Forums » Opera Community » Opera for mobiles » Opera Mini

Go to last post

Go to last post go

PermalinkWednesday, 7. November 2007, 09:00:29

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

Opera Mini 4 released to the masses

Hi all!

It's with great pleasure we can tell you that Opera Mini 4 (final version) is released! :smile:

As usual, get it from http://www.operamini.com

We have actually released Opera Mini in 50 languages this time, and there will be even more later on! :up:

This version will overwrite your current Opera Mini. But if you want to make sure everything runs smoothly, you could uninstall the old version first. We've seen from experience that some phones have a hard time upgrading to Opera Mini 4.

To read more about this release, go to the Opera Mini blog.

If you find any bugs, be kind and tell us about it by reporting either from the phone (Menu -> Tools -> Help -> Bug Report) or from a computer by going here.

Thank you all, and enjoy Opera Mini 4!

Regards,
The Opera Mini team

PS: We will also make Opera Mini 3 available on http://mini.opera.com :smile: Then you just download from the link "Try the old Opera Mini 3". This version is named "Opera Mini 3", so it can co-exist on your phone with Opera Mini 4 (named "Opera Mini").

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 08:47:21

serola

Originally posted by ManneS:

PS: We will also make Opera Mini 3 available on http://www.operamini.com Then you just download from the link "Try the old Opera Mini 3". This version is named "Opera Mini 3", so it can co-exist on your phone with Opera Mini 4 (named "Opera Mini").

When this is going to happen?

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 09:46:45

madhubhashana

mini lover

Originally posted by serola:

When this is going to happen?

happened ages ago P:

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 09:58:53

serola

Not for http://www.operamini.com
It's at http://www.mini.opera.com
Some browsers probably redirect www.mini.opera.com to www.operamini.com. This is what happens on desktop Opera. Cant' test Sony Ericsson and Netfront since my phone is getting repaired. Maybe you have to install OM (4final) before you can access http://www.mini.opera.com

@ ManneS - please correct the URL on this topic openening message or add the OM3 link at http://www.operamini.com

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 12:41:35

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

As you probably understand, we don't have time to answer all the questions here. If you find a bug, it's important that you report it. :smile:

As for Verizon: Opera Mini will not run on Verizon phones, but BlackBerry is the exception from the rule.

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 16:25:28, edited Monday, 12. November 2007, 16:32:41

djizzzz

[BUG: Duplicated Links]
Sorry didn't check if this has already been reported...

When two links on the same page have the same "href" attribute, they get selected (focus) at the same time.
This is not really painful though annoying.
The main problem, I have is quite weird: I have one link in my navigation that if preceded by a <form> element will not get the focus...
the bug occurs only in opera mini...
here is the described code:
<p>
<input class="button" type="submit" value="Search" />
</p>
</form>
</div>
<div id="general_navigation">
<ul>
<li><a href="default.html"> Home </a></li>
<i class="selected">Advanced Search</li>
<li><a href="content_home.htm">Content section</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

Now even more strange (for me at least) if I change the href to "mypage.html", it solves the issue... Not quite... In fact the issue occurs each time, my logo-link at the top of the page has the same href as this link.
Where I get totally puzzled is that this combination of links appears on almost every pages but this focus issue only on pages with form.

Do I write something wrong with my forms?

Note that I use XHTML Basic 1.0 and the online simulator

Cheers
Thanks

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 16:31:17

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

@djizzzz: You have to report a bug. We can't work on assumed bugs taken from the forum. Thanks! :smile:

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 16:33:17

djizzzz

@djizzzz: You have to report a bug. We can't work on assumed bugs taken from the forum. Thanks! :smile:

I was searching for that but could not find the place... got a link?

