02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Post #6
supersean1984
Growing Member

Hellboy distinguishes itself from the competition with the imagination poured into the narrative. What other super-hero movie, if you can call it that, has so many different fantasy elements built into its story? Good or bad, you haven't seen a movie like this before. I like Guillermo's imagination, and I think he is doing right by taking Hellboy into the "fantasy" side of cinema; it will free him up to make a very creative movie. I can't say it will be gold, but I'm eager to see the results just the same.

folder icon   02-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Post #7
supersean1984
Growing Member

Hooray! I'm a growing member now.

folder icon   03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Post #8
spiderv
Growing Member

yeah i thought the trailor was a little corny, but if the movie is like the first with the humor and action, ill enjoy

Search this Thread:

Return to Hellboy 2
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif