Wishlist for the new Opera Mini

Forums » Opera Community » Opera for mobiles » Opera Mini

Go to last post

Go to last post go

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 18:35:01

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

Wishlist for the new Opera Mini

The old wishlist thread is closed, as Opera Mini has been totally rewritten.

Please use this thread for wishes from now on. Thanks!

Old wishlist thread: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=137651

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 18:47:55

dordze

Wish it remember coocies,so I don't have re-enter username every 3 minutes.

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 18:51:21, edited Tuesday, 19. June 2007, 19:29:03

HAMIDIRANNEZHAD

File manager

Built in download manager

Auto refresh

support of saving pages

Find on this page

Direct shortcut to search engine

Page rotation

Navigate by keypad

More options on bookmark control ( import,export,sort,add link to bookmark by pointig it,ability to create new folder so we can classify our bookmarks)

Backlight control

Ability to copy text

Ability to copy link's address

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 19:00:16

DjiXas

1. An ability to to select how much I want to? As current configuration zooms too much for me.

2. RSS feeds? Removed? Or still not recoded?

3. I've found that this version navigation is not so great, for example I am using main phone button (confirm) to zoom, but it doesn't zoom out once I click same button again. I have to use #5, so I have to move my fingers to bottom, which makes it a bit slow not so good to navigate. I wonder if there is any option so select like main button to zoom in and out and 5 to follow link or any other ideas? Like holding that button for 1sec would make page zoom out and just clicking would make follow link?

4. When typing url, Opera Mini should show similar urls, like "auto complete", but would take all the urls from history, so let's say I've visited operamini.com, and now I want to visit it again after some time, Yea I know I can click previous addresses, but if there are too many of them... OK, so let's say I want to visit it again, I type: O, and bit in the bottom suggestion should appear, like OperaMini.com, so I click it and woo, I am browsing OperaMini.com again...

5. Smart urls end? I've noticed this feature in my current phone breowser. When I type domain and "." (dot), it automatically shows a pop up with .com, .net, .org, etc. Got the idea?

6. Wish to have at least 2 tabs :-)

7. Export bookmarks to my account in opera.com right before browser upgrade, so next time after it's being upgraded, I could just enter my username and it should automatically download them and place. So I won't have to do that after each upgrade.

8. Wands, possible? :-?

9. An ability to copy url when viewing page information.

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 19:10:34

batfree

I hope to associate the operamini with the opera community account. And all setting in the operamini will be save in the account. Operamini setting such as bookmarks , rss feeds can be managed from pc.

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 19:12:35

CrazyTerabyte

I wish to have all unimplemented wishes from old wishlist thread. :smile:

But for Dimension, I think a new and improved bookmark handling is pretty much needed (as mentioned many times on old wishlist).

I noticed upload support is missing from this beta. Ok, I never had actually used it, but maybe it could/should be implemented?

I noticed from EULA that Opera Mini is defined as a software that read/writes data from Internet or file system. So I guess File System support might be a new feature on final version.

I don't have much more to wish now. Please look for my posts on old wishlist thread to see my wishes. :smile:

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 19:40:13

mod_

hello. I had a problem with beta by a version 4. got her from the page of mini.opera.com/beta by the browser of telephone, set on a load map and started. the frightful happened further, at the load of appendix a white screen appeared with inscription of loading and my telephone hung up. got beta version once again and set in memory of telephone, a situation did not change, a tot white screen with inscription and telephone hung up, it is necessary to drag out a battery:frown: what can a problem be in? for me samsung d720

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 20:12:31, edited Wednesday, 20. June 2007, 05:04:10

yehezkelshb

For me, tabs and internal buffer to copy/paste will make this app perfect! tnx

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 20:31:47

tvierling

Well, to make it an official wishlist request:

Please bring back the "Small" font rendering from 3.1. I'd really like to read more than 35-40 words without scrolling, and things like Gmail are beyond painful now since action button/link lists take up whole (or multiple) screens.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=193754

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 21:06:39

kingofcomedy

As already mentioned in the old thread: a whitelist for pages where images are allowed to load. :smile:

PermalinkTuesday, 19. June 2007, 21:18:49

theoddbod

Originally posted by tvierling:

Please bring back the "Small" font rendering from 3.1

Amen to that. Or at least shrink the spacing between lines which is massive.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 00:04:20, edited Wednesday, 20. June 2007, 00:22:49

tinhoy

1) Allow "user-mode" ala Opera desktop. Would maybe solve the problem of fonts using css instead of the font size in the settings.