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 17:18:37

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

https://bugs.opera.com/wizardmini/ or directly from the phone. :smile:

PermalinkMonday, 12. November 2007, 17:28:10

noto1985

N/A

Originally posted by djizzzz:

I was searching for that but could not find the place... got a link?

in your opera mini:
menu-tools-help-bug report

PermalinkTuesday, 13. November 2007, 06:30:55

arsradu

hallo again!
yesterday i found other bugs in Opera Mini 4 final:
1st,i can't click on a form to browse things from my phone (for example to attach something to a mail in Yahoo! mail or to upload a photo in My Opera),not even images.the form doesn't open at all.
2nd,i already told Opera Mini (but seems like the problem still remains the same)that the images doesn't load completly in bigger sites with a lots of pictures.(for example www.sport.ro).maybe it's good to mention that i set up the image quality to "high" because i want to have a better look on the page.
3rd,as someone already told,yes,it seems that OM4 final it's slower then the beta versions(and especially OM4 beta2) not on the internet,because the pages are loaded pretty fast but,when i first type an URL or even bookmark,it takes like 10 sec at least to start loading and opening that page and NO,it's not because of my internet connection.i have Nokia N70 with 3G connection(384 kb/s) and it works great after i get to the first page.

oh,and i want for a very loooooooong time a browser that fully supports java scripts and flash.:-)maybe u will consider that too when u release the next version of Opera Mini.best regards! :-)

PermalinkTuesday, 13. November 2007, 11:16:26

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

@arsradu:
1. That's because it's not implemented.
2. Your phone has too little memory, and the first thing to notice is that images stop loading.
3. We haven't noticed that it's slower.

Originally posted by arsradu:

oh,and i want for a very loooooooong time a browser that fully supports java scripts and flash.:-)maybe u will consider that too when u release the next version of Opera Mini.best regards! :-)

No Flash. Sorry! Javascripts are run in the server, so we can't support all.

PermalinkTuesday, 13. November 2007, 12:22:59

theoddbod

I haven't noticed that it's slower either :smile:. Quicker if anything

PermalinkTuesday, 13. November 2007, 20:24:16

prking

I've just noticed that on my Nokia E61 I no longer have to press the function key to use the shortcuts. Now I can press R to bring up the context menu, B to scroll down etc.

Thank you Opera, it has made the final very easy to use.

PermalinkWednesday, 14. November 2007, 03:26:53

crjag

Well, I wanted to like 4, but it does not work correctly on my Nokia 9300. All 3.x versions worked well, and I had tried all the beta versions of 4, and I guess I just assumed you would eventually fix the display issues: no matter what settings I try, it will not display entire page width, as it would in 3.x versions, so it requires endless scrolling. Unfortunately, because it is essentially useless for me, I had to revert to 3.2. Since 4 overwrites all versions of 3, I lost all my book marks, and have spent quite a lot of time restoring the 3.2 version. I'm sorry because I have been very happy with 3, and wanted to like 4.

PermalinkWednesday, 14. November 2007, 06:09:33

arsradu

Guys,it's strange u didn't implemented that upload form in Opera Mini 4 because u did in Opera Mini 3... Opera Mini 4 should be better then the previous version,right? i mean,i really appreciate your work and I'm not saying that OM4 it's not better in many ways,but as a member of this forum,i want to help you,developers,do the best u can do with this browser.;)

And about the memory problem in my N70,i will try to install OM4 on a diffrent phone(with bigger memory of course) and see if it does the same or not. But,u see,this is really strange.. I also have Opera mobile browser for S60 v8.65 installed and i have no problem with the memory when i use it.not even after a long time. and it's not possible that Opera Mini requires more memory than Opera for s60 does!

I recently bought a new phone,a Nokia 6120 and i tried to use Opera Mini4 but seems like it doesn't work. it doesn't complete installation! i tried with internet and wap APNs but no luck. I thought maybe it's not supported just yet because it's a new phone. best regards!:smile: radu.

PermalinkWednesday, 14. November 2007, 12:53:27

Lunkwill

Opera Softwareavatar

Arsradu, Opera Mobile and Opera Mini does not use the same memory pool as Mobile is a native symbian application and Opera Mini runs in a java enviroment. We are however looking into the issue to see if we can tweak the system.

PermalinkSaturday, 17. November 2007, 05:42:13

vesanie

Unfortunately Opera Mini 4.0 did not work on my Mobile Nokia 6230i: everything on browsed web pages was shown with only one or two words on each line, making web pages thousands of screen scrolls long. Obviously I have not found the right button to turn the viewing into classical view as in version 3, but meanwhile I have removed version 4 since it is impossible to use.

