Wedding Services Search
Long Island Parents & Children Long Island Parents & Children Long Island Parents & Children
Long Island Parents & Children
Long Island Parents & Children Long Island Parents & Children Long Island Parents & Children
Directions to LICM The Early Years Matter: What Every Parent Needs to Know
In a significant movement, two women’s organizations, Long Island Fund for Women and Girls and Long Island Women’s Agenda have, for the first time, chosen early care and education as their primary focus during the next three years. These two groups which represent over 60 organizations and thousands of Long Island women has selected to sponsor as their first joint initiative a series of parenting workshops entitled: The Early Years Matter…What Every Parent Needs to Know.
Media Partner: Newsday's Parents & Children
Visit www.theearlyyearsmatter.org for more info 

Family Travel
Our Best Family Vacations
Every month we make recommendations for family travel based on our writers' visits to various sites. But we thought you might like to know where travel writers go for their family vacations. The result is a round-up of eight locations with varying costs that our writers say led to the best family vacations they've had to date. 

Home Parties
Home Is Where The Party Is
Does the thought of children eating ice cream cake, tearing up wrapped gifts and tunelessly belting out "Happy Birthday" leave you cold and clammy or warm and fuzzy? 

Teen Programs
Summer Programs for Teens
Lyndsie Levine, a junior at Kings Park High School, hasn't even started the college application process, but she's already studied at Yale University. After many years at local day camps on Long Island, Levine was ready for something different last summer, when she was 16. So she spent three weeks studying poetry and fashion design – and meeting students from all over the world – in a program for high school students at Yale in New Haven, CT. 

Slumber Parties
No-Doze Slumber Parties
"May we help you clean up?" "No thank you, we don't want any snacks or ice cream." "We're ready to go to sleep now." While wholly welcome in any household that's hosting a children's slumber party, these words will likely never be uttered by the young guests who are attending. 

Latest Issue
March 2006
March 2006

ENTER TO WIN tickets to Dora the Explorer LIVE! at Radio City Music Hall!

Special Section

Coming Soon!

School Scores
Search for results from the state's annual School Report Card.

Teachers
Programs and online resources to use in conjunction with your curriculum. Sponsored newspapers are available as well as curriculum guides and supplements.
Go to NIE

On the Web

Get the latest headlines on your wireless device at http://www.newsday.com.
By visiting this site, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2006 Newsday Inc.
Partners: Shopping: ShopLocal.com I Careerbuilder for jobs I Cars.com for Autos I Apartments.com for rentals I Homescape.com for Homes