2) Customized settings for each bookmark. When editting bookmarks, have display settings such as:
 ( ) use default settings
 (*) use custom settings
    [ ] fit to width
    [ ] load images
    [ ] high quality images
    [ ] auto zoom
    [ ] user mode (see wish 1 ;P)

This would save a lot of time and data bandwidth, as it avoids the reloading associated with switching modes after the page has already loaded once. Personally rather have this than an image whitelist.

3) When viewing a Link's info, add an option to Go to URL instead of having to OK, then click to follow the link. It may seem like just saving a keystroke, but 95% of the time I check a link, I am just doing a final check to see if I want to go there. I want to move forward, but it feels cumbersome to have to back out to the main display to proceed forward.

If anything, please do #2, as I believe that would provide the most benefit. Being able to customize my settings once per site instead of changing it everytime I switch to a new site would be a godsend. BTW, the premise behind #2 assumes that the bookmark's settings would be in effect until either:
  • another bookmark is opened
  • on-the-fly settings are changed through context menu
  • default settings are reinstated by opening a new page (#,1)

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 00:05:39

adaawana

Originally posted by ManneS:

The old wishlist thread is closed, as Opera Mini has been totally rewritten.

Please use this thread for wishes from now on. Thanks!

Old wishlist thread: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=137651

ATT MANNES ,or all

Please, all BLACKBERRY PEAR users just want to know why they don't have the full web view or why they cannot have a mouse pointer.....Any setting to perform ????

Is Opera working right now to fix that ???

Your answer will give a peace of mind to thousands.

Another Sad Blackberry pearl owner:cry:

THANKS

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 00:37:24

5pteron

1. Screen rotation

2. BUILT-IN all-language support
(I want to browse Korean websites but blackboxes appear because I live in a different country, therefore phones don't come with Korean fonts. I hope OM comes with every language font BUILT-IN. *Important step and feature to become a real World Wide Web browser :smile:)

3. Saving pages into phone memory

4. Clicking on an image for a zoom & download (OM3 had this. Maybe not implemented for beta yet?

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 00:38:07

tinhoy

Additional wish:

I love how "Download Images..." brings you to a page listing all the images on the page. Could there be a similar feature for links too?

also, +1 to Screen Rotation

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 01:29:55

luluch

1.small fonts,its good for my eyes
2.copy-paste please?
3.theme that i had in OM3
4.Screen rotation,so i can see the page nicely
5.ability 2 saving pages or url in phone memory
6.ability 2 upload data from phone memory
7.ok,i must admit that feeling lost of the 3rd box in OM3,Its useful though,can go directly to wikipedia/dictionary/technorati,why dont u keep it?
8.N gimme back the RSS feed pliz..

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 01:30:32

jp1

For me the most immediate need is to be able to import bookmarks from the old version. The ability to search for words on a page would be a close second

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 01:32:57, edited Wednesday, 20. June 2007, 04:02:10

gary1122

Install an extra large text size option for us older folks.
organize bookmarks better than one up or one down at a time.
The abilty to import bookmarks from operamini 3.
Add flash.
Save cookies or login info right now it is useless.
more when I think of them.
Too many bugs in operamini 4 so I am using operamini 3 mostly.
Most of the bugs have been listed on these forums.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 01:39:10

d4n3

1. Secondary search box for Wikipedia, IMDB, etc. This is a must and not implementing it in the new version would be a big setback. Also maybe a way to add your own searches.

2. Wand functionality. This would be a big time-saver.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 03:11:49

dantesoft

No, really

Originally posted by ManneS:

The old wishlist thread is closed
Assuming you read all that, and that all OM3 features will be availabe in OM4 final (yeah, even the fonts), I wish there was a cursor in SSR mode also, I need the context menu for images which are not selectable, etc.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 04:16:34

hitmark

What i would like is for the mouse to snap to nearest 'hot' item. Oh, and when the text in a table box is reshaped, look into doing so to the box also as The zoomed out view becomes to large at times. And maybe get cross page anchors working. They are vital for reading forums!