PermalinkSaturday, 17. November 2007, 07:25:35

kater68

vesanie, I had the same problem on my 6230i, it works only when you switch to small fonts in settings menu. There you can chose mobile view as well.

PermalinkSaturday, 17. November 2007, 17:49:44

Elpayaso

Today my OM 4.0 didn't work anymore. I try to uninstall it and pick 3.1 version up. Same problem. Thanks god i still have mod version 2.06. It looks amazing and stable one.

PermalinkSaturday, 17. November 2007, 18:03:45

philry4n

suspecting victim

asradu: Works on my 6120. Try removing opera mini and reinstall

PermalinkSunday, 18. November 2007, 19:06:50

arsradu

Originally posted by philry4n:

asradu: Works on my 6120. Try removing opera mini and reinstall

thank u very much but i didn't have Opera Mini installed before on my 6120 and when i tried the first time,it seems like it didn't work at all.anyway,i will try again.. best regards,radu.:smile:

PermalinkMonday, 19. November 2007, 12:53:43

fild5x

I have installed opera mini 4 on my newly acquired nokia n95 and I do not see any problems so far.

However I was just wondering why every time I try to download opera mini to a nokia phone the phone says the software is untrusted. Can something be done about this?

PermalinkMonday, 19. November 2007, 12:57:41

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

Originally posted by fild5x:

However I was just wondering why every time I try to download opera mini to a nokia phone the phone says the software is untrusted. Can something be done about this?

That's because Opera Mini isn't signed. We have no plans of signing the application yet.

PermalinkMonday, 19. November 2007, 13:37:39

philry4n

suspecting victim

@asradu which opera mini file did you use? jad or jar?

PermalinkMonday, 19. November 2007, 15:49:13

sremick

FreeBSD: It's not just for servers anymore

Well, I'm stuck with the same problem with OM4 final as I had with OM4 Beta: I can't even download it.

When I go to mini.opera.com or www.operamini.com in my WAP browser, I get: "Page Cannot Be Displayed"

This used to work for OM3 which I still have and works fine, so I guess I'm stuck for now. I'd like to report a bug, but the bug submission form wants the build version of OM4 which I can't get since I can't even download it. I don't want to put in my OM3 build since the bug won't get tracked properly and this is an OM4 issue. What should I use?

PermalinkMonday, 19. November 2007, 23:24:57, edited Monday, 19. November 2007, 23:31:34

arsradu

sremick,try to download the .jar or .jad file for your phone model using your PC or Opera Mobile,then transfer it to your phone(if u chose the PC download) using data cable and PC Suite,or bluetooth dongle if your phone supports bluetooth,or IR and install it that way.it should work.oh,and please tell us what phone do u use.:smile:

philri4n,thanks a lot 4 your advice.today i downloaded and installed OM4 in my 6120 and now it works great.thank u very much!:smile:

PermalinkWednesday, 21. November 2007, 16:45:12

jllanclos

Can anyone please tell me how to turn the search box on this page into a search on OM4? I was able to do it in beta but not in the live version.

http://wap.4info.net

Having this search available in my searches would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

PermalinkThursday, 22. November 2007, 00:46:14

Direwolf

Missouri Blacksheep

Originally posted by jllanclos:

Can anyone please tell me how to turn the search box on this page into a search on OM4? I was able to do it in beta but not in the live version.

http://wap.4info.net

Having this search available in my searches would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
No luck here either. Perhaps you should file a bug report? Menu -> Tools -> Help -> Bug Report

PermalinkFriday, 23. November 2007, 06:29:47

philry4n

suspecting victim

by the way i just realised that by logging in to Opera Link (synchronising my bookmarks) on Opera Mini on another phone make the feeds i have on the old one accessible :yes:

great job embedding the feeds to my username, so it's synchronised feeds (between Opera Minis) as well :happy:

PermalinkFriday, 23. November 2007, 08:28:55, edited Friday, 23. November 2007, 12:50:37

ManneS

Opera Softwareavatar

Originally posted by philry4n:

by the way i just realised that by logging in to Opera Link (synchronising my bookmarks) on Opera Mini on another phone make the feeds i have on the old one accessible

Beware that this only works if you log in with your username using the right case, as it's case sensitive. So, if you log in as "Philry4n" you would probably not get your feeds.

Edit: Apparently this was fixed a while ago, without me knowing it. :smile:

PermalinkFriday, 23. November 2007, 12:48:09

philry4n

suspecting victim

it's cool anyway, and i always use lowercase :lol:

PermalinkFriday, 23. November 2007, 16:00:27

jd603

Runs great on my BlackBerry 8830! Best browser available for it now.

The default view is kind of weak on this phone, I prefer full page view. It is fast enough to handle it with high quality images too.

One bug on this phone is every time Operam4 is loaded it will prompt "Is it ok to allow this application to use a low-level internet connection". This was not an issue in operamini3. It's just a nag issue but figured I would mention it.

PermalinkWednesday, 28. November 2007, 03:26:44

Oldiesmann

Can you please do something about that click-to-call feature? I have no use for it and find it especially annoying because it does a terrible job of deciding whether or not something is a phone number.

PermalinkWednesday, 28. November 2007, 05:30:50

Sreeramu

Now a days i am using opera mini 4 many times when compared to other browsers...

PermalinkThursday, 29. November 2007, 11:54:51

fild5x

Hi everyone! I would like to find out why each time I do a yahoo search,which is the default one, I in most cases receive a blank page. Is this a bug or not? When I do a google search I get the results every time. My phone is Nokia N95.

PermalinkFriday, 30. November 2007, 01:28:30

dodge50

MD

ON my k800i everytime i use mini 4 it re installs and i HAVE to accept the t and c's to continue like i did just to post this message. like the scroll and other stuff but night if back to mini 3.

PermalinkFriday, 30. November 2007, 08:36:04, edited Friday, 30. November 2007, 09:12:58

serola

@ Dodge50 - Please read this thread: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=2317990
This is very rare problem and there is a workaround:
Use only "Menu>Exit" for closing Opera Mini 4. Other methods for closing OM4 can interrupt important JAVA processes and cause "installing" on next startup.

I also recommend you to repeat your problem on that thread I mentioned. Also, if that workaround does not solve your problem, please ask more help on that thread.

Edit: Edited the post a little in case there are other Sony Ericsson users having the same problem.

PermalinkFriday, 30. November 2007, 09:06:29

dodge50

MD

Thanks for yor reply, i will use the correct threads in the future:-)

PermalinkFriday, 7. December 2007, 07:50:45, edited Friday, 7. December 2007, 08:14:10

bollex

Please help! Why I cannot enter into inside letters? At any variant the letter is marked with a tick! Why so? Look sreens
2opera1.jpg
1opera2.jpg
1opera3.jpg

PermalinkFriday, 7. December 2007, 19:56:28

01chevy

Hi:
Been searching thru the forums and was wondering if anyone has been able to get OM4 (or 3) installed on a Cingular/AT&T 8525 model phone that's been upgraded to the WM6 PRO ROM. I haven't had any luck and am wondering what I need to do to see if I can get this going....thanks in advance!

PermalinkSunday, 16. December 2007, 16:41:55

celluser7

Opera Mini 4 released to the masses
Hi all!

It's with great pleasure we can tell you that Opera Mini 4 (final version) is released!

As usual, get it from http://www.operamini.com

We have actually released Opera Mini in 50 languages this time, and there will be even more later on!

This version will overwrite your current Opera Mini. But if you want to make sure everything runs smoothly, you could uninstall the old version first. We've seen from experience that some phones have a hard time upgrading to Opera Mini 4.

To read more about this release, go to the Opera Mini blog.

If you find any bugs, be kind and tell us about it by reporting either from the phone (Menu -> Tools -> Help -> Bug Report) or from a computer by going here.

Thank you all, and enjoy Opera Mini 4!

Regards,
The Opera Mini team

PS: We will also make Opera Mini 3 available on http://mini.opera.com Then you just download from the link "Try the old Opera Mini 3". This version is named "Opera Mini 3", so it can co-exist on your phone with Opera Mini 4 (named "Opera Mini").