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 05:05:15

hyperken

Cookies, multiple links, flash plugin, multiple language input, encryption and privacy, open page in new page, download in opera mini instead of redirecting to default browser. And other web site plugin support.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 05:07:48

hyperken

Horizontal and vertical view for supported device like p910i phone.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 06:38:29

bzubak

Browser spoofing; IE or Firefox to enable access to sites that won't allow Opera or mini, such as Google docs.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 07:33:05, edited Wednesday, 20. June 2007, 07:39:50

5pteron

I think it would be nice if users could choose whether text contents to be reformatted neatly for screens or not via setting and context menu by pressing the number 1 key.
Some people will want to view nice and neat also original looks of desktop like pages rather than long and narrow texts which ruin the looks of pages.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 08:02:52

Phat^Trance

* Remember login and passwords
* Creat different folders for my bookmarks

* Export my bookmarks and be able to import them again
* Possible to add a "Fit o screen" option for different bookmarks
* cut and paste

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 08:21:44

lynkst

I have used the opera 4 for a while. It's really a good tool for me. Only , as a chinese user , i am worried about one thing. When the opera mini is very popular , will the server of opera mini being blocked by china's internet control system? You know, with the help of the mini, i can log onto some sites which is blocked by chinese goverment , like b b c news . So can mini give me the ability to choose whether connecting the site via the server or directly to it.
Another thing is :the warning of out of memory often pop up . So i hope i can clear the cache by myself .
Those are the suggesting i can give. Thank you

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 08:40:07

CrazyTerabyte

I do not work for Opera, but I can answer these:

Originally posted by lynkst:

So can mini give me the ability to choose whether connecting the site via the server or directly to it.

Opera Mini requires a proxy server to parse the pages and give them to your phone. So, it is not possible to access the servers directly. Maybe Opera Software could make a deal with Chinese government, but I can't talk about that because I don't work for Opera.

Originally posted by lynkst:

Another thing is :the warning of out of memory often pop up . So i hope i can clear the cache by myself .

You must tell us (or tell Opera devs) what phone model your have. Some phones have plenty of memory, others don't.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 09:07:50, edited Wednesday, 20. June 2007, 09:30:49

Limpi

My whislist:

[1] Saving the window size on exit
Every time I start Opera Mini 3 or Dimension, the first thing I do is setting the window size to full screen...

[2] Please modify the bookmark arrangeing, the Move up/Move down commands are outmoded!
When I will change the order of my bookmarks: I must select a bookmark,
execute the 'Manage\Move up' command on it, execute the 'Manage\Move up' command on it,
execute the 'Manage\Move up' command on it, ...
That isn't really cool! :smile:

Instead of this I would prefer the following method:
- Selecting the 'Manage\Arrange' command (that would be new) in the bookmarks list
- Using the [Ok] button to catch/release a bookmark
- Using [Up]/[Down] buttons to change the placing of the catched bookmark
- Selecting the 'Ok'/'Cancel' command (left & right soft keys) - they would end the Arranging mode

This would be more user-friendly! :smile:

[3] Skin-choosing (as in Opera Mini 3)

[4] Displaying webpage icon before bookmarks (as in Opera Mini 3)

[5] Automatic version check function
When connecting to Net, Opera Mini should automatically check for new version
in the background and pop-up a message if new version is available!

That would be also great to know, when a new beta version is finished...

[6] A "memory usage limit" advanced option!
That is needed because of "crazy operating systems" such as Symbian OS 9.1,
wich doesn't have proper memory handling!

On my Nokia N80, Symbian OS 9.1 allows Opera Mini/Dimenison to use all
available memory! I mean not only the free memory, but all available memory!

For example if I use Media Player and Opera Mini at the same time,
sooner or later the OS closes Media Player because it will serve Opera Mini
with memory as much possible!
(Using the latest N80 firmware v4.0707.0.7 doesn't help.)

I know, this is a bug of Symbian and/or Nokia, but if Opera Mini/Dimension
would have a "memory usage limit" option, I could set it for example to 10MB
and so prevent the OS form closing other running applications.

[7] The [*],[*] shortcut should work also when you are in the menu (as in Opera Mini 3)

[8] Setting image quality in more steps
I think the Low/High quality setting isn't enough, because 'Low quality' is too ugly and
the 'High quality' is too good!
I would like to choose between: Low/Medium/High or maybe Low/Medium/High/Ultra High.

[9] Adding the "change window size" command to the menu!
Please add the "change window size" command to the menu (Tools\Change windows size)!

The [*],[*] keyboard shortcut is uncomfortable when you have a slide-phone and you
use it with closed slide!

[10] Native screen rotation if possible
I use currently RotateMe (http://www.bysamir.fr/rotateme/) for landscape mode on my Nokia N80,
but I would perfer if you could implement landscape mode within Opera Mini!

[11] "Fit to width mode" should work correctly also on 352x416 displays
I sent a bug report related to this.

My personal opinion:

Opera Mini 4 is awesome cool! :cool:
I think the final version will be better than the built-in Browser of the newest Symbian-based Nokia phones!

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 09:08:43

kiwi47

One of the first functions I looked for in Dimension Beta was page rotation. I use a SE P900i, which has a 3inch screen. If I could select landscape view, instead of portrait, less horizontal scrolling would be necessary.

So that's one for the Opera team to consider......!

Cheers,

George

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 09:54:10

Cer[v]3r

Rotation! I mean come on! It's "Dimension!"

A wand that you can add passwords to. Like Opera 9.21

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 10:37:35

Limpi

Yeah, rotation would be cool! :cool:

Maybe with [7]/[9] keys (rotate left/rotate right)?
As far as I know this keys are currently unused...

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 11:07:14

vladimirg

непознат (unknown)

Saving pages for reading them later.

Opening local plain text files.

Ability to convert PDFs to simple html (similiar to "View PDF as HTML" in GMail) to read on the phone screen.

Ability to show content Landscape (currently it is only Portrait).

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 12:27:34

IGI2

I know thaht we don't talk about Mod of Opera Mini, but those are my wishes... I have a wish to all function from this application do from begin, professionally like you always do and configurate them perfect.

Sorry for my english. I have a hope you understand me and you don't give me a ban for talking about Mod.

PS. +1 for all (almost all) ideas!

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 16:02:06, edited Wednesday, 20. June 2007, 16:07:28

nissu

Here are some things I'd like to see in future revisions:

• Tabs. Even two would be nice.

• Folders for bookmarks which you can open/close with a click (just like the content folding click-to-open works). I think one level is sufficient.

• One or two more zoom steps. On my phone the zoomed-in view is something like 1:4 of the full page. 1:2 would be nice so that half the page would be visible at once (horizontally). However, 1:2 is probably not big enough to be readable, but it would still allow for easier navigation around a page the user is not familiar with. Allow the user to choose which is the default.

• Landscape mode. I know you cannot rotate the MIDP UI controls, but at least for me mobile browsing is more of a "read only" activity and I only type occasionally, so having to rotate the phone to fill form items wouldn't be a big problem.

• Ability to set viewing defaults as per bookmark basis (no/low/high images, SSR vs. full view)

• Maybe a third image quality setting, "medium"

• Fourth font size, slightly smaller than the current "small"

• This probably goes without saying but please keep SSR mode in OM forever, as it's still often the best option for "quick" browsing of blogs and mobile/PDA versions of news sites and so on.

All in all, I'm quite impressed by the beta already. The way it handles complex pages with CSS etc. in "full view" is truly outstanding.

edit: rephrased some wishes

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 16:18:21

tvierling

Originally posted by nissu:

Here are some things I'd like to see in future revisions:

• This probably goes without saying but please keep SSR mode in OM forever, as it's still often the best option for "quick" browsing of blogs and mobile/PDA versions of news sites and so on.

It doesn't go without saying, as it was effectively removed "by design" in OM4. See my reply above about small font size.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 17:26:44

SgtH3nry3

Originally posted by vladimirg:

Opening local plain text files.

Ability to convert PDFs to simple html (similiar to "View PDF as HTML" in GMail) to read on the phone screen.
YES! YES! YES!

If yoy guys (Opera Mini devs) still had connections with Google, there might have been a chance that they might have lend you their intelligent content converter they use in Gmail.

It's really great if you tried it before, finally it's possible to read .PDF files without external software.
This is definately my no. 1 wish regarding Opera Mini. (And Opera Mobile aswell)

Ability to show content Landscape (currently it is only Portrait).

Currently, even though it IS a béta version, I'd love to see RSS feeds return, aswell as secure browsing, skins (my K800i has a really bright screen, so I avoid light colors and use the grey skin P:) and most importantly (for me personally):

I always use the (fav)icons in the bookmark page for quick browsing, now when adding bookmarks I noticed that Opera Mini doesn't load the favicon directly anymore.
Probably a bug?

Anyway, I was thinking, you can't identify the phone by it's device id right?
Isn't it possible to have null, dev0, J2ME, etc translated into "mobiledevice" or some other general tag?

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 18:58:18

Roysihite

My special wishlist: - the ability to convert from full web view to fit to width or reverse without have to loading page again! - saved page feature - multi search option - RSS - Photo upload - Access to phone or memory files - that's enough for me since OM already FANTASTIC! OM Dimension works flawless in my Nokia N95 and Nokia 6600! Opera Deskstop works fantastic in my Dell XPS 1710!