This newest opera mini 4 will not install on my Pantech duo. When i try to download it, it says that my phone is not recognized.... therefore i cannot download it. I am stuck with OM3 which i really am not a fan of...
All my other phones can get this newest one just fine... Why cant the Duo get it..??

PermalinkThursday, 20. December 2007, 19:16:27

Wael Ch

ترجي

Great thanks for the Arabic version!
:smile:

PermalinkSunday, 23. December 2007, 12:41:28

stranger_bd

i like opera mini 4! It's nice! It's not an easy job to make me happy!

opera mini 4 done it nicely!

PermalinkThursday, 27. December 2007, 16:31:05

getdonovan

Originally posted by 01chevy:

Hi:
Been searching thru the forums and was wondering if anyone has been able to get OM4 (or 3) installed on a Cingular/AT&T 8525 model phone that's been upgraded to the WM6 PRO ROM. I haven't had any luck and am wondering what I need to do to see if I can get this going....thanks in advance!

I was able to install on at&t blackjack II, running WM6. both versions (3 and 4) installed fine... they are availaible from the java location in start menu. not sure how different the hardware architecture is between smartphone and PPC phone...

incidentally, version 4 is SO AWESOME (love the mouse cursor, speed, overview mode, super small fonts)... HOWEVER, my only complaint is that i can't seem to get the permissions right on the HTTP request. It asks me EVERYTIME if i want to "allow request, and ask again next time". there is no permission setting for "allow all http requests" it's a nuisance, but still beats the pants off Pocket IE. I love the overview mode so much more than opera mobile's default view so would like to use opera mini instead. is there anyway to get new permissions? socket connections don't seem to work so i have to use HTTP.

PermalinkSunday, 30. December 2007, 08:48:12

teksavvy

Yeah guys brilliant job with Opera mini 4. When i downloaded Opera mini 3 last year little did i know that i'd fall in love with it!

But when I downloaded Opera mini 4 just three months ago, I think I recall celebrating like I've hit the jackpot!

Opera mini team, you guys set the standard and trends in mobile browsing.
Cheers!

PermalinkSunday, 30. December 2007, 16:31:28

mr.geo1024

Hi, I have a problem with Opera Mini on my hp 514 - i've installed version 4 (in czech lang) but i can't write nothing to the search line on the main page. Does anybody know where the problem is?

Thank you very much before.

PermalinkWednesday, 2. January 2008, 11:36:46, edited Wednesday, 2. January 2008, 12:45:08

serola

Originally posted by mr.geo1024:

Hi, I have a problem with Opera Mini on my hp 514 - i've installed version 4 (in czech lang) but i can't write nothing to the search line on the main page. Does anybody know where the problem is?

HP is not listed as a tested phone model on OM download site: http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/htc/
Oops, my mistake, it is listed: http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/other/hp_ipaq_514/

BTW, what do you mean you can't write nothing on "search line"? There's only search selector on start page. you have to pick one of the searches before you get the search form.

PermalinkWednesday, 2. January 2008, 19:25:54

amity2kare

Hi,

I have an O2 xda Atom Life which was running Opera Mini 4 on WM5 perfectly till yesterday. I just upgraded my phone to the latest ROM (WM6) today and am not able to install Opera Mini 4 or even 3. It just exits in the middle of the installation process without any warning or prompt. I really love OM4 and would love to keep using it. Please advise.

BTW.....I had installed the Esmertec JBED on WM5 and have installed the same on WM6 as well.

PermalinkFriday, 4. January 2008, 04:57:33

Himsplash

Hi! Everyone, I am from India, The Opera Mini 4 looks nice, but it works extremely slow on some slow networks of Airtel and BSNL, it is taking too much time to load a page, and sometimes it keeps loading for years, so we are unable to use OM 4 properly, we have lost our interest in it. However, the Previous versions of Opera Mini works much faster in these networks, and the OM 2 with transcoder server proxy 80.232.117.10:80 woks very fast, Hope there will be some solution for us in the future. Thanks....

Forums » Opera Community » Opera for mobiles » Opera Mini