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 19:09:03

Roysihite

Oh! 1 more feature,landscape view! Come on, the full web view will be great to use with landscape view,so we dont have to scrool horizontal to much! Landscape view is very important for OM Dimension users cause making new browsing experience for us! Right,mannes?

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 20:09:02

a_paddy

The one thing that annoyed me about Opera Mini 3 was that when a page had an upload field it Opera only allowed you upload a picture directly from the camera. Which is fine for Photo bloggin if you have Opera open but not if you already had taken the picture. I know uploading isn't in the beta but I hope to see it in the final.

I kind of miss the zoom on the image download.

Also I'm sure photo blog and feeds will make a glorious return for the final.

Thanks Opera

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 22:38:33

TyeTye

Firstly, GREAT job. I look forward to seeing the final product. Kudos to the entire Opera Mini team!

I use a Pocket PC with no keypad, so my preferences are biased toward a touchscreen not the number pad.

Suggestions:
1. Put the option for full screen mode in the settings screen so it will remember my preference. Why should I need to reset this every time I start Mini?

2. Put the Fit To Width/SSR context menu in the left soft key menu. Pressing '1' on a PPC is a pain (No, really. It is). Please don't forget us touchscreen users! :smile:

3. If possible. Have an option to start pages in the "overview mode" but when something is selected zoom to SSR mode. Then when zooming back out, place the zoom box where we exited.

4. In SSR mode, PLEASE find a more visual way to separate rows in tables. When reading any forum or sales information, sometimes it's impossible to figure out where things are separated. ASCII Art example below:
Normal View:

Current Opera Mini SSR:

Desired Opera Mini SSR:
---
---

5. Flash. Yes, I know we can't have real Flash. But at least in "overview mode" show placeholders where flash would be. Some page layouts that mix Flash with regular images look really distorted when the images get rearranged because of the removed Flash.

6. Flash, part 2. I asked for this before but I figure I'll ask again. Take a screen shot of the first image of a Flash file. Put that image in the place where the Flash would go. I know loading times might make this unfeasible but I figure there's no harm in asking.

7. Better bookmark management. Possibly one level of folders. Someone mentioned using the same scheme as the content folding. Great idea, there!

Keepers:
1. Thanks for adding the touchscreen "drag multiplier." I love being able to drag my finger a small amount but have the page move around quicker. Great!

2. I like the feature that keeps me in a column once I've started dragging up and down. That's a nice touch. I think the logic that is used to recenter columns that don't line up exactly should be just a bit more aggressive though. Maybe don't be afraid to zoom out "on the fly" when pushing the content around. I hope that made sense.

Losers:
1. The new context menu. Again, it's too difficult to get to if there is no keypad available. Please give us another way to access it.

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with other stuff after I use it for awhile. Again, great job Opera! Thank you.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 22:44:31

TyeTye

Oh, I remember the other request. If tabs can't/won't be implemented how about "temporary bookmarks?" They would be flushed on every exit, but would provide us a quick way to get back to or mark something for future reading and/or reference. Like if I am reading cnn.com and I see four links on the front page that I am interested in, I could temporary bookmark each article and then go through that list after scanning the front page.

PermalinkWednesday, 20. June 2007, 22:58:54

efenili

Okey I have some NEEDS, not even WANTS.

A: Items that were in 3.1 that are missing because of I dont know what
1. Bring back RSS NOW!! OMG I Need the RSS!!!
2. Bring back Wikipedia lookup, one of my most prized things was quick look ups on wikipedia via front page.
3. Themes

B: Things not in previous version that I would like added
1. Cookies! I do not want to have to type in my user name and password every time...it takes forever on regular phones with a keypad. Especially since my passwords are very long!
2. Easier ways to edit bookmark placements
3. Copy & Paste
4. Auto-Complete URLs or give suggestions. Again without a keypad it takes a long time...and finish it with .com or something automatically.
5. Ability to have a page load image boxes (Similiar to disabling images in full browsers) but when selected the single image is loaded.

Thats all for now. I will list more later.

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 00:31:28

CrazyTerabyte

Originally posted by TyeTye:

5. Flash. Yes, I know we can't have real Flash. But at least in "overview mode" show placeholders where flash would be. Some page layouts that mix Flash with regular images look really distorted when the images get rearranged because of the removed Flash.

I think you should report such sites to Opera Mini devs.

Suggestion: add a "Report broken site" at Opera Mini context menu, tools menu, or Page Information page.

Originally posted by efenili:

5. Ability to have a page load image boxes (Similiar to disabling images in full browsers) but when selected the single image is loaded.

I've asked this before. Context-menu -> load this image.

Maybe some phones with low memory might have troubles with this, so "Open image" might be good enough for these cases (because it loads the image, but outside the page; while the perfect way would be load it inside the page).

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 03:42:26

Investor

Originally posted by TyeTye:

6. Flash, part 2. I asked for this before but I figure I'll ask again. Take a screen shot of the first image of a Flash file. Put that image in the place where the Flash would go. I know loading times might make this unfeasible but I figure there's no harm in asking.

IMO... OM 4 Beta *architecture* is so brilliant that one needs to be careful in what to wish for :wink:

However, agreed. One focus should be to improve *overview mode* (eg. on www.mlb.com ). Your suggestions (5 and 6 above) may contribute to that. If so, then a second or two more loading time pays off, as navigation gets better.

3. If possible. Have an option to start pages in the "overview mode" but when something is selected zoom to SSR mode. Then when zooming back out, place the zoom box where we exited.

Not sure that's the way to go. With improved *overview mode*, the fit to width view (of text), when zoomed in, could be improved too. Then there is no need for user to swap into SSR mode at all (meaning loading page again)...

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 08:20:03

vivekgk

Where's the 'Smallest' font size? Has that been removed? Will it be back in the final version? Please include it. It's a boon for those with smaller res screens, like 128x128 or 176x220.

Is there any way that the orientation of the screen can be changed? That would be wonderful, especially on smaller, 'tall' screens like 128x160, 176x220 and even 240x320

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 14:44:42

dordze

I wish bigger font. In 3.1 I were used to middle font,but now the Large is smaller as middle.

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 18:26:46, edited Thursday, 21. June 2007, 18:31:49

Chasetastic

Yo, yo, yo. Word?

Awesome work already, but I do have quite a few suggestions/requests...

I'm not going to ask for the rss feeds and such, because I know they just haven't been written into the code yet.

But I WILL ask for:

•Landscape Mode
It would be nice to see the page a little wider.

•Custom Zoom
I sometimes just want to see the whole image at the same time inside a web page, except not as small as the full zoom. Even just a middle zoom level would be good. Also, for high resolution phones, being able to read the text in a page with the largest text would be good.

•Site Menu Expanding
It's sometimes annoying to have to click on an expanding page menu and have the whole page reload to be able to click on an option (e.g. Facebook.com top menus, wireless.ATT.com top menus, etc.)

•Native Paragraph Widths
A setting in the quick menu would be great. It would make the page look better, and maybe the zoom could snap to it?

•Instant Back Button
Instead of having to zoom back out first...

•Full Zoom Scrolling
When zoomed out, scrolling the page without having to go to the edge... Maybe with the 3 & 9 buttons?

•RSS Alerts
Every (x) minutes, showing a little popup of new RSS posts.

•RSS Menu Option
I check RSS a lot, and if RSS Alerts are there, quick access would be good.

•OGG Theora Playback
I know it's coming. Make it happen, please. :D

•Tabs
Only two would be fine with me. Tab switching with 7?

•More Search Options
I would like to have more search engine options when it comes back... (e.g. Google, Live, Ask, Flickr)

•3gp Playback
It would work, wouldn't it?

•Mp4 Playback
This seems less practical than 3gp and OGG Theora, but could you try? :D

•Toaster
Jam dispenser too? Thanks.

MAKE IT HAPPEN OPERA TEAM! I LOVE OM4 ALREADY!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Chase

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 19:08:39

Rex.Guildo

Screen rotation!

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 19:50:05

kingofcomedy

Originally posted by kingofcomedy:

As already mentioned in the old thread: a whitelist for pages where images are allowed to load. :smile:

Better: bookmark manager like in Opera DS, with options for every site: display images, fit to width, etc.

PermalinkThursday, 21. June 2007, 20:13:23

timothyholt506

An option to be able to view web pages with handheld style sheets such as this forum in desktop view. Disabling the fit to width option just shows the pointer and can't zoom out.

Forums » Opera Community » Opera for mobiles » Opera Mini

Web analytics powered by HitsLink.

Copyright © 2001 - 2007 Opera Software. All rights reserved. Help | Contact | Privacy | Disclaimer